Well, there's a wrap for another year.  Same # of images sold as last year (~200) for 25% less income.

December wasn't too hot either - 14 sales for $479 gross ($186 net).  Still better than any of my two other MS efforts.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Well, there's a wrap for another year.  Same # of images sold as last year (~200) for 25% less income.

December wasn't too hot either - 14 sales for $479 gross ($186 net).  Still better than any of my two other MS efforts.

Happy New Year and a hopefully better outcome, Reimar.

• Like 3

Number of sales dropping to lowest level in 3 years, but revenue was a new all time high for me

so price per image has been quite decent for 2019

• Like 1

2019 has spoilt my graph :( After 8 years of steadily rising revenue on Alamy, 2019 is lower than 2018.

2018 - 67 sales for $2,276 gross

2019 - 67 sales for $2,041 gross

It's not all bad news though, taking into account a good infringement settlement (via Pixsy) and stock sales elsewhere, my overall net revenue has risen by a good amount. 

Happy New Year to all and good luck for the coming year.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

194 sales in 2019 up by 8% on 2018, but gross income down by 8% !

Indeed gross income the lowest since 2014, so not too much Xmas cheer 😕

However, to put things in perspective, I saw some great local images for sale in a library recently, beautifully mounted and wrapped, but not framed, for less than £20 each. After taking away the cost of production and the cut the venue must get, not to mention the work involved,  it appears that Alamy still provides a half decent return.

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

2019 was my best year ever, although PPI was best in 2018:

2019: 156 sales for $4,511

2018: 82 sales for $3,680

2017: 39 sales for $1,368

2016: 5 sales for $346 (my first year)

Hopefully 2020 will see the graph continue on its upward path.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

That’s an amazing amount of sales for a port of less than 1000 images! 

I decided I had to change something since my revenue graph was heading south, so I deleted about 1800 images.

It will be interesting to see how 2020 goes.

• Like 1

My first year here:

First sales in May for 2*2.26$ = 4.52$

December i have 2 more for 0.96$ net each ...

Total 4 sales for 6.44 $ net 

21 zooms, some of them the only zooms in search but 0 sales from zooms :(

Edited by peter_m
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Sales up 19% on 2018 (best year for sales)   Gross $$ down 22% on 2018 (4th best year for $$, but quite some way below the 3rd best)

I earned 103% more (net) from my 'other place' (with December still to report there) with 13% more files on Alamy. Things are falling fast there too, don't want to give a false impression: just relative figures. (Exclusive pics on each)

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Like 1

Sales down 41%  (to 72)

Income down 27%

Worst year in 5 years !

All images are 100% exclusive to Alamy. At the end of 2018 I finished doing all those extra bits in the Alamy Image Manager.

Added about 400 pics too.

All to no avail !

Onwards and downwards 😞

ps...on a positive note, I've an unreported Guardian online use to look forward to !

Edited by AlbertSnapper
positivity
  • Like 1

Images up 10.5%

Sales up 19.5%

Gross down 15%

Nett down 14.5%

The only good news is nett never fell as much as gross (barely) in spite of going non exclusive with a lot of images.

However sales elsewhere in the first year not being exclusive more than made up for the fall in Alamy revenue.

• Like 1

33% increase in number of sales, with 366 in 2019 compared to 275 in 2018.  Very slight increase in gross revenue, $5916 in 2019 compared to $5900 in 2018 but that turned into a nett drop of $10 once commissions and affiliate fees were deducted,  $2831 (2019) compared to $2841 (2018).  No $$$ sales the whole year and too many lower $ sales.  Average CTR over the whole year 1.12 and a high ratio of xooms to sales - 2.69.  Only 618 images added, all exclusive, so I really need to get back to my normal 100 a month average.

All in all a fairly decent year. Looking forward to 2020

• Love 1
  • Like 1