Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

This Mexico image, which has licensed before, is my first sale (mid $$, multiple editorial use) of the year. It is currently awaiting deletion somewhere else where it has been gathering dust, so I'll only see 40%. ūü§ß

mercado-ki-huic-handicrafts-market-on-av

Congrats on 1st sale of the year John!  I am still waiting for mine...

Re deletion elsewhere: I am seriously considering the same for bunch of high end pics. The other day, zoom on Alamy (only one of 100+ views for that search term), no sale but micro penny download the same day. Coincidence?

Edited by Autumn Sky

Posted (edited)

First sale of the year. From one of our autumn hiking trips to lovely Daisetsuzan National Park in the middle of Hokkaido. Low $. China, Editorial website, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

HAJGWA.jpg

Edited by Su Pei
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Autumn Sky said:

Congrats on 1st sale of the year John!  I am still waiting for mine...

Re deletion elsewhere: I am seriously considering the same for bunch of high end pics. The other day, zoom on Alamy (only one of 100+ views for that search term), no sale but micro penny download the same day. Coincidence?

I'm currently waiting to bring several hundred images home to roost here. The agencies aren't micros, so it takes a full six months for them to get deleted. I've lost a fair amount of income on Alamy since the commission change because I foolishly submitted some repeat sellers to non-performing agencies.  Lesson learned (I hope).

Moonrise in the savannah, Australia

This part of Australia hasn't burnt. Yet.

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media

Low $$

K61WFN.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

First one of the year. 

Crowsnest River Alberta. Presentation or newsletter use

looking-down-on-a-bare-bleached-poplar-tree-with-the-crowsnest-river-in-the-background-lundbreck-falls-alberta-canada-T01E56.jpg

Edited by Rico
  • Like 1

First of the year:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 01 February 2020
End: 01 February 2025

Mid $$

The Waterfront Hotel, Oakland.

the-waterfront-hotel-and-largomare-bar-j

Posted (edited)

Sold twice yesterday - Single figure sales - Editorial, China.

coloured-fishing-boats-pulled-up-on-the-

Coloured fishing boats pulled up on the beach at Klitm√łller¬†on the west coast of Jutland, Denmark, at sundown.

Edited by Niels Quist

Usage: Magazine, Any editorial digital use. Any Placement.Repeat use permitted
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 06 January 2020
End: 06 January 2022

$$

Bristol, UK, 9th Dec,2019. Jeremy Corbyn is pictured speaking to supporters about the photo in the Mirror of a child sleeping on a NHS hospital floor. Stock Photo

38 minutes ago, steve18 said:

$1.14 net!

Holiday sign and jet plane against a blue sky Stock Photo

I often see reported finds and sales that match my unsold zooms, such as this one. They could be totally unrelated of course, but enjoy your $1.14 ūüôā¬†

Very happy for a rare January sale for mid $$. Single company - multiple editorial. Suspect it might be the Beeb since it's their new HQ outside Cardiff Central Station.

P4TPE7.jpg

the-morning-commute-by-car-on-the-gardin

Commuting by both train and car in Toronto. Commuting by public transit an ongoing soft news issue in Toronto. This image, submitted as stock, has sold several times since I created it in 2011

RF $ through a distributor for a Chinese website, but there were 10 other sales to the same client on the same day.

Hopefully the higher number of sales because of this client, will be taken into account when calibrating my image search position for the big spending clients.

• Like 1

Presentation - $

FXED0R.jpg

A couple of editorial book uses came in this morning both were low to mid $$

Here is one of slipper like shoes being sold in Egypt

egypt-cairo-khan-el-khalili-bazaar-market-souk-crowded-with-tourists-B991Y1.jpg

• Like 2

On 06/01/2020 at 19:10, John Mitchell said:

This Mexico image, which has licensed before, is my first sale (mid $$, multiple editorial use) of the year. It is currently awaiting deletion somewhere else where it has been gathering dust, so I'll only see 40%. ūü§ß

mercado-ki-huic-handicrafts-market-on-av

congrats, nice image.  good inspiration (i'm in Mexico for next 2 months (mainly Oaxaca)).   On the deletion from other platform, on one of the longer time line one on a few better ones i asked to remove a few "sensitive" images faster due to concerns about image contents based on  content (mainly using privacy concerns)

First of the year, high $$

W6YXA3.jpg

Usage: Editorial

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Print run: up to 250,000

Placement: Inside

Start: 01-December-2019 ; End: 01-December-2024 ;

Additional Details: UK - Includes up to 5% overseas distribution, Quarterly,¬† ‚ÄėIn-Context‚Äô online usage included

Posted (edited)
On 07/01/2020 at 03:46, Su Pei said:

First sale of the year. From one of our autumn hiking trips to lovely Daisetsuzan National Park in the middle of Hokkaido. Low $. China, Editorial website, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

HAJGWA.jpg

In my ignorance I thought Hokkaido was under ten feet of snow at this time of year - ? (It's on my bucket list, but may need to revise if there's no snow in winter!) Edit: Silly me - you clearly mention 'autumn' in your comment.

Edited by British Gent

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

congrats, nice image.  good inspiration (i'm in Mexico for next 2 months (mainly Oaxaca)).   On the deletion from other platform, on one of the longer time line one on a few better ones i asked to remove a few "sensitive" images faster due to concerns about image contents based on  content (mainly using privacy concerns)

Thanks. Love Oaxaca. I'm envious. Have a great trip, but remember not to take any photos for Alamy while you're there. ūüėĀ

• Haha 1

I'm not having the best of starts with another giveaway sale, but at least it's just a rushed image that could easily have gone into the bin.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Novel Use deal, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Industry Sector: Government (local, regional, national) ;  Print run: up to 250,000 ;  Start: 08-January-2020 ; End: 08-January-2025 ;
Additional Details: Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK

members-are-leaving-parliament-after-sitting-on-a-weekend-for-the-first-time-since-april-1982-to-debate-and-vote-on-prime-minister-boris-johnsons-brexit-deal-protesters-gathered-outside-thumbs-up-from-mp-keir-starmer-2A5BDK4.jpg

• Like 1

outrigger-canoes-on-sugar-beach-at-the-k

RF exclusive to Alamy personal use calculator price.

Taken with my small, always on me, Sony RX100. I have taken this shot with a higher resolution, much heavier, much bigger, more expensive, more professional looking camera, but this is the one that sold. There is a lesson somewhere in there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

Taken with my small, always on me, Sony RX100. I have taken this shot with a higher resolution, much heavier, much bigger, more expensive, more professional looking camera, but this is the one that sold. There is a lesson somewhere in there.

I have similar experience. Way more downloads, incl. some very decent prices, with Rx100 than Canon full frame.  My theory is it is combination of availability and creativity.  Rx100 is in your pocket, always there, carried effortlessly while heavier and bulkier SLR takes bit of effort, mental and otherwise, to lug around. Then Rx is small, you can push it through the fence, easier to capture unusual angle, etc -----> creativity.

First sale of 2020. Lowish $$ editorial use

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-9th

A presentation use for lower than usual but still $$

boy-helps-out-with-the-collection-of-the-fresh-chicken-eggs-A536DT.jpg

• Like 1

5 from same set. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Start: 10-January-2020 ; End: 10-January-2025 ;
   Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

since i found one i assume these are all for CultureTrip. $3 each, barely pays the return tube ticket, plus it will really hit my per sales average .

one thing i wonder is that since most of my competition was live news upload, if fact mine didn't have the "This image could have imperfections"  notice made a difference.

2A8YAE7.jpg

25 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

5 from same set. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Start: 10-January-2020 ; End: 10-January-2025 ;
   Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

since i found one i assume these are all for CultureTrip. $3 each, barely pays the return tube ticket, plus it will really hit my per sales average .

one thing i wonder is that since most of my competition was live news upload, if fact mine didn't have the "This image could have imperfections"  notice made a difference.

Same here -2 from last year- at least they report promptly..

Since this spritz Aperol was at Florian's, it doesn't even pay for one of the olives.

TD9340.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1