DJI Mavic Pro 2 with a 1” CMOS equipped Hassilblad

I am thinking of entering the aerial photography game for stills photography.  I see the DJI Mavic  Pro 2 as an entry level machine. I know it only has a 1" CMOS sensor, which falls below Alamy's recommended minimum sensor size (which they see as 4/3rds). Does anyone have any experience with this drone? Have you used this drone to capture images which have passed Alamy QC? As this is the main use I want for my aerial images, so if the quality is not good enough for Alamy, I would have to think again. Upsizing to a professional level drone, from the DJI Mavic 2   is  quite an expensive and frankly confusing business.  

There isn't a minimum sensor size and many people shoot with the RX series of cameras which pass QC ok.
Be aware, you can't sell images if you obtained them whilst not having a (very expensive) CAA licence in the UK, and restrictions on flying can be mind boggling here and in some other countries.

Yes, I was considering doing a course to get my CAA licence,  but I probably need to have my own  drone before I book up. Since it also involves flight training. I think the  RX  sensors are similar to the one on the DJI Mavic Pro 2? 

2 hours ago, mickfly said:

Be aware, you can't sell images if you obtained them whilst not having a (very expensive) CAA licence in the UK, and restrictions on flying can be mind boggling here and in some other countries.

And that's what puts me off.. I'd love to have and use a drone but (in the UK at least), it just doesn't seem worth it!

A few years ago I decided it wasn't worth it. Lately the aircraft got better, the price went down, and I really wanted to try a flying camera regardless of the returns. I also learned that here in the US there is a concerted effort by the FAA to integrate sUAV(drones) into the National Airspace (this is good). Got my certificate last Spring and fly a M2P. The camera is good enough for Alamy (same as RX100?), but not like my 6D. BTW, drone manufacturer DJI bought Hasselblad, hence the name on the camera. Maybe Hasselblad engineers worked on it, but it's nothing special. Expect files just like from Sony RX100 (altho my M2P has stronger vignetting).  

There is a very active Mavic forum (mavicpilots) with many members from the UK (+worldwide). I read lots before taking the test, and I now spend many more hours reading than flying. Despite the difficulties (not many in US), there is nothing like it. I love being part of the world of aviation, even in a small way.  

Edited by KevinS

I was going to get licenced, but I live in restricted airspace (DJI won't take off) in summer, and in winter when i'm in Spain the fines and restrictions are VERY off putting, even with a licence, ie no flying over beaches, no flying at night etc etc, with very big fines.

1 hour ago, mickfly said:

I was going to get licenced, but I live in restricted airspace (DJI won't take off) in summer, and in winter when i'm in Spain the fines and restrictions are VERY off putting, even with a licence, ie no flying over beaches, no flying at night etc etc, with very big fines.

I've run into this (DJI blocking take-off), but now that I understand more about airspace, I'm willing to learn how to 'unlock' the aircraft for those locations. It's another hassle to learn to do this just to fly in unrestricted airspace, but that's the current state of things. I wouldn't mind if the FAA (US Gov't) was doing the blocking, but it's a Chinese company telling me I can't take off. There are other companies now making drones that I'll be looking at.

Edited by KevinS