Legit sale not recognized by Alamy...finally appeared as distro sale

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

No show here so far, but it's extremely early days if it's a distributor sale.

But I'll buy you a beer too. Where in Spain are you based?

wim

I live in Marina Alta area (Alicante), but I'm from northern Spain, from Oviedo, just where the coctel of spacecadet was served ;)

Wiskerke, I have many dutch neighbours around here. Nice people all of them. Sure I would take that beer, or a local mistela.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

All the best.

Poor fees of course but I like the images and haven't had much action from Oviedo yet, so nice to see a couple. Just not as nice as that cocktail.

J8R6TE.jpg

Hope next time you can pay at least the coctel 🙄

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Not for what's left of a distro fee, not even in Spain. Unless you get it from the supermarket.

Yes, depressing and demoralizing prices, not even enough to pay the cheapest alcohol to forget them :(

44 minutes ago, shearwater said:

I live in Marina Alta area (Alicante), but I'm from northern Spain, from Oviedo, just where the coctel of spacecadet was served ;)

Wiskerke, I have many dutch neighbours around here. Nice people all of them. Sure I would take that beer, or a local mistela.

Ah mistela is probably a better antidote to corona than beer 😁.

It's been a while since I was in that region. My parents used to live in Benidorm in winter. We usually visit Madrid and/or Malaga nowadays.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Ah mistela is probably a better antidote to corona than beer 😁.

It's been a while since I was in that region. My parents used to live in Benidorm in winter. We usually visit Madrid and/or Malaga nowadays.

wim

Actually, I prefer Red wine than mistela...too sweet for me. But, it should be fine to kill corona ;)

Yes, this is one of the most demanded area for european expats.

18 hours ago, shearwater said:

I'm from northern Spain, from Oviedo, just where the coctel of spacecadet was served

Salud. That was at Urban near the cathedral.

I was there with a group of Freemasons and their partners- our Worshipful Master that year has a Spanish mother. We stayed at the Reconquista and had our banquet in the chapel- probably the only time we will ever dine in a palace- and had a wonderful time, but I prefer to pour my sidra from just above the glass.  It's much greener than the rest of Spain. We took a day trip to Gijón as well. Hope to go back someday.

Besides cocktails, this is my sort of thing.

J74563.jpgJ7455T.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Salud. That was at Urban near the cathedral.

I was there with a group of Freemasons and their partners- our Worshipful Master that year has a Spanish mother. We stayed at the Reconquista and had our banquet in the chapel- probably the only time we will ever dine in a palace- and had a wonderful time, but I prefer to pour my sidra from just above the glass.  It's much greener than the rest of Spain. We took a day trip to Gijón as well. Hope to go back someday.

Besides cocktails, this is my sort of thing.

J74563.jpgJ7455T.jpg

Reconquista is a very nice place to stay in Oviedo. And Santa María del Naranco a beatiful palace to visit. Gijón is fine too, but you missed lots of beautiful places: small fishing villages, like Cudillero...great forests like Muniellos...spectacular mountains in Picos de Europa. You sure have to come back! ;)

Yes, northern Spain is very different to the rest of the Iberian Peninsula. Much greener, thanks to the Cordillera Cantábrica mountain range, similar to Ireland and Brittany. Even our character is different...being that our blood and culture is celtic too! :) 

We don't enjoy bullfighting or eat paella. We prefer fabada (a rich beans stew), good meat, fresh fish and seafood. We have milk cows and great cheeses.

I come back twice a year to visit family and enjoy holidays.

Good luck with your images of Oviedo!

Regards

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shearwater said:

Reconquista is a very nice place to stay in Oviedo. And Santa María del Naranco a beatiful palace to visit. Gijón is fine too, but you missed lots of beautiful places: small fishing villages, like Cudillero...great forests like Muniellos...spectacular mountains in Picos de Europa. You sure have to come back! ;)

Yes, northern Spain is very different to the rest of the Iberian Peninsula. Much greener, thanks to the Cordillera Cantábrica mountain range, similar to Ireland and Brittany. Even our character is different...being that our blood and culture is celtic too! :) 

We don't enjoy bullfighting or eat paella. We prefer fabada (a rich beans stew), good meat, fresh fish and seafood. We have milk cows and great cheeses.

I come back twice a year to visit family and enjoy holidays.

Good luck with your images of Oviedo!

Regards

agreed lovely area, walked through Oviedo connecting the Camino Norte into the Primitivo.   next time will walk San Salvador into Oviedo...

Well done! Camino Norte de Santiago is a much different camino than the Primitivo!

Although I have to admit that I haven't done it yet, even being a "local". No pardon on me...  😳

Edited by shearwater
mispelling
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, shearwater said:

Well done! Camino Norte de Santiago is a much different camino than the Primitivo!

Although I have to admit that I haven't done it yet, even being a "local". Not pardon on me...  😳

yeah the Primitivo is probably the nicest walking of the caminos in Northern Spain.    loved it