How was your November 2019?

6 hours ago, Reimar said:

Wow.  Why not spread those i-images around to the other sites?

Because then G would pay me 15% instead of 30%, file prices on new files would decrease, I'd lose all my access to direct G. sales (a complete lottery, but my best sales there have outdone my best sales here for three years in a row), not counting the tiny Connect and PA sales, and my files there would lose positioning.

They are failing rapidly too (really, G mucked everything up): although relative to Alamy my earnings there are good, they are down to about 1/6th or less what they were back in the Good Old Days, when I had abut half the files there that I do now. I just made a big mistake in firstly uploading 'preferentially' to Alamy for two or three years, then exclusively to Alamy for 2.5 years.  I started uploading there again in February and when I had 60 uploads there this year (more since) I earned over $56, which is really poor compared to what I'd have earned several years ago, but on Alamy hundreds of uploads and earned $0, though a $10 sale from this year popped in this week.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Number of sales good at 24, buoyed up by a modest slew of calendar leases.  Income OK, but no $$$ deals.

No. of zooms vomited up to 70 at one stage, so maybe good times ahead?

Managed to match last year's total sales with a welcome latecomer, but gross income down by about 15% for the equivalent number of leases.

11 sales for $195 gross, $96 net. 

So above average number of sales for me and reasonable revenue, but overall revenue/sale poor.

It's starting to look like my 2019 sales may not beat 2018. First time I've seen a drop on Alamy :(

Revenue generated per image on sale doing better elsewhere, I probably should upload more elsewhere instead of here, but I still feel a loyalty to Alamy that I can't explain. :unsure:

Mark

• Love 2

About average for me.  34 sales for $442 gross (all exclusive). 84 zoomz for CTR of 1.13.  

Well over last year for total sales volume but stll below total revenue.  December needs to be above average figures to equal, let alone exceed, last years revenue figures.

• Love 2

2 small sales at the start of Nov, the rest was tumbleweed. So much for end of month last minute sales. I have exclusive War Of The Worlds images here, the show aired this month and guess what....not a single sale. I spent a week on that set, all for nothing. Mind you, the series was rubbish after waiting 18 months for them to air it. Typical BBC.

18 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

how scary were those clown sculptures?

Not very scary, since they all looked very calm and maybe tired. But they looked so realistic that it made me alert in case one or two were actually human beings ready to jump up or do something else unexpected.

• Love 1

1 sale for $30 right at the death. To be fair, that's about average for me (sigh). Didn't help when I heard from a friend who largely gave up with Alamy a couple years ago and switched to creating art work for Fine Art America. By half way through the month he had made $2k worth of sales and that's not unusual...

• Love 1