Ah so! Thanks a lot, Phil. I'll try to sort this out.

I hope you're okay down there on the islands—stay safe.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yep..all ok now...

We're very lucky here, very little infection...the big problem now is almost zero tourism.

The islands need tourists to keep people in jobs, but also need to take great care not to import covid...

Phil

• Like 1

Edo, did you remember the congressman from Queens, NY, Ben Rosenthal?  He was probably in office during the time your father was.  Anyway, his son and I were good friends in high school and still close friends today.  He raised his family in suburban DC while in office.

I know the name, but he was long after my time. I was living in Rome for most of the '60s. I lived in North West DC in my teens, down the street from the Washington Cathedral. 

• Like 2

My aunt had two old fat dogs that needed to be lifted out of the car to do their business in the grass.

One was called Jet and the other Flash. Their glory days were long gone. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

I'm a 14 year old labradoodle, but don't write me off any time soon. I don't smell like an old dog and am still learning new stuff

I thought one dog year was seven human years.....🤩

23 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hmm. Maybe I'll change my name to Flash.

Don't flash in Liverpool you will get some peculiar responses.

Allan

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Don't flash in Liverpool you will get some peculiar responses.

Allan

That's what I'm counting on, Allan. 🤪

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I didn't attend mass this morning but I think it's Sunday again

https://edostrange.blogspot.com/2020/08/street.html

I love your street images Edo. You're very talented. And I'm here editing my birds... It's aperitif time, so a glass of white wine is helping doing so.

Love good street photography.  They are time capsules of life.  In one click of the shutter, a record of time has been recorded.  Hairstyles, clothing, cars, businesses etc...  So fun to look at. New York City may be one of the best places for street photography as people seem more willing to ignore you.

I always liked this snap I shot at Coney Island (never has sold).

USA  New York City Brooklyn NY NYC Coney Island amusement park - three 3 older people sunbathe on the boardwalk Stock Photo

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Love good street photography.  They are time capsules of life.  In one click of the shutter, a record of time has been recorded.  Hairstyles, clothing, cars, businesses etc...  So fun to look at. New York City may be one of the best places for street photography as people seem more willing to ignore you.

I always liked this snap I shot at Coney Island (never has sold).

USA  New York City Brooklyn NY NYC Coney Island amusement park - three 3 older people sunbathe on the boardwalk Stock Photo

Great image Michael. They are clearly loving soaking up the sun. When I was a kid I saw a TV documentary on buskers in New York City. It was amazing! The buskers alone would provide countless street photography opportunities.

• Like 1

Entertaining post, Edo. I've always loved street photography. However, I don't do as much of it as I used to for a number of reasons. With many places strengthening privacy laws, Liverpool might become one of the last bastions of traditional street photography. Someone zoomed this Vancouver image a few days ago. I guess it might qualify as a street photograph. Perhaps this gentleman is a stranger in a strange land as well.

Older man sitting alone at a table outside a restaurant cafe in the Mount Pleasant district of Vancouver, BC, Canada - Stock Image

Edited by John Mitchell