7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

It occurs to me: we're all strangers in a strange land now.

There are no strangers in this world, just friends you have not met yet.

However in your varied career and active life travelling the world I should think you have met most of them by now.😉

I know we have not met yet, if we had I am sure I would remember the meeting. Perhaps I will take a trip to Liverpool one day in the not too distant future to see if I can find you walking the streets.

Allan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gvallee said:

Especially me!!

You will never be a stranger Gen hen.

Perhaps all the regular forum members could hire a cruise liner for a big meet up and see some sights while having a party.

Allan

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Perhaps all the regular forum members could hire a cruise liner for a big meet up and see some sights while having a party.

Allan

Like our good old Sin Bin parties? What fun! Cooking apple pies right now, let’s go!

10 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Like our good old Sin Bin parties? What fun! Cooking apple pies right now, let’s go!

I'm with you. Love your apple pies. Not much good at cooking so I will bring the booze. Mind you I don't drink alcoholic drinks myself so hope I get some good stuff.

Allan

Anyone else coming?

ITMA

I saw a bit of the "The Golden Girls" the other day and one of the actresses (Betty White) was on and I thought she could be our Betty. Remember this series was filmed a long time ago.

Allan

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I'm with you. Love your apple pies. Not much good at cooking so I will bring the booze. Mind you I don't drink alcoholic drinks myself so hope I get some good stuff.

Allan

Anyone else coming?

ITMA

I made margaritas last evening since my son is visiting. First drink since I had a glass of wine over thanksgiving. I do love my margaritas but sometimes a year or two goes by before I have one. I bought some beer before Jeff came, and it is Michelob Ultra Infusions, which has lime and prickly pear cactus in it. Very light, crisp and refreshing. I did have a bottle of that a day or two before the margarita.

Imagine, tomorrow is July 1st. In the UK, we've all been in some kind of isolation for three months. The natives are restless. 

Allan, if you avoid alcohol, that's probably a good thing. I used to drink only 4 things: coffee, beer, wine, and water. This past winter here in Liverpool, I added brandy to the mix. I practice 16/8 intermittent fasting. That is I eat breakfast and lunch only. That's nothing to eat or drink at night except water. I used to drink 10 to 14 drinks a week. With the brandy and the lockdown, I'm up to about 21 drinks a week. The American medical community says that 21 drinks a week is where alcoholism begins. Hmm. 

I never drank much to begin with, three or four drinks per week. However I am imbibing a bit more during the pandemic -- downing a therapeutic glass of wine or a beer almost every night with dinner. I've never liked hard liquor (margaritas excepted, of course), which is probably a good thing. If you think the natives are restless now, wait a few weeks.

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I saw a bit of the "The Golden Girls" the other day and one of the actresses (Betty White) was on and I thought she could be our Betty. Remember this series was filmed a long time ago.

Allan

Betty White is America's sweetheart. 

If my NHS doctor here tells me to cut back on my drinking, I'll make the change. That is I'll get a new doctor. 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

A CRUISE LINER????? aka Covid-19 Petri dish.

You've got to be kidding!😀

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

If my NHS doctor here tells me to cut back on my drinking, I'll make the change. That is I'll get a new doctor. 

It won't make you live longer, Ed............it'll just feel like it.

Doubles all round.🍷🍷

Edited by spacecadet

7 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Doubles all round.🍷🍷

I'm looking forward to the pubs re-opening on Saturday. I live just across the road from the village pub, where guys are busy re-paving the beer garden, mowing the grass, etc. OK to drink outside. Then autumn arrives. What then?

Re-opening pubs on a Saturday looks like a recipe for the kind of disasters which Laurel and Hardy all but patented. For my first pub pint in four months, I think I'll wait till mid-week. 😇

Scousers are hardy folks, John. Last winter I saw many sitting outside in T-shirts. Me? I had two layers on. Oh, and I was inside. 

I hope I have time to assess the latest changes before my Sunday blog time. The weekend forecast is rain. Poco a poco.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

A CRUISE LINER????? aka Covid-19 Petri dish.

You've got to be kidding!😀

Everyone on board including captain and all crew will be tested before being allowed to embark. Anyone not up to scratch will be left ashore. Meanwhile the vessel will be triple sanitised inside and out by crew of cleaners who will have already tested negative for the virus. There will also be sanitising stations at gangways for embarking crew and guests. All containers with food, medical supplies, toiletries, bedding, towels, etc, etc will be sanitised before loading onto vessel. Naturally the contents of the containers will have already been sanitised during packing. Aircon will will also be sanitised x 5 times. The seas/oceans are already sanitised by natural means. The sights we will see will only be available to veiw from the vessel. No one will be allowed ashore at any port, in fact we will not be stopping anywhere just sailing slowly past to allow for photos to be taken. Bring your telephoto lenses. I suggest 400 to 600 minimum.

Will that satisfy you.😃

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Everyone on board including captain and all crew will be tested before being allowed to embark. Anyone not up to scratch will be left ashore. Meanwhile the vessel will be triple sanitised inside and out by crew of cleaners who will have already tested negative for the virus. There will also be sanitising stations at gangways for embarking crew and guests. All containers with food, medical supplies, toiletries, bedding, towels, etc, etc will be sanitised before loading onto vessel. Naturally the contents of the containers will have already been sanitised during packing. Aircon will will also be sanitised x 5 times. The seas/oceans are already sanitised by natural means. The sights we will see will only be available to veiw from the vessel. No one will be allowed ashore at any port, in fact we will not be stopping anywhere just sailing slowly past to allow for photos to be taken. Bring your telephoto lenses. I suggest 400 to 600 minimum.

Will that satisfy you.😃

Allan

Doesn't sound like much of a holiday🙁

Just now, spacecadet said:

Doesn't sound like much of a holiday🙁

Think of the carefree onboard partying and free food and drink.

Allan

19 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Think of the carefree onboard partying and free food and drink.

Allan

OK then. Premium drinks.

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

OK then. Premium drinks.

Done.

Allan

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Is that the New Yorker or the Irishman speaking? 😎

Tis the New York Irish lad. 

Joyeux jour du Canada, John!

And to all Canadians. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

Made the stupid mistake of buying Saga shares a few years ago (Brits will know who this is) and they have now bombed. 

The cruise industry is dead in the water, literally!

Infection is increasing in my county. The state governor has mandated masks for ALL when out in public beginning July 3. There is some screaming going on about the mandate. I’ll watch from the sidelines. I always mask. Edited to add. The screaming is because some of the counties in Kansas, like 8 or 9, have had no infections at all.

People believe the rules should be left to officials in each county.

Edited by Betty LaRue

54 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Tis the New York Irish lad. 

Joyeux jour du Canada, John!

And to all Canadians. 

That's what I figured. Merci beaucoup, monsieur.

Hope you enjoy the Canada Day the bagpipes. 😬

Edited by John Mitchell

14 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Infection is increasing in my county. The state governor has mandated masks for ALL when out in public beginning July 3. There is some screaming going on about the mandate. I’ll watch from the sidelines. I always mask. Edited to add. The screaming is because some of the counties in Kansas, like 8 or 9, have had no infections at all.

People believe the rules should be left to officials in each county.

I hope things start to improve in the US, Betty. Have to say that the situation sounds very concerning at the moment. Stay masked and safe.