Location field

axel b

Question

Hi all,

when typing in the "location" field on the "optional" tab a drop-down (and a map?) used to open up, where you could select a precise location. That´s the way it is still described in the AIM instruction manual.

But for me there is no drop down menu or map. Did this change (for everybody)? Or is this some browser issue on my side?

Cheers,

Axel

19 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Might there be another explanation for what you've found. I've just searched for Australia and filtered for '6-7 years'. Most seem likely to have '6-7 years' as a keyword but one, of a Cicada, just has 'Shed skin of the Australian Cicada, having been underground for 7 years, New South Wales, Australia'. So seems like it's a 'fuzzy' search at best.

Another, just of a building, has 'Melbourne has been named the most livable city in the world for 6 years in a raw'

i just did Scotch,  people age=[10-11 years]....  you can guess the results 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Maybe the forum has answered these questions all previously somewhere?

I would guess this site's search algorithm isn't the most advanced. It's also possible that among keywords, captions, and optional fields it has difficulty ranking the relevance of search terms and often returns a mishmash of results. 😁

11 minutes ago, AlexG said:

I would guess this site's search algorithm isn't the most advanced. It's also possible that among keywords, captions, and optional fields it has difficulty ranking the relevance of search terms and often returns a mishmash of results. 😁

Yes, I think you could probably say that, though in the case of the optional Location and Category fields one has to try and work things out for oneself.

5 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Unless the island suddenly drifts off and docks on to Iceland, Greenland or Newfoundland (get your coats and mittens out, folks),

No need for coats and mitts by the time we get there it will be warmer than it is here now.😎

Allan

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AlexG said:

not sure i agree. 

For example, word searches seem to have great logic based on what is provided by contributor:  Description>Super Tag> KW, that's much more advanced, and allows you the contributor to promote your best work. 

Images that have sold before, so likely more appealing, rank higher.  So not random.  

i'm curious which site you feel have better logic?

Edited by meanderingemu