hdh

December 2019 Favourite uploads

Got poison oak walking through roadside brambles to get these shots!

Roadside car accident memorials with flowers and speed limit sign with pickup truck driving by in Tuolumne County, California. Stock Photo

Roadside car accident memorial with a metal cross with the name Rheinholt, with recreational vehicles driving by in Tuolumne County, California. Stock Photo

I can't figure out how to post these so they don't look squashed in the tablet and phone views, sorry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I can't figure out how to post these so they don't look squashed in the tablet and phone views, sorry.

Don't know if there's a way but if I turn my Android phone sideways (landscape) they're fine. I see a lot like that. 

I was going through some older file folders looking for lost nuggets when I found this one.

parade-participant-at-the-calgary-carifest-alberta-canada-2AERA46.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jodyko said:

Don't know if there's a way but if I turn my Android phone sideways (landscape) they're fine. I see a lot like that. 

Good to know. Thanks.

One of my favourite images from a recent trip to Tulamben in Bali. These fish are generally very secretive and shelter deep inside the arms of their crinoid home. But this fish was so very sassy and just swam up into the arms and posed for a few photos...what a privilege. 

crinoid-clingfish-discotrema-crinophilum-swimming-in-the-arms-of-its-host-crinoid-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2AF1CEM.jpg

• Like 4

Saint-Antoine-l'Abbaye : interior of the Abbey church. The large marble altar in the foreground contains a shrine with the relics of Saint Anthony of Egypt. In the background stands the great organ.

saint-antoine-labbaye-interior-of-the-ab

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, cbimages said:

One of my favourite images from a recent trip to Tulamben in Bali. These fish are generally very secretive and shelter deep inside the arms of their crinoid home. But this fish was so very sassy and just swam up into the arms and posed for a few photos...what a privilege. 

crinoid-clingfish-discotrema-crinophilum-swimming-in-the-arms-of-its-host-crinoid-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2AF1CEM.jpg

So lovely!

Paulette

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NYCat said:

So lovely!

Paulette

Thank you Paulette.

A few images from my business trip to Madrid

fresh-whole-hake-fish-on-ice-on-a-market-stall-in-mercado-san-miguel-in-madrid-spain-2AF6T69.jpg

a-barman-pours-a-beer-for-a-customer-in-mercado-san-miguel-an-indoor-market-in-madrid-spain-seen-here-on-the-evening-close-to-christmas-2AF6T0A.jpg

a-view-down-a-city-centre-street-called-calle-de-postas-in-madrid-spain-at-night-trees-run-down-the-middle-of-the-street-which-is-lit-up-by-lights-2AF3A95.jpg

people-sat-outside-at-tables-in-cava-de-san-miguel-in-madrid-spain-it-is-december-close-to-christmas-and-decorations-adorn-the-streets-2AF6T6N.jpg

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Saw these lads doing this today and couldn't resist!

2ag0jhr.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Saw these lads doing this today and couldn't resist!

2ag0jhr.jpg

Did you have a go yourself? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Did you have a go yourself? 🙂

Not a hope - it was freezing! 😂

55 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Not a hope - it was freezing! 😂

The Bantry Loonies strike again 😁

• Haha 1

Another aerial view of Saint-Antoine-l'Abbaye showing how the village 'ascents' from the lower village, below the fortifications, to the upper village and 'culminates' with the Abbey church. It also shows that the structure of the village adapts to the relief of the land while the orientation of the church obeys other rules. The trees indicate where the stream is flowing.

saint-antoine-labbaye-vue-arienne-du-vil

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 2

I look on this image as a soft news image, as it keeps coming up over and over again. It is an ongoing issue.

Every summer the fire department is called out 4 or 5 times to do a dangerous aerial rope rescue of a selfie nut trying to climb the unstable 300 feet tall sandstone bluffs.

Every spring the  city council debates raising the present $5,000 fine for attempting the climb.

This is a new sign this summer, but I waited until the leaves were off the trees so I could make the sign loom large and show the bluffs not obscured by leaves.

Let's see if it sells this summer.

warning-sign-do-not-climb-bluffs-scarbor

• Like 3

Let me just take a minute to say that there are some really good photographers posting pics in this forum.  

Edo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

One of my favourite temples in Bali, the lovely water temple Pura Gunung Kawi at Sebatu, outside of Ubud

shrine-built-in-a-small-pool-pura-gunung-kawi-sebatu-temple-tegallelang-near-ubud-bali-indonesia-2AGR0PD.jpg

one-of-seven-pools-offering-holy-water-or-bathing-at-pura-gunung-kawi-sebatu-temple-tegallelang-near-ubud-bali-indonesia-2AGR0N0.jpg

• Like 2

2AGE754.jpg

a nice reminder why i tend to alternate hemisphere based on season (or at least go closer to equator).  visiting my sister for Christmas in Montreal....  

• Like 2