Those Semi-similars?

Ed Rooney

Question

Normally, I upload just one or two similar frames on a subject. As a rule, it's no more than three. Newbies too often make the mistake of sending many frames to Alamy because they find it hard to edit, to select the best. 

But what about revisiting a subject? When the light or the surroundings are different? Do you do that?

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney

8 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

curious,  is refresh based on date of upload or date taken?

Dates or time periods were not given. But I would say, and this is my personal point of view, date taken. Assuming that images are uploaded soon after date taken of course.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

I know that I should make an extra effort to revisit old local locations. The danger is you have a mental list which says 'done' when it can be done better.

It hurts when I come across somebody in the image found thread who has 'got one of mine' - but then when I look I can see why. My old ones are not as good as they should be. I've gone off further afield and others have come into my patch ( John Morrison in Woodbridge for one!) and 'nicked my sales' through daring to have better pictures! 😁

More 'shoot local' for me in 2020 and more revisiting of places that somehow or another with time passing by I might not have photographed for over ten years. 

When I lived in Hampstead and Oak Village (NW London) for 15 years I did keep shooting the same patches but it was always changing a bit and I became so close to the subject that I could notice the changes. There were always things I had not yet covered. I think I took almost a perverse pleasure in finding subjects I could walk to. I even went so far as to shoot things happening within range of my windows. By the time I was packing my bags to move out to Suffolk, Hampstead village had changed a whole lot. Unfortunately my current village isn't changing a lot, I suppose I could shoot the new eyesores being built but that just raises my blood pressure. The village is very picturesque but not as popular with picture buyers as near-by Lavenham or Kersey. I did bag a cover for Country Life of Kersey a few years ago and a spooky misty shot in our village churchyard which was generic. Must have sold one or two from Lavenham but thats about it.  Suffolk is not popular with trippers which is just fine. But I would have thought Liverpool more rewarding in terms of re-shooting and once the spring has come and a bus pass extends your range a bit, you may find more things to shoot

Edited by Robert M Estall