Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Olivier Parent said:

OK I'll start this one.

Sold this morning. Aerial view of Bora Bora (French Polynesia).

Wow! Hope you got a good fee. Spectacular image.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Mark!

Unfortunately, it was only a "presentation use", but lets stay optimistic and consider it is always encouraging to have a sale on January 1st.

And here is my 2nd sale of the year, also yesterday, also an aerial view of Bora Bora (opposite side of the island), same use.

Olivier

bora-bora-aerial-view-WW2KY1.jpg

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kicking off the new decade in the worst possible way:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Novel Use ;  Media: Editorial ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 02-January-2020 ; End: 02-January-2025 ; Additional Details: Online only, single placement, any size, life of article rights = pennies.

I'm thankful that there's been a few non-fake editorial uses on the subject so am hopeful it'll balance out.

jordi-casamitjana-protesting-against-bullfighting-during-a-demonstration-J59MN7.jpg

• Upvote 1

first sale in, similar to Avpics.  low $

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Novel Use ;  Media: Editorial ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 02-January-2020 ; End: 02-January-2025 ;
   Additional Details: Online only, single placement, any size, life of article rights

Jolyon Maugham QC speaking with crowd in front of the Supreme Court Stock Photo

also have a felling animal might have suffered for this sale

• Upvote 1

My first sale of the year:

Boats at Morston Quay on North Norfolk coast in East Anglia, England, UK. Stock Photo

• Like 3

A decent start to the new year. 2nd Jan, higher than mid $$, direct & exclusive.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 January 2020
End: 01 January 2030
Also includes print on demand associated to a single title

two-male-dragonets-eocallionymus-papilio-during-a-territorial-battle-A74K6G.jpg

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Olivier Parent said:

Thank you Mark!

Unfortunately, it was only a "presentation use", but lets stay optimistic and consider it is always encouraging to have a sale on January 1st.

And here is my 2nd sale of the year, also yesterday, also an aerial view of Bora Bora (opposite side of the island), same use.

Olivier

Very nice.  Motivated me to hike to Phi-Phi viewpoint (Thailand) and snap couple of Panos after seeing this in my hotel.  Maybe I'll get lucky too.

• Like 2

Well… Sold once again, just yesterday, Corporate package use, Worldwide for 2 years, higher than mid $$.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

Very nice.  Motivated me to hike to Phi-Phi viewpoint (Thailand) and snap couple of Panos after seeing this in my hotel.  Maybe I'll get lucky too.

Thank you! I wish you luck, not too much people taking selfies up there 😉, and a great time in Koh Phi Phi. The first time I went there was in 1999, before the film "The Beach" went on screens… Very beautiful islands! I remember that, from the viewpoint, one could only see coconut trees between Loh Dalam and Ton Sai.

Edited by Olivier Parent

Middlefell Bridge and Crinkle Crags in Winter. Great Langdale, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom.

middlefell-bridge-and-crinkle-crags-in-winter-great-langdale-lake-DG3A5Y.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 28 December 2019
End: 28 December 2024
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Olivier Parent said:

Thank you! I wish you luck, not too much people taking selfies up there 😉, and a great time in Koh Phi Phi. The first time I went there was in 1999, before the film "The Beach" went on screens… Very beautiful islands! I remember that, from the viewpoint, one could only see coconut trees between Loh Dalam and Ton Sai.

It's really good view from 2nd viewpoint (much more than coconut trees). Was there 9 am & still very good light & sun in the right position. Later it gets too bright. Best time is sunset, but I didn't know & now it's too late. Still quite pleased with what ended on memory stick.

Maya bay is closed indefinitely, they will re-evaluate in 2021. Was there yesterday on a snorkel boat trip. Sign said '1000 Baht fine for crossing'.  It is amazingly beautiful place, even from afar.

1 minute ago, Autumn Sky said:

It's really good view from 2nd viewpoint (much more than coconut trees). Was there 9 am & still very good light & sun in the right position. Later it gets too bright. Best time is sunset, but I didn't know & now it's too late. Still quite pleased with what ended on memory stick.

Maya bay is closed indefinitely, they will re-evaluate in 2021. Was there yesterday on a snorkel boat trip. Sign said '1000 Baht fine for crossing'.  It is amazingly beautiful place, even from afar.

My last trip there was in 2015. It was quite a shock to see the dramatic changes that occurred in only 16 years… So many buildings have replaced the palm trees on the sandbank… But you are right, it remains a fantastic viewpoint. And I consider myself very lucky to have enjoyed Maya Bay almost alone. I hope that Thailand will manage to preserve this jewel and its ecosystems (a very good spot to observe the zebra shark, Stegostoma fasciatum, among other species) despite the always increasing tourist demand.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Olivier Parent said:

My last trip there was in 2015. It was quite a shock to see the dramatic changes that occurred in only 16 years… So many buildings have replaced the palm trees on the sandbank… But you are right, it remains a fantastic viewpoint. And I consider myself very lucky to have enjoyed Maya Bay almost alone. I hope that Thailand will manage to preserve this jewel and its ecosystems (a very good spot to observe the zebra shark, Stegostoma fasciatum, among other species) despite the always increasing tourist demand.

I was there in 1995 as a backpacker. It is frightening to think that it was 25 years ago!

My first 2020 sale. Boy Scout in uniform.  Web use for low $$

boy-scouts-of-america-close-up-of-an-eagle-scout-with-a-sash-full-D4DDDY.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This one again, for presentation use.

street-in-nafplio-with-outdoor-restauran

• Like 5

On 04/01/2020 at 02:29, andremichel said:

I was there in 1995 as a backpacker. It is frightening to think that it was 25 years ago!

Lol! Time flies.  May I offer alternate point of view?  I am in my late 50s and still a backpacker.  It's a lifestyle.  I don't give a damn.   In December crossed 5430m Thorang La on Annapurna Circuit in Himalaya without a hitch (while bunch of 20/30 yr old had to be evac by helicopter because they didn't acclimatize properly). The other day snorkeling boat full of hotbods stops in front of Maya bay, and this old-timer just flips overboard first with everyone looking.  Age is number; it's all in your head. Just live full as long as you can (and don't forget the camera!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Every time I go back to some place i have loved, it strikes me: no matter how fast I get older, the planet I live on seems to change even faster than I do…

• Like 1

I don't normally bother posting to this thread, because... well, a sale is a sale is a sale. But we've had quite a few people asking on the forum lately about submitting scanned slides, and my first sale of 2020 is a scan from 1998. Not only that, but the fee was higher than my average for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Alan

Houses in Welsh Row, Nantwich, Cheshire Stock Photo

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

First licence of the year.

Boring picture I know, but it illustrates the point clearly.

UK magazine use.

Road sign for a shared user road space area in central Gloucester, UK. - Stock Image

Road sign for a shared user road space area in central Gloucester, UK.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just wondering how to get updates on this thread without actually posting a comment?  I think it's always useful to see what people sell.....none for me yet this year though...

Carol

8 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Just wondering how to get updates on this thread without actually posting a comment?  I think it's always useful to see what people sell.....none for me yet this year though...

Carol

Near the top of the page, click Follow button?

Mark

• Like 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/A7D81P/the-north-entrance-of-the-white-house-1600-pennsylvania-avenue-in-A7D81P.jpg

1600 Penn Ave in winter. TV worldwide mid $$.

wim
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

This Mexico image, which has licensed before, is my first sale (mid $$, multiple editorial use) of the year. It is currently awaiting deletion somewhere else where it has been gathering dust, so I'll only see 40%. 🤧

mercado-ki-huic-handicrafts-market-on-av

Edited by John Mitchell

First sale of the year

6 Jan 2020

climate-change-oceans-rising-D40A1K.jpg

• Like 2