Joined Alamy 2 years ago, according to AIM just passed 3000 images and 39 sales today. I live in a very small Irish village, 1 pub, 1 shop and about 60 people. Nearest town (a small one 7k away) Nearest city 90k away, so happy with that effort so far.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

This month, even before the end of the month, I have had the best revenue month in the last five years.... Roughly three or four times my normal average. 

several $$$ sales, one of an NHS protest I must have taken two or three years ago and another old photo used by a television company.  One of the best sales was a locally taken “car in a sink hole” local works as per a Welsh photographer who’s name has slipped my mind (1984). 

I strongly suspect that it’s all rapidly downhill from here....

Interestingly I have been unable to find any of the high value sales and only one of the low value so I have to guess where they appeared.

• Upvote 4

I'm not convinced that "post positive results" is the best title for this thread at the moment

• Haha 3

Not doing as well as Ian above, but after the worst two months for years (Jan and Feb) March is a lot better - below average but OK, and still a few days left.

26 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I'm not convinced that "post positive results" is the best title for this thread at the moment

Lols, as they say.

34 minutes ago, IanDavidson said:

This month, even before the end of the month, I have had the best revenue month in the last five years....

I can't match that 'best', but getting close. Today saw me climb into four figures gross.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Deleted - not positive enough

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Sold today,

$260.

Don't know where my brain is today. $120, not $260

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I had an unexpected tsunami of nine sales show up today, ranging from $$ to $$$. This is the most I've seen in a single day for a long time, so the world has not come to end quite yet. Thanks, Alamy.  😃

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Just had a $131 sale of a butterfly (not exclusive though).

Highest figure for a long time. (12th March 2018 actually!)

John.

Edited by Stokie
  • Upvote 1

My highest sale for this year just appeared at $65 gross.

Allan

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I had an unexpected tsunami of nine sales show up today, ranging from $$ to $$$. This is the most I've seen in a single day for a long time, so the world has not come to end quite yet. Thanks, Alamy.  😃

This is so encouraging! Congrats! I think the most I have had, in a single day, was six.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations! No tsunamis this side of the pond today

Kumar

21 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

This is so encouraging! Congrats! I think the most I have had, in a single day, was six.

Thanks. It was a major surprise. I recall having 18 in one day back in 2014, I think it was. But that was then, and this is now...

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Congratulations! No tsunamis this side of the pond today

Kumar

Thanks. It was a tiny tsunami in the scheme of things, but still very encouraging given what's going on.

A $230 sale today is, I think, my second biggest sale on Alamy. A good month for me I have to say. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

A $230 sale today is, I think, my second biggest sale on Alamy. A good month for me I have to say. 

Positive news indeed. Interesting how things are panning out during the current state of affairs. I just had my fourth $$$ sale of the month show up today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just when I am about to give up on this month, four sales dropped in total ~$240, with one $$$. Cheers! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 26/03/2020 at 13:50, IanDavidson said:

This month, even before the end of the month, I have had the best revenue month in the last five years....

After a good few days I'd just need $80 reported today for a bme. Here's hoping...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

After a good few days I'd just need $80 reported today for a bme. Here's hoping...

Best of luck! :)

16 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Best of luck! :)

Thank you, and good luck to everyone in these insecure times looking for sales and cleared payments as a source of income. Reported sales are one thing, the customer's ability to pay going forward could be an entirely different matter 😞

Just had a $35 calendar sale reported then instantly credited. I'll await with baited breath for a corrected sale, hopefully.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Just had a $35 calendar sale reported then instantly credited. I'll await with baited breath for a corrected sale, hopefully.

exactly the same thing has just happened to me (identical usage and price too) - fingers crossed :)

28 minutes ago, kay said:

exactly the same thing has just happened to me (identical usage and price too) - fingers crossed :)

Oddly just re-invoiced for the same value

3 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Oddly just re-invoiced for the same value

Could be differences in the licence details- net revenue sometimes gives a clue.