Anyone recommend a suitable bridge camera?

David, when you say "full coupling," do you mean that you can autofocus with the 18-55mm lens?

Over here the AF/exposure coupled ones are about £50  a set. Uncoupled, about £7.

Thanks, so I assume that the image stabilization built into the 18-55 lens works with the extension tubes as well. Lack of IS is a major drawback with the Sony 30mm macro lens and the main reason I probably wouldn't buy one.

David, when you say "full coupling," do you mean that you can autofocus with the 18-55mm lens?

Over here the AF/exposure coupled ones are about £50  a set. Uncoupled, about £7.

Thanks, so I assume that the image stabilization built into the 18-55 lens works with the extension tubes as well. Lack of IS is a major drawback with the Sony 30mm macro lens and the main reason I probably wouldn't buy one.

Hi John,

Just to add one comment about the 30 mm macro. I dont miss the IS on that lens since i use macro lenses only with a tripod. Doing a good macro without tripod is almost impossible and IS i always put off on other lenses as soon i put the on tripods. So i think in my case IS on the macro for macro is useless. It is different of course when you need to use it for other subjects. Thats why i say in my case.

Mirco

Hi John,

Just to add one comment about the 30 mm macro. I dont miss the IS on that lens since i use macro lenses only with a tripod. Doing a good macro without tripod is almost impossible and IS i always put off on other lenses as soon i put the on tripods. So i think in my case IS on the macro for macro is useless. It is different of course when you need to use it for other subjects. Thats why i say in my case.

Mirco

True, it's best to use a tripod for macro photography. Still, it's odd that Sony didn't add IS to this lens. Guess they wanted to keep the price down.

Archived