Alamy

Potential changes to the image restriction structure – we want your view!

OK to remove "Don't sell for editorial." 

Personal Use should be limited to a small size--or with price increasing as size increases.  Many of these are highly suspect.

To get a lower price we sometimes pay for a hotel/motel room in advance, knowing the funds are not refundable if plans change.  The concept of "low price/no refund" is a common and well-understood marketing practice.  All PU sales should also be non-refundable.

If you're going to revise the Optional page on AIM then why not also eliminate the "Assign Existing Releases" feature?  I recall Alamy saying some time ago that they no longer wanted us to upload releases, merely to have them available if asked.

Finally, the distinction between "advertising" and "marketing" has never been clear to me.  Is "marketing" included in the Commercial Use category?

• Like 2

My wish, joining others here:

sell RF by size/resolution, like most other agencies do

limit size to e.g. 1200 px long side  for PU & presentation - currently its invitation for misuse.

Andreas

• Like 2