Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 05/02/2020 at 07:46, Ed Rooney said:

My NHS blood tests were all normal. Oh, and I had a $$$ sale today. ūüė謆

 

That's bloody good news! ūüėé

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Just made it to 2000 images.

 

Just made it to 23,000. Not the biggest news of the day...

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

 

Just made it to 23,000. Not the biggest news of the day...

 

Not the biggest, but maybe the best...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious case of TV sale

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 04 February 2020
Duration: In perpetuity    $88.41

 

followed by

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 04 February 2020
Duration: In perpetuity upgrade of invoice IY01383210 $31.57

 

That makes $120, better than a poke in the eye with the proverbial..

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

six weeks in and gross revenue is already 25% of the 2019 total. I hope that continues - but who knows.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2020 at 21:22, Abiyoyo said:

Just now one for $635

 

Distributed, but still very nice. Hopefully not refunded as it happened this month with one at $165 changed to $65 few weeks later.

 

Country: Japan
Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 December 2019
End: 01 December 2020
Japan, Travel brochures

 

 

Today the same image for $103

 

Country: Japan
Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 January 2020
End: 01 January 2021
Japan, Travel brochures

 

Curious ....maybe they are printing more than 20.000 or a refund is coming soon, hopefully not.

 

 

 

 

and today, again  the same sale, this time for high $$. It seems that for additional use there is a discount.

Edited by Abiyoyo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Today the same image for $103

 

Country: Japan
Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 January 2020
End: 01 January 2021
Japan, Travel brochures

 

Curious ....maybe they are printing more than 20.000 or a refund is coming soon, hopefully not.

 

 

 

Fingers crossed for you - well done! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A $149 direct sale for a photo taken 10 years ago, Ref Code BB****. With the way things are going, we are going to see 2BB soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2020 at 15:02, Bryan said:

Curious case of TV sale

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 04 February 2020
Duration: In perpetuity    $88.41

 

followed by

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 04 February 2020
Duration: In perpetuity upgrade of invoice IY01383210 $31.57

 

That makes $120, better than a poke in the eye with the proverbial..

 

 

All good things come to an end¬†ūü§í

 

Sale refunded - Original sale date (04 February 2020) $ -88.41

 

Second refund this month, they seem to be coming more frequently these days.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bryan said:

 

All good things come to an end¬†ūü§í

 

Sale refunded - Original sale date (04 February 2020) $ -88.41

 

Second refund this month, they seem to be coming more frequently these days.

So you end up with $32 (*gross*!) for *unlimited* TV transmissions??! ūüôĄ Hope you get the info to claim from DACS! Ironic, that if you do, it'll be worth more to you than the license.

Edited by losdemas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterdays measures report 5 zooms giving a CTR of 2.08 for the day. All different subjects too. Which is nice. 

And  I found a new on trend keyword with no results on Alamy...... just need to shoot something I can use it with. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!   2 sales this month  (settle down Bill )   Image BA1F68  for $12.62 Gross and Image B2XBDC for $ 10.30 Gross.......

 

Still have backlog of images to process and upload, so working at folio building and have just upload 6 more pics ( awaiting Q.C. ) but that will take me to 4000 online here...A milestone for me and will work harder to get to the 5000 mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sally said:

This is the start of my 4th year with Alamy. I have doubled my income in the last year, so I'm happy. It's been a lot of work but - apart from keywording - I have enjoyed it.

 

Year 1: £129

Year 2: £1466

Year 3: £2989

Do you mean dollars and net or gross?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 02/03/2020 at 20:29, spacecadet said:

Do you mean dollars and net or gross

Edited by Sally
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sally said:

No I mean £ and yes that's net - my earnings. The total of my monthly payments.

 

Nice going - well done! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

This is the start of my 4th year with Alamy. I have doubled my income in the last year, so I'm happy. It's been a lot of work but - apart from keywording - I have enjoyed it.

 

Year 1: £129

Year 2: £1466

Year 3: £2989

I have noticed how hard you work. You have uploaded a lot of wonderful work. 

 

Paulette

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I have noticed how hard you work. You have uploaded a lot of wonderful work. 

 

Paulette

Very kind of you to say so, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sally said:

This is the start of my 4th year with Alamy. I have doubled my income in the last year, so I'm happy. It's been a lot of work but - apart from keywording - I have enjoyed it.

 

Year 1: £129

Year 2: £1466

Year 3: £2989

 

Another Well Done to you Sally, your hard work is paying off....and you have built a¬†quality¬†folio of images that sell¬†ūüĎćAs always the photographers that work hard at what they do get rewarded....well mostly.

 

Cheers Bill

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to report my 300th sale.

 

Not so happy to report it is a distributor and I get $1.50 but hey ho - it's a landmark!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow wow wow just sold 4 photos yesterday  and all from the town i live in,great result so far.very happy photographer 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Wow wow wow just sold 4 photos yesterday  and all from the town i live in,great result so far.very happy photographer 

 

Did your mum buy them?¬† ūüėÄ

 

I did a Homer Simpson impression today, "D'oh", when a (decent-priced) sale was refunded. Another Homer impression, a few minutes later, "who-hoo", when the sale was reinstated... for a price that was just 6p better...

Edited by John Morrison
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Got my first $$$ sale RM exclusive direct. Very much delighted. 

Edited by Gnans
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.