Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hang your self on a coat hook at night Allan. Does wonders for stretching out the ole spine. It’ll also make that bed feel extra good when it comes. 😉  

Then start sorting, see if there are things you never use that you can sell and make a bit of money.
Those momentos you never look at and any of your family would toss? You toss. I’ve done some of that. Things like the ticket stubs to the Oklahoma football games that meant so much to me...it’s the memory of the games, not the stub I want. I never missed them once I tossed them.

Decide what you really use and get rid of the rest. If I can ever have the garage sale I’m planning on having, you’d be shocked at what I’ll get rid of. I was planning it for last month, but....
So happy you are moved, don’t envy you the unpacking. Pace yourself and think about the suggested air bed (other thread) to get you by.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Thanks Kumar. Trouble is it will be another 5 weeks before my bed is delivered.

 

Allan

 

 

At least no one will be able to accuse you of lying down on the job. 😉

 

I have no idea where Lincolnshire is, but I'm happy to hear that the move went well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Thanks Kumar. Trouble is it will be another 5 weeks before my bed is delivered.

 

Allan

 

 

Blimey -  you'll be tired by then!!!

 

Well done on the move! All good things come to those that wait!

 

I've never been to Lincoln, it's on my list of places to visit once lockdown is finally relaxed.

 

John.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Yes. Now I am doing the unpacking and not enough room to put it all.

 

Allan

 

Should have done what my OH did last time.

Bought a bigger house.

Snag is, we still live in it and 30 years later we have 60% fewer people and still about 90% of the stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you managed to finally move Allan I bet it was a massive relief for you.  I look forward to seeing some lovely seal images from Donna Nook later in the year...Lots of luck and happiness in your new home.

 

Carol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stokie said:

 

Blimey -  you'll be tired by then!!!

 

Well done on the move! All good things come to those that wait!

 

I've never been to Lincoln, it's on my list of places to visit once lockdown is finally relaxed.

 

John.

Lincoln is hugely worth the visit John! (and you might get a bed for the night from Allan!!)

 

Kumar

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc said:

Lincoln is hugely worth the visit John! (and you might get a bed for the night from Allan!!)

 

Kumar

 

There is a spare bedroom for visitors. When the beds arrive.🤪

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Hang your self on a coat hook at night Allan. Does wonders for stretching out the ole spine. It’ll also make that bed feel extra good when it comes. 😉  

Then start sorting, see if there are things you never use that you can sell and make a bit of money.
Those momentos you never look at and any of your family would toss? You toss. I’ve done some of that. Things like the ticket stubs to the Oklahoma football games that meant so much to me...it’s the memory of the games, not the stub I want. I never missed them once I tossed them.

Decide what you really use and get rid of the rest. If I can ever have the garage sale I’m planning on having, you’d be shocked at what I’ll get rid of. I was planning it for last month, but....
So happy you are moved, don’t envy you the unpacking. Pace yourself and think about the suggested air bed (other thread) to get you by.

Betty

 

I think I would prefer my camp bed and sleeping bag. People have been known to drape themselves over a washing line and go to sleep.

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

At least no one will be able to accuse you of lying down on the job. 😉

 

I have no idea where Lincolnshire is, but I'm happy to hear that the move went well.

 

7 hours ago, Stokie said:

 

Blimey -  you'll be tired by then!!!

 

Well done on the move! All good things come to those that wait!

 

I've never been to Lincoln, it's on my list of places to visit once lockdown is finally relaxed.

 

John.

 

3 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Glad you managed to finally move Allan I bet it was a massive relief for you.  I look forward to seeing some lovely seal images from Donna Nook later in the year...Lots of luck and happiness in your new home.

 

Carol

 

1 hour ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Well done Allan.

 

Thank you one and all. Aren't you all a nice friendly bunch.

 

I am already surrounded by nice friendly neighbours too. There's John & Angela, Richard & Ann, Tom & Jill, Ian & ????(Darn forgot the ladies name) and Jim & Toni.

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2020 at 18:01, Allan Bell said:

Another sale come in for me in the mid $$. Things seem to be looking up for me just now.

 

BTW I am writing this post from my new home in Lincoln, well not quite in Lincoln but from a village on the outskirts. I am only 5 miles from the centre of Lincoln.

 

Now the work really starts to try to get things sorted and settle in. Jesh! I did not realise how much stuff I have and it is mostly in boxes. Sorry I digress.

 

Allan

 

 

When I first started a proper job it was based in Lincoln and, along with a colleague, I rented a bungalow in Torksey Lock.  Later I stayed with my wife a bit closer to the city centre. We enjoyed our time there but the city has changed dramatically since then, at that time it was like being in a time warp, it felt like it was 10 years behind the remainder of the UK -  but none the worse for that.  A lovely place to live.

 

We re-visited a couple of years ago and were most impressed with the transformation, the area around the waterside is stunning, while the old town is just as attractive as ever .  Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc said:

Lincoln is hugely worth the visit John! (and you might get a bed for the night from Allan!!)

 

Kumar

 

OK then, I'll add it to my bucket list. Don't they sleep standing-up in Lincoln? 🌛

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doc said:

Lincoln is hugely worth the visit John! (and you might get a bed for the night from Allan!!)

 

Kumar

 

I think I might leave it for a few weeks yet! (especially as Alan hasn't got any beds!!)

 

John.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

 

OK then, I'll add it to my bucket list. Don't they sleep standing-up in Lincoln? 🌛

 

They do now!

 

John.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2020 at 18:18, Bryan said:

 

When I first started a proper job it was based in Lincoln and, along with a colleague, I rented a bungalow in Torksey Lock.  Later I stayed with my wife a bit closer to the city centre. We enjoyed our time there but the city has changed dramatically since then, at that time it was like being in a time warp, it felt like it was 10 years behind the remainder of the UK -  but none the worse for that.  A lovely place to live.

 

We re-visited a couple of years ago and were most impressed with the transformation, the area around the waterside is stunning, while the old town is just as attractive as ever .  Enjoy!

 

From what I remember of Lincoln going back to the early seventies I have seen a lot of changes particularly around the Brayford Pool area with all the new and refurbished buildings. The university on one side and recreational facilities (restaurants, cinemas, etc) on the other. Still love the old parts too but there is a lot of building/ renovation work still going on around the Cathedral so it is covered in scaffolding at times. I can wait till it clears though. Although there might be some kudos in images of the works and scaffolding.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the move and welcome to Lincolnshire :) From what I’ve read it sounds like we’re practically neighbours so hello from almost Grantham / Sleaford 👋

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nary a sale since the 15th, so May is starting to feel a bit like falling off a cliff ---

                                                                                                                                                 ---

                                                                                                                                                     ---

                                                                                                                                                         --- 😲

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did worry that the virus would kill this business but things are still ticking over. Views and CTR right down from a high of a few months ago, but, when I check, my CTR is about the same it was last May. Uploading far fewer photos as we are not travelling, a few shots stuck in QC over the bank holiday weekend, and  just seeing a continuation of the  gradual decline that has been going on for some years. Gross oversupply, decline in printed media etc etc.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 06:02, Bionic said:

Congrats on the move and welcome to Lincolnshire :) From what I’ve read it sounds like we’re practically neighbours so hello from almost Grantham / Sleaford 👋

Oh, I was born in Grantham - well at the hospital, but lived in Barkston. But been living in Australia for over 60 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased to see we had a sale yesterday.....until I realised it was an April sale that had been refunded and resold for slightly less. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cbimages said:

Oh, I was born in Grantham - well at the hospital, but lived in Barkston. But been living in Australia for over 60 years.

That’s a coincidence. We’ve got friends that live in Barkston and my wife used to run the toddler group there a while back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Lincolnshire has a lot to offer; Louth is a charming town, even a little hilly around there, terrific beaches, a fast train service to London if you want, and it's relatively inexpensive! The city of Lincoln is impressive if cities are your thing. The fens are a little bleak in winter perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

Yes, Lincolnshire has a lot to offer; Louth is a charming town, even a little hilly around there, terrific beaches, a fast train service to London if you want, and it's relatively inexpensive! The city of Lincoln is impressive if cities are your thing. The fens are a little bleak in winter perhaps.

Eh? Louth hasn't had a railway station since about 1970.

Are you trying to get people to leave Suffolk so it's a bit quieter?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I take your word for lack of trains from Louth, I wasn't thinking of a train service from there specifically. I just like the town. I'm happy to share Suffolk though Southwold (no trains!) is somewhat over-run with second-homers. Ipswich (lots of trains!) now has some pretty rough bits and county lines problems, but the docklands have come up in the scheme of things. Bouncers on most of the central pubs which tells you something.

Edited by Robert M Estall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Grantham resident here. Settled after leaving the Army 25 years ago. We do have fast trains to that there London, and North as well. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.