Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Do you carry a handgun with that outfit, Michael? 

I gave up wearing sunglasses a long time ago; I can't judge subtle colours with them on. However, I do wear eyeglasses. If I walk around with the glasses, as well as the mask, the glasses get clouded up and I can't see. 

Understand that I avoid giving medical advice in my blog (any advise on anything); I report on what I see. I do not regurgitate opinions from the Internet. For myself, I always do the best I can to keep me and others safe. 

The only gun I have ever held in my life is a flashgun Edo . I did wear the full outfit into a post office recently when posting a parcel. It was useful in fact as I had told the guy behind the counter where to stuff his forms some years ago when he was rude to me (he was renowned for this). I had not been back there in years which was a bit inconvenient as whenever I wanted to post something I would have to drive a few miles away. He didn't bat an eyelid.  Next time I will try without the shades and gradually build up to a full reveal. 😎

Edited by MDM
  • Upvote 2

I'm reminded of Claude Rains in The Invisible Man.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm reminded of Claude Rains in The Invisible Man.

Watch out Edo. He might be just behind you. 🤣

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

If I walk around with the glasses, as well as the mask, the glasses get clouded up and I can't see. 

I have had only varying degrees of success not clouding my glasses when wearing a mask. Recently I've trialled taking my glasses off and readjusting the diopter adjustment, it worked well when in Somerset yesterday. Shame it wasn't a digital adjustment that could be stored in memories.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

If I walk around with the glasses, as well as the mask, the glasses get clouded up and I can't see. 

Ed

I don't know what type of mask you're wearing but the ones I use have a pliable strip at the top which enables the wearer to pinch the mask against the nose and thus prevents fogging. Your warm breath will not rise through and cloud the glasses. I too wear glasses and never have a problem

Edited by ReeRay

Hmm, I don't know that I've seen any of those, ReeRay. I've got a box of the common paper masks from Hong Kong. 

This is the stuff I carry around. Everyday, I try to do the best I can about the virus and all my issues. That will have to be enough. 

2C7HMYE.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hmm, I don't know that I've seen any of those, ReeRay. I've got a box of the common paper masks from Hong Kong. 

This is the stuff I carry around. Everyday, I try to do the best I can about the virus and all my issues. That will have to be enough. 

2C7HMYE.jpg

Ed

See if the broader white strip (bottom here) is pliable.

That looks more that sufficient Edo, I hate wearing the masks as I can't see my feet easily I'm not sure why this bothers me but it does😄 I keep masks and sanitiser in my car and my bag and camera bag when I take it out...

Carol

Posted (edited)

Still on the Ned Kelly folded bandana here. Or did he have the tin can? Make that Jesse James then. The law says "face covering". Still pretty unpleasant though- I'm dreading the 45+ minute trip up to town, and an airport- don't even think about it- four plus hours in a mask😮

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

I keep masks and sanitiser in my car and my bag and camera bag when I take it out...

Much the same as you, but also in my 2 waterproofs and other jackets, also in both my shoulder bag and back pack. I never intend to be caught out without the essentials. I'm still using sanitiser I made myself in the early lockdown days when there were shortages.

• Upvote 1

Moved up from the "face covering" neck sleeve to masks when they became common in the shops.

Made my own sanitiser in the begining, still remember the knowing smile from the chemist when I asked for surgical spirit and aloe vera 😉

Still taking the view that I am only as safe as the people around me.

Stay safe kids.

19 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Still on the Ned Kelly folded bandana here. Or did he have the tin can? Make that Jesse James then. The law says "face covering". Still pretty unpleasant though- I'm dreading the 45+ minute trip up to town, and an airport- don't even think about it- four plus hours in a mask😮

"Face covering" is one of those phrases that, Oh I don't know! I mean a mask is a mask, call it a mask! I know it came into use when there was a shortage of masks but what next? Are trousers going to be called knee coverings!

😷😷

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

"Face covering" is one of those phrases that, Oh I don't know! I mean a mask is a mask, call it a mask! I know it came into use when there was a shortage of masks but what next? Are trousers going to be called knee coverings!

😷😷

Trousers can also be used for covering your ass🤪🤣

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Moved up from the "face covering" neck sleeve to masks when they became common in the shops.

Made my own sanitiser in the begining, still remember the knowing smile from the chemist when I asked for surgical spirit and aloe vera 😉

The chemist's name wasn't Vera by any chance?

• Haha 2

The annoying thing is when I went to Sainsburys the other day I parked the car and started walking to the entrance of Sainsburys when I realised I had left my mask in the car - I completely forget I had a few in my bag and went back to the car for the one that was in there 😄  blonde moment !

For us ladies, I guess it saves on wearing lipstick though sometimes I find myself reaching for it before going out, some things are just automatic 😁

Now that the weather is getting bit cooler I will also put bottles of sanitzier in my jacket/coat pockets ......

Carol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

The annoying thing is when I went to Sainsburys the other day I parked the car and started walking to the entrance of Sainsburys when I realised I had left my mask in the car - I completely forget I had a few in my bag and went back to the car for the one that was in there 😄  blonde moment !

For us ladies, I guess it saves on wearing lipstick though sometimes I find myself reaching for it before going out, some things are just automatic 😁

Now that the weather is getting bit cooler I will also put bottles of sanitzier in my jacket/coat pockets ......

Carol

I think you just found a good subject!

Protective medical mask with red lipstick kiss print on white background isolated closeup, nurse lips pattern on disposable respiratory surgical mask - Stock Image
Hmm, ok I'm behind the times again. A couple of people already had the same idea 5 months ago.
Only the just ordinary people doing just ordinary things are missing. At least here on Alamy.

wim

On 31/08/2020 at 13:11, ReeRay said:

Ed

See if the broader white strip (bottom here) is pliable.

I fooled around with a new mask. It seemed that I can make it fit a bit better but did not solve the problem. I have both hay fever (allergy 365 days a year) and cough-variant asthma. Not constantly but they visit me everyday. I see others walking around with a mask in place. It doesn't work for me. But I do stay away from others on the street. In most shops now, staff are behind shields and wearing face shields. 

Thanks for your tip. I see other types of masks for sale now. ???

Ed,

If the mask comes with a flexible nose wire, try to fit.
I wear glasses all the time, I have had no problems.

Information on the product label at the local pharmacy: Daily wear mask, three layers of TNT, Polypropylene. Disposable product - Stock Image

Information on the product label at the local pharmacy: Daily wear mask, three layers of TNT, Polypropylene. Disposable product - Stock Image

Stay safe,

andre

I have four cloth masks, a couple of surgical paper masks (used mostly for running across the street to buy lunch), and just bought two Chinese KN 95 masks in a sealed package of two for around $3 US for more indoor type ventures in the future.   Masks are required in government buildings, banks, and most stores and restaurants in Nicaragua, but don't always get worn properly. 

Saw masked teenagers squirting each other's hands with hand sanitizer in the street today in Jinotega.  Didn't have a camera (cane use kinda makes that difficult, but I am missing some shots).

At Migracion in Managua, one person had a mask and face shield.  I had on a cloth mask and plain clear lenses in my interchangeable lens sunglasses. 

On 02/09/2020 at 15:46, AM Chang said:

Ed,

If the mask comes with a flexible nose wire, try to fit.
I wear glasses all the time, I have had no problems.

Stay safe,

andre

Andre, maybe this is a nose problem rather than a mask problems. Maybe you have a better nose. 

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Andre, maybe this is a nose problem rather than a mask problems. Maybe you have a better nose. 

For sure I don't have a better nose, maybe just a nose suitable for that type of mask.🤣

I have the same masks as Edo and no matter how much I pinch the built in wire around my nose, I still get fogged up glasses and/or the eye piece of the camera.  When it gets colder, I will switch over to the cloth masks I have but I know they won't solve that problem, maybe it will get worse.

My youngest daughter is very athletic and she swears by the new under armour brand sports mask she bought herself. She can breathe in it and it doesn’t fog up her glasses. I’ve ordered one for myself to see if it will be an improvement over what I’ve been using. However, while we don’t have overly large noses, they’re of the Italian variety and neither of us have had problems with our masks slipping off. 😀

• Like 1

deleted

Edited by AM Chang
deleted

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have the same masks as Edo and no matter how much I pinch the built in wire around my nose, I still get fogged up glasses and/or the eye piece of the camera.  When it gets colder, I will switch over to the cloth masks I have but I know they won't solve that problem, maybe it will get worse.

Michael,

When it was colder I had that foggy problem with other type of masks.

In addition to pinch the top of the mask to fit the shape of my nose, I made sure to tight the sides as well for a good fit to avoid the filtering of warm air. My glasses is always over a small part of the top of the mask.

or

I realized that pushing the glasses forward the nose to allow more air to circulate (more space between my eyes and the glasses) and washing my glasses with soap and water, keeping it clean also helps.

andre