Alamy

Potential changes to the image restriction structure – we want your view!

I'm ok with this because I'm largely an editorial contributor who doesn't release. Only rarely have I needed to restrict for a specific usage (eg. a project which forbade me from licensing for advertising while other uses were allowed. I can't remember precisely what these were but it was simple in those days to select which usages I wanted to exclude). I suppose that if this arose again, I could ask Contribs Services what to do in this case?

Anyway, questions like these from Alamy are always welcome so thanks for thinking of us.

• Like 1

Regarding Personal Use - perhaps one could make it a condition of purchase that with this use no refunds can be given.  They pay a pittance anyway, but at least it might deter the really devious buyers who set out to get something for nothing from the start.

Also - surely if we have stated that an image has no model or property release, then anyone wanting an image for non-editorial use would realise that certain images will not be suitable.  Why do we need to add the restrictions ourselves on top of declaring the lack of releases?

other than that I am happy with the proposed changes.

Edited by Camera Girl
  • Like 2

On 16/12/2019 at 05:30, Allan Bell said:

Can someone give me a précis of What Marianne said?😉

Allan

Lol

OK to remove "Don't sell for editorial." 

Personal Use should be limited to a small size--or with price increasing as size increases.  Many of these are highly suspect.

To get a lower price we sometimes pay for a hotel/motel room in advance, knowing the funds are not refundable if plans change.  The concept of "low price/no refund" is a common and well-understood marketing practice.  All PU sales should also be non-refundable.

If you're going to revise the Optional page on AIM then why not also eliminate the "Assign Existing Releases" feature?  I recall Alamy saying some time ago that they no longer wanted us to upload releases, merely to have them available if asked.

Finally, the distinction between "advertising" and "marketing" has never been clear to me.  Is "marketing" included in the Commercial Use category?

• Like 2

My wish, joining others here:

sell RF by size/resolution, like most other agencies do

limit size to e.g. 1200 px long side  for PU & presentation - currently its invitation for misuse.

Andreas

• Like 2

On 18/12/2019 at 21:51, Andreas said:

sell RF by size/resolution, like most other agencies do

This, I think has now been implemented!

• Like 1