Been a slow start to the month, but a 3rd sale popped in today. Didn't have to travel far to take it, just up a ladder by my front door.  Mid $$

installing-photo-voltaic-solar-panels-on

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

mid $$

2A1Y33N.jpg

Usage: Editorial

Media: Book, print and/or e-book

Print run: up to 5,000

Placement: Inside

Start: 01-October-2019 ; End: 01-October-2024

• Like 1

Calendar, print run 5000, $$. Pleased with this as last January i didnt sell a single image. Good to get the ball rolling early in 2020. 😄

london-uk-29-august-2019-one-blackfriars

Devil's Pool, Victoria Falls:

a-young-woman-hanging-over-the-edge-of-the-victoria-falls-in-devils-DH095X.jpg

To an Australian newspaper, low to mid $$

Kumar

• Like 3

Soybean field, low $$ presentation.

a-soybean-field-with-growing-plants-duri

• Like 1

first-nations-mask-at-mcmichael-canadian

Editorial RF $$. No releases so editorial mainly because of the location in a museum. This early image was rekeyworded and supertags selected in the new Alamy Image Manager. I think that collection maintenance work paid off, as it reawakened older images like this one.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2020 at 01:06, British Gent said:

In my ignorance I thought Hokkaido was under ten feet of snow at this time of year - ? (It's on my bucket list, but may need to revise if there's no snow in winter!) Edit: Silly me - you clearly mention 'autumn' in your comment.

Yes, it's completely covered in white by now. We want to visit sometime during the winter as well and do some skiing (not much of that here in Taiwan), but if you like this kind of autumn landscape and hiking, I really recommend it. We've been a couple of times but only done long day hikes from the hostel we stayed at so far, but are thinking about going again, bringing camping gear and spending several days walking from one end of the national park to the other.

Holy Trinity Church, Chapel Stile and the Langdale Pikes. Great Langdale. Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, U.K., Europe.

holy-trinity-church-chapel-stile-and-the-langdale-pikes-langdale-lake-B895EN.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 10 January 2020
End: 10 January 2025

• Like 1

Worldwide, Editorial website, low $.

(Za-Koenji Public Theatre, Tokyo.)

Za-Koenji Public Theatre (Toyo Ito & Associates, 2009), interior; Koenji, Suginami, Tokyo, Japan Stock Photo

• Upvote 1

Pleased to get a sale today after a bit of a dry spell, even though it was just a UK personal use license. This is the staff common room at Charterhouse School.

charterhouse-school-a-historic-boarding-school-in-surrey-this-building-is-brooke-hall-used-as-a-common-room-for-staff-WXRH39.jpg

A rare weekend sale, for presentation use. My 4th sale this month so not too bad.

edinburgh-scotland-uk-12-august-2019-edi

• Like 2

Taken in 2004 with a 6 MP Canon 10D.

UK museum, mid $$. Presumably the same buyer as Carol's photo above.

Passengers on cruise ship looking at glaciers on Alaskan coast, USA Stock Photo

On 10/01/2020 at 17:44, Doc said:

Devil's Pool, Victoria Falls:

a-young-woman-hanging-over-the-edge-of-the-victoria-falls-in-devils-DH095X.jpg

To an Australian newspaper, low to mid $$

Kumar

Ha! Been there done that and recently uploaded a photo of myself on S******o. There was a rainbow then, too. Maybe there always is.

35 minutes ago, Sally said:

Ha! Been there done that and recently uploaded a photo of myself on S******o. There was a rainbow then, too. Maybe there always is.

Sadly there isn't always a rainbow.

I went there in 1996, and there was hardly any water flowing at all. Don't know if it was the dry season.

I do remember being in a greasy spoon cafe eating a cottage pie in Vic Falls, and thru the window I saw an elephant trundle pass along the road !

2 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Sadly there isn't always a rainbow.

I went there in 1996, and there was hardly any water flowing at all. Don't know if it was the dry season.

I do remember being in a greasy spoon cafe eating a cottage pie in Vic Falls, and thru the window I saw an elephant trundle pass along the road !

Yes I imagine it has been used recently because the falls are down to a trickle again. Great place, but we didn't stay in the town.

Edited by Sally

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Spot size

$$

Bristol, UK. 20th Sep, 2019. Bristol college students and school children are pictured as they listen to speeches outside Bristol City Hall before taking part in a climate change protest march through the centre of Bristol. The pupils who have held monthly strikes during the previous school terms walked out of school again today as part of a countrywide coordinated strike action to force action on climate change policy. Credit: Lynchpics/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

18 hours ago, Phil Preston said:

Taken in 2004 with a 6 MP Canon 10D.

UK museum, mid $$. Presumably the same buyer as Carol's photo above.

Passengers on cruise ship looking at glaciers on Alaskan coast, USA Stock Photo

Oooh that's interesting and what a coincidence, would love to know what museum they are going to be in and when but I don't suppose we will ever get to find out😐. Note to self....maybe book another cruise😀

Carol

Hula in Hawaii (from a Fuji Velvia scan), Turkish magazine use for low $$

usa-hawaii-honolulu-waikiki-hula-AA8YRY.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Hula in Hawaii (from a Fuji Velvia scan

That's a great image, and a high quality scan at 5087 x 3310 px, good to know that you can upload scans at a decent resolution by the normal route.

20 hours ago, Sally said:

Yes I imagine it has been used recently because the falls are down to a trickle again. Great place, but we didn't stay in the town.

If you go in the dry season (Sept-Nov), then the flow of water is rather less over the Zambian side because they also take quite a lot of water for the hydroelectric scheme - best at that time of the year to make sure you walk across the border into Zimbabwe to see the falls from their side as there's much more water going over on that side. The advantage of the dry season is you can get into Devil's pool, which you cant do in the wet season!

Kumar

24 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

That's a great image, and a high quality scan at 5087 x 3310 px, good to know that you can upload scans at a decent resolution by the normal route.

Thanks Harry, I used the Nikon Coolscan (model 4000 I believe).  it was uploaded back in 2005 so not sure it would pass QC in the normal route now.   The scanner died some time ago ☹️

4 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I used the Nikon Coolscan (model 4000 I believe)

Thanks, a very cheerful image, not much of that going on in Oxfordshire in January.

6 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Oooh that's interesting and what a coincidence, would love to know what museum they are going to be in and when but I don't suppose we will ever get to find out😐. Note to self....maybe book another cruise😀

Carol

When I first saw my sale for a UK museum, I thought perhaps it might be an exhibition about climate change, then I saw your photo, and thought probably not!

Yes, would be nice to know which museum, don't think Alamy will be telling us anytime soon though.