17 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I recking it's auto generated by a computer with no sense of humour at all... they are very proud of their image recognition software.

If you dig around their website states under the "Our Technology" bit it states about keywording and captions the following..

"Every photo is automatically tagged and captioned with concrete objects and keywords to make your entire library searchable. EyeEm Vision supports the most widely spoken languages."

Alamy continues to prioritise quantity over quality and they wonder why prices are falling???

Mark

I wouldn't necessarily blame the contributors of EyeEm for the horrible captions showing up here.  I have handful of images on EyeEm and just found  one of them here on alamy.  It's a photo of the tulip fields in the Skagit Valley in Washington State during their annual tulip festival.    All of that is in my keywords and caption on EyeEm, but when it transferred over here it's just labelled "Field of Red Tulips" and there's no mention of when or where it was in the keywords.

3 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Out of interest - where is this info being posted?

Mark

It hasn’t been posted as such, I looked them up on Alamy as a contributor and that’s how many images they have.

6 minutes ago, MariaJ said:

I wouldn't necessarily blame the contributors of EyeEm for the horrible captions showing up here.  I have handful of images on EyeEm and just found  one of them here on alamy.  It's a photo of the tulip fields in the Skagit Valley in Washington State during their annual tulip festival.    All of that is in my keywords and caption on EyeEm, but when it transferred over here it's just labelled "Field of Red Tulips" and there's no mention of when or where it was in the keywords.

Amazing. There are obviously tasks that shouldn't be left to oxymoronic AI.

Mind you, some stock agencies have real humans messing with your keywords, and they do weird stuff like that too -- i.e. removing important info like precise location, time of year, etc.

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Stockimo images get added to their main library... what's the difference?

Stockimo image Id’s all start with ‘s’ so they can be recognised as phone images. And they can only be uploaded via Stockimo. EyeEm are bypassing this and uploading direct to Alamy. We can’t do that.

1 hour ago, Thyrsis said:

Stockimo image Id’s all start with ‘s’ so they can be recognised as phone images. And they can only be uploaded via Stockimo. EyeEm are bypassing this and uploading direct to Alamy. We can’t do that.

You know about the ‘s’ naming convention for Stockimo images as do I. But do the buyers and if they do know, do they even care? Surely they just take each image on it’s own merits regardless of who supplied it. EyeEm have QC.. as mentioned earlier in this thread by someone else, not many images that you push to EyeEm are accepted into their ‘Partner Collection’ which is what has been put into Alamy. Stockimo QC is just a bunch of privileged/chosen contributors who randomly score images out of 4. I’d argue that EyeEm QC images for their Partner Collection more stringently that Stockimo QC. So I don’t see how EyeEm are any more or less side stepping Alamy QC than Stockimo.

Edited by Matt Ashmore