Sign in to follow this  
hdh

December 2019 Favourite uploads

2 hours ago, Lisa said:

What you are not seeing are my legs covered in bug bites. The price of hiking in paradise. 🐜🕷🐝

IMG_9388.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by Lisa

Reminds me of the chigger bites I sometimes get while out doing insect macros.  ☹️

• Like 1

Christmas decorations inside a Vancouver area shopping mall. I took this photo with my Christmas present to myself, a Samyang 12mm f/2.0 lens mounted on my Sony a6000. Due to crappy weather here, I haven't had much of a chance to test this lens yet, but I like the results so far.

christmas-decorations-and-shoppers-insid

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 4

Gone fishing. Inle Lake, Myanmar

person-preparing-a-net-for-fishing-on-inle-lake-myanmar-burma-2AC7CA6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Had the opportunity to photograph a TV newsroom's weather reporter the other day.

meteorologist-working-on-a-weather-forecast-prediction-for-a-washington-dc-television-station-2AD19WP.jpg

meteorologist-working-on-a-weather-forecast-prediction-for-a-washington-dc-television-station-2AD1A3N.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

On 05/12/2019 at 12:05, jodyko said:

Reminds me of the chigger bites I sometimes get while out doing insect macros.  ☹️

Lets not talk about chiggers, please. 8 years old and you couldn’t put a finger anywhere on my body without touching a chigger bite. I ran a fever from them. All because my blanket blew off the clothesline and lay in the chigger weeds for hours. (Those little purple flower weeds) henbit.

Edited by Betty LaRue

Lisa,

Looks like you did your Makapau'u Beach hike on November 7th, I did my hike of Makapu'u Head and the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline November 14, a week later..

The winter rains have sure turn the hills green!

makapuu-beach-and-koolau-mountains-seen-from-makapuu-head-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRJ59.jpg

makapuu-beach-and-koolau-mountains-seen-from-makapuu-head-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRJ6M.jpg

Makapuʻu Beach and Koolau Mountains seen from Makapuʻu Head, Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA

shadow-of-photographer-with-makapuu-beach-and-koolau-mountains-seen-from-makapuu-head-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRJAP.jpg

Self portrait 😀

east-side-of-koko-crater-seen-from-the-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRHXB.jpg

east-side-of-koko-crater-seen-from-the-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRHMD.jpg
East side of Koko Crater seen from the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA
That was an epic day for a hike!
Edited by dlmphotog
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Had the opportunity to photograph a TV newsroom's weather reporter the other day.

meteorologist-working-on-a-weather-forecast-prediction-for-a-washington-dc-television-station-2AD19WP.jpg

meteorologist-working-on-a-weather-forecast-prediction-for-a-washington-dc-television-station-2AD1A3N.jpg

Great access and great shots, Well done! Model released...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

No, I wish. This was shot for a magazine.  I marked the photos Editorial Only.

billy-fury-statue-at-pier-head-in-liverp

Billy keeps calling out to me.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

even with model release,  i doubt NBC would give you the right to use their logo commercially. 

• Like 1

Used to work for this company, a tad later than in1899 however, and they had moved on, making diesel, rather than steam, engines! Like many of my previous employments, after I left the place closed down, the factory was demolished, and in this case the very ground excavated to build a marina.....  Such is the state of what was engineering in the UK.

works-plate-from-1899-rw-hawthorn-leslie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We seemed to have a great sunrise every morning in the South West last week. This was one of them. All change now though, it's very grey and miserable across the same view..

2ADY1WD.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 22:38, dlmphotog said:

Lisa,

Looks like you did your Makapau'u Beach hike on November 7th, I did my hike of Makapu'u Head and the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline November 14, a week later..

The winter rains have sure turn the hills green!

That was an epic day for a hike!

I just checked my IPhone camera roll and I was at Makapu’u on November 26th. It seems to rain just about every night! 

Saint-Antoine-l'Abbaye (France) last week-end.

Blue hour over the Abbey church and the village during the 'Christmas of lights" (Noël des lumières) celebrations.

saint-antoine-labbaye-blue-hour-over-the

Christmas celebrations in the Abbey church.

saint-antoine-labbaye-france-christmas-c

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 3

Opening of the 2020 Carnival season in Cologne, one month ago

real-costumed-people-in-carnival-costume-celebrating-the-opening-of-the-2020-season-in-cologne-germany-2AEFBT1.jpg

real-costumed-people-in-carnival-costume-celebrating-the-opening-of-the-2020-season-in-cologne-germany-2AEFBRX.jpg

real-costumed-people-in-carnival-costume-celebrating-the-opening-of-the-2020-season-in-cologne-germany-2AEFBTE.jpg

Edited by hdh

16 hours ago, Lisa said:

I just checked my IPhone camera roll and I was at Makapu’u on November 26th. It seems to rain just about every night! 

@Lisa My bad on the wrong date, Last few weeks the weather on Oahu has been Amazing! I did a hike up Kuliouou on Monday and you could see the islands of Moloka'i, Lanai and MAUI! A very rare occurrence!

Lightning illuminating storm clouds over Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

But before this stint of good weather it was a dreary soggy mess, The lighting storm above was taken on November 18th. The BOOMING thunder woke me up so what does a stock photographer do? ... 😀

Edited by dlmphotog
formatting