Jump to content
Clare Gainey

Have you found any Alamy photographs in February 2020

Recommended Posts

USA, The New York Times newspaper, Feb 16th 2020 edition

 

Book Review section

 

Pg. 19, The Castle of Simiane la Rotonde, Provence, France.  Jurate Buiviene (credit to Alamy only)

 

Castle of Simiane la Rotonde, Provence, France Stock Photo

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardian online....

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/15/the-milkman-gets-an-eco-makover-as-refill-service-knocks-on-door

Milkman deliveries are back in fashion, with Milk & More reporting 70,000 new customers last year. Photograph: Gary Roebuck / Alamy/Alamy

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/14/its-time-we-got-real-about-levelling-up

A man begs for money on the street in Glasgow. Photograph: Findlay/Alamy Stock Photo

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2020 at 07:29, Clare Gainey said:

Guardian Online
15.02.20

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/feb/15/seven-best-ridge-walks-in-britain
BR9693  Stewart Smith  Walker on Pillar in the English Lake District, with Yewbarrow and the Mosedale Valley in the background
BT3596  Nigel Wilkins Kirk Fell & Mosedale, Great Gable behind
F2FDN8 Rebecca Cole  People scrambling up Sharp Edge
C81NPR  James Osmond Tryfan and the Ogwen Valley from Glyder Fach.
G8F9NE  Pearl Bucknall  Hikers scrambling on steep rocky pinnacles of Aonach Eagach ridge. Glencoe

 

Many thanks Clare. That was zoomed very recently.

 

Pearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Simon - another outing for Dennis below
Steve


16/02/2020, Observer, p2, Dennis the pug in Mousehole, 2AYFG05, Simon Maycock [Alamy credit only. Via Live News]
16/02/2020, Observer, p11, Manchester University, E4G6E4, Campus Shots [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p21, Dawlish, KMEMC2, John Lunt [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer, p25, St James' church at Shipton in Shropshire, E06PJ5, John Hayward [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p33, Alfoxton House, ENH1M3, Tim Wright [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p33, painting of William Wordsworth, AJEF83, John Hammond/The National Trust Photolibrary [Circular crop. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p56, doctor searching patients' files, B5XKH2, RayArt Graphics [Cropped to portrait. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p60, Royal Courts of Justice, E8YWDC, M.Sobreira
16/02/2020, Observer, p60, soft drinks in supermarket, EH2FNH, Johnny Greig [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer, p68, Quay Street in Galway City, E7K1CP, Ian Dagnall
16/02/2020, Observer, p68, Menlo Castle, PJRH25, Lisandro Trarbach [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer, p68, Charlie Byrne's Bookshop in Galway, KYYJYM, incamerastock [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer [Food section], Front Cover, lobster claw, AJ04ED, D. Hurst [Rot 180 deg. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p35, Anya Hindmarch 'I'm NOT A Plastic Bag', A8465J, Coaster [Cutout. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p45, Jerusalem artichoke flower, W46F5D, Nadezhda Nesterova [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p46, brown bear with salmon, M1Y2E3, Ray Bulson or C2TKBG, Ray Bulson/Design Pics Inc [Identical. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p47, Rudyerd Bay in Alaska, KTXBJH, robertharding [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p47, Red Dog Saloon in Juneau, A2G9MC, Walter Bibikow/Danita Delimont [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p47, floatplane at Anan Creek in Alaska, HNADDB, Julio Carmelo Fuentes [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p49, Sitka black-tail deer in Alaska, BA4081, Mark Kelley/Design Pics Inc [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p49, Beaver Lake Trail near Sitka in Alaska, FAMFJ9, Jeffrey Wickett - RF [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p58, pancakes, EPJ37R, Thomas Francois/Zoonar GmbH [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Review section], p15, Moroccan teenagers in Essaouira, C7NY21, Manor Photography [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Review section], p19, Jeremy Hardy, GAX4K8, Mark Kerrison

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 10 startup screen - image  ERB890 - Photographer:  rudi1976                                       

 

Ghent. Image of Ghent, Belgium during twilight blue hour. Stock Photo

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

AFE67G Kumar Sriskandan Tourists walk past a stone monument, Largo da Oliveira square, old town, Guimaraes, North Portugal

 

Many thanks for the spot Abiyoyo.

 

Is that a website or in print?

 

KR

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*You’re welcome  Pearl

 

Guardian Online
16.02.20

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/feb/16/travel-holiday-alaska-north-american-usa-bear-wildlife
BA4081  Design Pics Inc/Mark Kelley  Sitka black-tail deer in Mendenhall wetlands Tongass National Forest
E7YPM2  John Sullivan  A Northern Sea Otter (Enhydra lutris kenyonii) floating in a kelp bed in the Inian Islands
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/feb/16/horse-marathons-roman-running-11-great-uk-adventures
A5JFTW  Wig Worland  Mountain Bikers, The Ridgeway, Wiltshire
JDGFM3   Sally Anderson wildlife  Group of Atlantic puffins, Fratercula arctica, on cliff top with puffin hovering in air, Isle of May
E83DTN   Rebecca Cole  The Stretcher rock climb route at Stanage Edge
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/feb/16/james-wong-gardens-grow-jerusalem-artichoke-flower-vegetable
W46F5D  Nadezhda Nesterova  Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus) flower isolated on white background

 

17.02.20
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/17/country-diary-its-time-its-time-calls-the-skylark-a-signal-spring-is-here
BEHY2K Arterra Picture Library/Pattyn Wouter Eurasian Skylark (Alauda arvensis) singing from fence pole
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/17/country-diary-jackdaw-hullabaloo-on-the-fell-1945
T9K0X8 Mick Durham FRPS  Jackdaws, Hortobágy National Park, Hungary
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/17/shipping-pollution-regulations-could-harm-food-chain
CPYRAY  2ebill  Kirkwall Harbour, Orkney Islands with Caribbean Princess anchored off shore
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/feb/17/walking-the-marilyns-hills-of-the-south-downs
HG538M  Jon Sparks  Walkers on Arnside Knott
K2KDCE. Gary Clarke Sunrise in summer on Cringle Moor
F1WGRX  Paul Weston  The heather clad Long Mynd, Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guardian

The Caribbean Princess cruise ship anchored outside Kirkwall Harbour, Orkney Islands. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo 2ebill CPYRAY cropped

An open day for prospective students at Newcastle University. The poll of 1,500 recent higher education applicants found fewer than two-thirds said the current system works well. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo too many

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SShep said:

Cheers Simon - another outing for Dennis below
Steve


16/02/2020, Observer, p2, Dennis the pug in Mousehole, 2AYFG05, Simon Maycock [Alamy credit only. Via Live News]
16/02/2020, Observer, p11, Manchester University, E4G6E4, Campus Shots [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p21, Dawlish, KMEMC2, John Lunt [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer, p25, St James' church at Shipton in Shropshire, E06PJ5, John Hayward [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p33, Alfoxton House, ENH1M3, Tim Wright [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p33, painting of William Wordsworth, AJEF83, John Hammond/The National Trust Photolibrary [Circular crop. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p56, doctor searching patients' files, B5XKH2, RayArt Graphics [Cropped to portrait. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer, p60, Royal Courts of Justice, E8YWDC, M.Sobreira
16/02/2020, Observer, p60, soft drinks in supermarket, EH2FNH, Johnny Greig [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer, p68, Quay Street in Galway City, E7K1CP, Ian Dagnall
16/02/2020, Observer, p68, Menlo Castle, PJRH25, Lisandro Trarbach [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer, p68, Charlie Byrne's Bookshop in Galway, KYYJYM, incamerastock [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
16/02/2020, Observer [Food section], Front Cover, lobster claw, AJ04ED, D. Hurst [Rot 180 deg. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p35, Anya Hindmarch 'I'm NOT A Plastic Bag', A8465J, Coaster [Cutout. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p45, Jerusalem artichoke flower, W46F5D, Nadezhda Nesterova [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p46, brown bear with salmon, M1Y2E3, Ray Bulson or C2TKBG, Ray Bulson/Design Pics Inc [Identical. Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p47, Rudyerd Bay in Alaska, KTXBJH, robertharding [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p47, Red Dog Saloon in Juneau, A2G9MC, Walter Bibikow/Danita Delimont [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p47, floatplane at Anan Creek in Alaska, HNADDB, Julio Carmelo Fuentes [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p49, Sitka black-tail deer in Alaska, BA4081, Mark Kelley/Design Pics Inc [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p49, Beaver Lake Trail near Sitka in Alaska, FAMFJ9, Jeffrey Wickett - RF [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Magazine], p58, pancakes, EPJ37R, Thomas Francois/Zoonar GmbH [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Review section], p15, Moroccan teenagers in Essaouira, C7NY21, Manor Photography [Alamy credit only]
16/02/2020, Observer [Review section], p19, Jeremy Hardy, GAX4K8, Mark Kerrison

 

 

Thanks Steve - so that was in print ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Hi Simon - yes, print edition that time
Steve

 


17/02/2020, Guardian, p32, Whitelee windfarm, KYH792, Urbanmyth

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardian Online   17/02/2020
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/17/national-scandal-nhs-local-authorities-vulnerable-people
Islandstock     Silhouette of man looking through steel bars with sea in background. Depression, mental health, asylum seeker, immigration... concept image. - Image ID: K25M9G
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/feb/17/bradford-puts-money-on-libraries-to-boost-city-health-wellbeing
Mick Flynn     Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, the new City Library in Centenary Square, Impressions gallery - Image ID: DRHPTD

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clare Gainey said:

 

 

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/feb/16/horse-marathons-roman-running-11-great-uk-adventures

JDGFM3   Sally Anderson wildlife  Group of Atlantic puffins, Fratercula arctica, on cliff top with puffin hovering in air, Isle of May
Thanks for that spot. The Observer used it a while ago; hopefully it’s a new sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doc said:

Many thanks for the spot Abiyoyo.

 

Is that a website or in print?

 

KR

 

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

 

Print for sure, I saw it from my pdf subscription. 

 

Jorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardian Online   17/02/2020
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/17/irish-sea-bridge-boris-johnson-folly
Vincent Lowe     Coast path above Portpatrick, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, UK - Image ID: HXHGRW


https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/feb/17/outdoor-challenges-long-walks-adventures-europe-readers-travel-tips
Alex Treadway     Hiking in the Scottish Highlands in Torridon along The Cape Wrath Trail. - Image ID: MYG88A
Radius Images   People Climbing Brigata Tridentina Via Ferrata, Sella Massif, Dolomites, Italy - Image ID: BFT30J
Witold Skrypczak    Grabovica Lake in Neretva River Canyon, Cvrsnica massif, Dinaric Alps, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Image ID: H8HPH0
Martin Bond      Cyclists on a cycle route in a residential area of Houten, a Dutch new town, near Utrecht, The Netherlands. - Image ID: DGGAJ3
Gerry Neely      Climbers on the summit of Sgurr nan Gillean, Cuillin, Isle of Skye, Scotland, UK - Image ID: F184WD

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Guardian Online   17/02/2020
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/17/national-scandal-nhs-local-authorities-vulnerable-people
Islandstock     Silhouette of man looking through steel bars with sea in background. Depression, mental health, asylum seeker, immigration... concept image. - Image ID: K25M9G
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/feb/17/bradford-puts-money-on-libraries-to-boost-city-health-wellbeing
Mick Flynn     Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, the new City Library in Centenary Square, Impressions gallery - Image ID: DRHPTD

 

 

Thanks for the spot Nigel,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.