Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
What's this- a decent sale? High $$? Crumbs. Direct too.
Country: Worldwide
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 30 March 2020
End: 30 March 2025
 
mosaics-of-baptism-of-christ-with-john-the-baptist-and-apostles-arian-baptistery-c-500ad-ravenna-emilia-romagna-italy-TRTY35.jpg
Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 30-March-2020 ; Duration: In perpetuity

 

Mid $$

 

flying-bleriot-xi-replica-built-in-sweden-by-mikael-carlsson-pioneer-flying-machine-by-louis-bleriot-from-the-early-days-of-flight-blue-sky-PP6365.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DRN703/desert-view-watchtower-watch-tower-grand-canyon-south-rim-national-DRN703.jpg

Grand Canyon Desert View Watchtower - Architect: Mary Colter, 1932

North America - Editorial - Magazine - print 300,000, digital and electronic $$$

On the web the Canyon has been cropped out.

 

wim

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A last minute $$$ live news use from February that I didn’t know about just turned up today giving me a healthy total for the month. A mass wash up of starfish.

yellowcraig-beach-east-lothian-scotland-

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Kay also has a similar sale it looks like it's 2021 calendar time:

 

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Calendar ;  Print run: up to 20,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-January-2021 ; End: 01-January-2022 ; Additional Details: Includes thumbnail use on the back page

 

spitfire-td314-is-a-mark-ix-supermarine-spitfire-plane-operated-by-EYB7GG.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An unexpected mid $$ today

W20A16.jpg

Country: United Kingdom

Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use.  Up to 1/8 page.cover or inside.One time use only.

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing

Start: 31-March-2020 ; End: 30-April-2020

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

That's a good one, Alan. I had a small German sale of the Fab Four this month too. 

 

2A0HAP6.jpg

 

 

Dam, its the Fab Four. I must be missing one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Terrific Three? Hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All being well I shall be in Liverpool in September covering the Labour Party Annual Conference. I shall have to reshoot The Terrific Three sorry, The Fab Four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

The Terrific Three? Hmm.

 

And now we're down to the Doddery Duo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you calling Ed and I Doddery. I've been called many things in the past, but this is taking a bit too far 😡. Just joking John

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An IQ magazine use for mid $$.  I suspect my last sale of the month.

 

usa-census-2010-envelope-sent-to-every-address-in-america-and-required-BJA92D.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

Are you calling Ed and I Doddery. I've been called many things in the past, but this is taking a bit too far 😡. Just joking John

 

I would have to plead guilty to doddery, but John was pointing at Paul and Ringo, I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One of 4 sales that dropped in on the last day on the month.

Yippie!! I had great hopes as I had the only zooms for the search, being the only images on Alamy.

This is the pub where David Bowie filmed part of the clip Let's Dance.

There's no great danger of pointing this out as the place is fairly remote, reachable only via dirt roads in dry weather, and would not financially warrant a trip on itself. On top of that, I had my picture taken inside the pub and it's displayed next to David Bowies' there. Little things in life...

 

2A8G9D9.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, gvallee said:

One of 4 sales that dropped in on the last day on the month.

Yippie!! I had great hopes as I had the only zooms for the search, being the only images on Alamy.

This is the pub where David Bowie filmed part of the clip Let's Dance.

There's no great danger of pointing this out as the place is fairly remote, reachable only via dirt roads in dry weather, and would not financially warrant a trip on itself. On top of that, I had my picture taken inside the pub and it's displayed next to David Bowies' there. Little things in life...

 

2A8G9D9.jpg

 

 

 

Nice one Genevieve, you have a great group of shots on The David Bowie "Let's Dance" in outback  Australia 😃 I used to have the CD....China Girl and Modern Love were big hits off the Album too....Mmm i might just buy it again...Oh BTW....I put my 100 to 400mm zoom to good use and paid a visit to the Halls Gap Zoo...My wife and sister in law enjoyed the zoo as well, leaving me to get busy with my camera..

 

I managed a good selection of animal and bird shots, and  am at present processing more for upload....Lucky i managed that outing there as the zoo is now closed! just like many other places and businesses now with the restrictions...I might just buy a 500mm tele later in the year-and shoot some more wildlife and other subjects where a long tele is useful ..As for recouping the outlay well i know i will have to use it well to justify having it...and i can always sell it again if i need to....I got lucky recently finding a nice nugget to pay for the lens....

Edited by William Caram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, William Caram said:

 

 

 

Nice one Genevieve, you have a great group of shots on The David Bowie "Let's Dance" in outback  Australia 😃 I used to have the CD....China Girl and Modern Love were big hits off the Album too....Mmm i might just buy it again...Oh BTW....I put my 100 to 400mm zoom to good use and paid a visit to the Halls Gap Zoo...My wife and sister in law enjoyed the zoo as well, leaving me to get busy with my camera...I managed a good selection of animal and bird shots, and  am at present processing more for upload....Lucky i managed that outing there as the zoo is now closed! just like many other places and businesses now with the restrictions...I might just buy a 500mm tele later in the year-and shoot some more wildlife and other subjects where a long tele is useful ..As for recouping the outlay well i know i will have to use it well to justify having it...and i can always sell it again if i need to....I got lucky recently finding a nice nugget to pay for the lens....

 

Thank you William, I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo. Didn't they have a mini-hippo escapee who got shot from Halls Gap Zoo?

Wildlife photography is quite addictive, it's a pleasant challenge requiring patience. I don't know why, it's the only thing I'm patient at!! Can't explain.

You'll have fun with a 500mm except with air travel but I guess with the current situation, it's not going to happen any time soon. 

Congratulations on your nugget. I, too, have found some, only they're chicken!! Seriously, I visited quite a few opal mining towns recently, fossicking is a seriously hard activity. Well done!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gvallee said:

 

Thank you William, I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo. Didn't they have a mini-hippo escapee who got shot from Halls Gap Zoo?

Wildlife photography is quite addictive, it's a pleasant challenge requiring patience. I don't know why, it's the only thing I'm patient at!! Can't explain.

You'll have fun with a 500mm except with air travel but I guess with the current situation, it's not going to happen any time soon. 

Congratulations on your nugget. I, too, have found some, only they're chicken!! Seriously, I visited quite a few opal mining towns recently, fossicking is a seriously hard activity. Well done!

 

 

Ahh the old chicken nuggets Ha...they may be more rare in some places now...Can't find anything about that Hippo escapee from that zoo...google won't tell me 😀 I'm looking forward to receiving a nice gift $$$ from the government relief package for pensioners....I have already spent some of it in advance on a 1.4 teleconverter 👍

 

Yes travel is out of the question currently, so like the many we have to occupy ourselves....I'm happy that i have a backload of images to process and upload...otherwise i would be climbing the walls.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, William Caram said:

 

Can't find anything about that Hippo escapee from that zoo...google won't tell me

 

The location was almost correct. It happened in 2009, an escapee from the Tipperary Station zoo.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-11-16/nt-man-shoots-pygmy-hippo-by-mistake/1145336

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gvallee said:

 

The location was almost correct. It happened in 2009, an escapee from the Tipperary Station zoo.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-11-16/nt-man-shoots-pygmy-hippo-by-mistake/1145336

 

Yes you were close Genevieve...That's a sad story for the animal to end that way....why prop the dead animal's mouth open with a stick, it looks like a hunters trophy picture..

 

I was looking at some lens reviews for a 500mm and of course there were some great pictures from photographer's trips to Africa using long telephotos to photograph wildlife....Ahh that would be the best experience....keep dreaming Bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, William Caram said:

 

Yes you were close Genevieve...That's a sad story for the animal to end that way....why prop the dead animal's mouth open with a stick, it looks like a hunters trophy picture..

 

I was looking at some lens reviews for a 500mm and of course there were some great pictures from photographer's trips to Africa using long telephotos to photograph wildlife....Ahh that would be the best experience....keep dreaming Bill.

 

Dreaming is healthy. You can have tremendous fun and success in Australia as well. Lots of wildlife out here, from birds to mammals, macropods, reptiles. Drop bears as well 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Examination papers - print and electronic ;  Print run: up to 10,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-April-2020 ; End: 01-April-2025

 

geraint-thomas-of-team-sky-with-happy-supporters-in-the-crowd-after-the-ovo-energy-tour-of-britain-cycle-race-stage-8-london-uk-fans-people-PJXRK9.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magazine, Any editorial digital use. One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

 

the-long-shadows-of-strangers-as-they-wa

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2020 at 07:33, Stan Pritchard said:

The Langdale Pikes in Winter. Great Langdale. Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

the-langdale-pikes-in-winter-great-langdale-lake-district-national-B8JMJB.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 29 March 2020
End: 29 March 2025

 

 

Damn, this is beautiful. I've been following Pete Savin's virtual journey from Ravenglass to Vindolanda along Roman tracks and which he's been tweeting (with beautiful pictures) during the lockdown. All this makes me yearn to get back up there. Thanks for reminding me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

 

 

Damn, this is beautiful. I've been following Pete Savin's virtual journey from Ravenglass to Vindolanda along Roman tracks and which he's been tweeting (with beautiful pictures) during the lockdown. All this makes me yearn to get back up there. Thanks for reminding me!

 

Thanks for the comment Richard, yes it is fantastic countryside. I live only 15 miles from Langdale but of course it's forbidden territory at this time. We must look forward to an end to this dreadful position we are all in at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.