I've fallen off the cliff!

1 hour ago, KFisher said:

Having a good month on a few of the other sites but I'm dead over here. Two small sales and one teeny tiny .15 cent sale today. I didn't even know that was possible.

Did you have a .15 cent sale on Alamy? I didn't think this was possible with them either. Is it actually possible, then? If so, I would have to sell 700 pictures at that price just to repay the vintage Minolta lens I've bought on Ebay for 100 bucks yesterday...

Edited by riccarbi

5 minutes ago, riccarbi said:

Did you have a .15 cent sale on Alamy? I didn't think this was possible with them either. Is it actually possible, then?

Yep... Started off at .50 cents, minus the .35 deduction - a big .15 cents to me. 

Alamy-paid.jpg

Absolutely diabolical month. Not a sausage. It just gets worse here, sales lower than micro stock. Sadly now going through a lot of exclusive images here to sell elsewhere as no point in putting all the eggs in one basket if the basket is broken.

Edited by Marb
  • Love 1

On 21/02/2020 at 18:54, KFisher said:

Yep... Started off at .50 cents, minus the .35 deduction - a big .15 cents to me. 

Alamy-paid.jpg

To be clear and avoid confusion - this sale was via a Korean distributor for a very limited use - internal use only for Data AI algorithm training. Images taken from the novel use pool only.

Alamy 

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alamy said:

To be clear and avoid confusion - this sale was via a Korean distributor for a very limited use - internal use only for Data AI algorithm training. Images taken from the novel use pool only.

Alamy 

curious was the information given with the Sale?  this would avoid speculation is known upfront

18 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

curious was the information given with the Sale?  this would avoid speculation is known upfront

Novel Use specification wasn't listed, but the sales details were presented in this way:

image.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alamy said:

Alamy 

I still don't understand why Novel use has to undercut microstock prices.

5 hours ago, Alamy said:

Alamy 

Interesting. I imagine the customer bought 1,000s of images if they were dong AI training, so they may have been in a good position to negotiate. However, what may be crucial for AI training is accurate keywords, or they risk ending up with some strange results :unsure:

Mark

4 minutes ago, BobD said:

There is no point being in the NU scheme then complaining about the prices.

correct, and this is why i asked if it was indicated in the Sales term, as per above it actually wasn't made clear since this was a RF sales, so i would understand the photographer asking. 

this was worse case, NU and distributor.  

18 hours ago, Alamy said:

Novel Use specification wasn't listed, but the sales details were presented in this way:

image.png

As a general point of feedback, it would be handy if the sales details detailed the fees applied (e.g. novel use sale, distributor sale, customer used a special voucher, etc) so that we're not left scratching out heads as to why our portion of the sale is not 40/50% of the sale price.

• Love 1