Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2nd sale of the month for me, this one for mid $$. Stained glass window depicting labours of the months. Too bad they didn't buy January to June as well!

 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Ad and designMarketing Package Use.  Internal and external marketing communications. Excludes advertising. Repeat use within the terms of the license. ;  Industry Sector: Construction & Property ;  Start: 23-January-2020 ; End: 23-January-2030.

 

stained-glass-window-depicting-labours-of-the-month-on-display-in-godalming-museum-surrey-uk-WWE3KN.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SFL said:

les-orgues-ille-sur-tt-pyrnes-orientales-languedoc-roussillon-DDJDFP.jpg

 

Reported this morning, sold at $$$ (not distribution sale, Thank god for that)

World wide: Editorial website use, Any size. Any placement. Internal and external marketing communications

 

 

 

 

Where is this photo taken?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes black and white sells. The original is actually in colour, but I also uploaded this version. US presentation use.

manhattan-island-skyline-view-from-ocean

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Where is this photo taken?

 

It was Ille sur Têt, Pyrénées-Orientales, Languedoc-Roussillon, France.

 

Sung

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SFL said:

 

It was Ille sur Têt, Pyrénées-Orientales, Languedoc-Roussillon, France.

 

Sung

 

 

Wow...... I had it down as somewhere like Bryce Canyon.

Come to think of it, Les Orgues ring a bell- I think we visited them 30 years ago- no photographs though, they cost money!

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Wow...... I had it down as somewhere like Bryce Canyon.

Come to think of it, Les Orgues ring a bell- I think we visited them 30 years ago- no photographs though, they cost money!

 

Yes, you are correct.  It was several years ago when I spent a couple of months in winter in Languedoc and Roussillon.  

(Edit)  It cost nothing apart from petrol ,time and lost sleep.  You can only see this scene when you are outside.

 

The day before the shot, I spent some time to find this vantage point.

Someone said 'Photography is an art of elimination'.  How true that is!  The surrounding areas are not that attractive.

 

Sung

Edited by SFL
Added a sentence in blue
Link to post
Share on other sites

scientific-proof-that-bigfoot-roams-the-

 

RF $$ book use.

 

Caption: Scientific proof that Bigfoot roams the very remote corners of Rouge National Urban Park inside Toronto Ontario Canada
    
More information: Photographer available for interviews and consultations for outrageous price

 

Made this shot for fun, after stumbling across the footprint in December 2012. The series keeps selling over and over for documentaries books etc. Never been asked to consult however.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this photo Sally, i think Black and white can give a  photo a different perspective on things , if that makes sense, i like to take a lot of B&W photos maybe i should try uploading some, good luck with your sales.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

scientific-proof-that-bigfoot-roams-the-

 

RF $$ book use.

 

Caption: Scientific proof that Bigfoot roams the very remote corners of Rouge National Urban Park inside Toronto Ontario Canada
    
More information: Photographer available for interviews and consultations for outrageous price

 

Made this shot for fun, after stumbling across the footprint in December 2012. The series keeps selling over and over for documentaries books etc. Never been asked to consult however.

 

 

love it... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vicky allum said:

I love this photo Sally, i think Black and white can give a  photo a different perspective on things , if that makes sense, i like to take a lot of B&W photos maybe i should try uploading some, good luck with your sales.

Thanks Vicky. However, the advice generally is not to upload black and white versions since the customer can easily convert to B&W if they wish. I’ve only done it a couple of times for some of my archive images. I have had at least two photos sold which were converted to B&W by the customer: One was in The New Yorker which does everything in B&W. Another was an archive image in colour from the 1950s which was converted to B&W.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sally said:

Thanks Vicky. However, the advice generally is not to upload black and white versions since the customer can easily convert to B&W if they wish. I’ve only done it a couple of times for some of my archive images. I have had at least two photos sold which were converted to B&W by the customer: One was in The New Yorker which does everything in B&W. Another was an archive image in colour from the 1950s which was converted to B&W.

 

 

 

i just check AoA, over past year there are 107 searches for B&W and over 2000 for "Black and White".  So even though customers can technically convert themselves, there still is some demand for pre processed. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

i just check AoA, over past year there are 107 searches for B&W and over 2000 for "Black and White".  So even though customers can technically convert themselves, there still is some demand for pre processed. 

 

 

Ok, worth knowing, thanks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SFL said:

 

It was Ille sur Têt, Pyrénées-Orientales, Languedoc-Roussillon, France.

 

Sung

 

 

Thanks! I also had it Bryce area like spacecadet.  This is why I enjoy this "show and tell" thread; you see what sells, learn something and last but not least enjoy some terrific photography.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cranes at Buccleuch Dock. Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

cranes-at-buccleuch-dock-barrow-in-furness-cumbria-england-united-B9HN5J.jpg

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 14 December 2019
End: 15 December 2019
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Thanks! I also had it Bryce area like spacecadet.  This is why I enjoy this "show and tell" thread; you see what sells, learn something and last but not least enjoy some terrific photography.

Of course I could just have moused over the image and read the caption!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid $$

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 27 January 2020
End: 27 January 2025

fisherman-rowing-a-boat-in-bantry-harbour-west-cork-ireland-T3CM2B.jpg
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

For an indoor display at a non-profit...$$$. Very happy about this one. Not so happy about one of my best bears sold for a pittance. An editorial website, of course. The personal and presentation sales look good in comparison. I'm not really complaining. So nice to see two sales pop in at the same time.

 

EH0WP7.jpg

Maasai woman wearing the traditional kangas, Kenya, East Africa

 

Paulette

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.