3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

second week in a row to hit the random QC on Friday night.  so likely no review until Monday, and not on sale until Tuesday

I have 4 pics waiting inspection over the weekend. Hopefully things are not extra rigorous under the new regime, but they are low ISO shots taken in bright sunlight so should be OK. No hurry actually, rate of upload pretty sluggish at this time of year.

I had 24 images uploaded on Friday early evening waiting in the QC queue over the weekend. They all cleared this morning first thing. I'm 5 stars.

I've had 8 or 9 submissions go through in seconds before that. 

Presume they do a check every now and then, or is it just a Friday afternoon/evening thing I wonder? 

John.

2 minutes ago, Johnnie5 said:

I posted this elsewhere but I'll post for those following this thread.

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/

Interesting that there are 2 stars and 4 star ratings. I hadn't heard of anybody with those before.

John.

It's very interesting in that it's the first official public acknowledgement of any change to the QC ratings. It's the standard page but they've updated the QC rating section and they've done it very recently, though the page isn't dated. As was noted in the other thread, there is no mention of how they are rolling it out and why some users on this forum with impeccable uploading records don't have 5 stars yet.

59 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I had 24 images uploaded on Friday early evening waiting in the QC queue over the weekend. They all cleared this morning first thing. I'm 5 stars.

I've had 8 or 9 submissions go through in seconds before that. 

Presume they do a check every now and then, or is it just a Friday afternoon/evening thing I wonder? 

John.

i've been 5 stars for a month so far i've gotten stopped for QC 4 times, the first 2 on a Wednesday, the next two on a Friday.  Since i've been in North America during the period, I had cleared QC the following opened morning Eastern time zone (thursday, and monday respectively).   

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

i've been 5 stars for a month so far i've gotten stopped for QC 4 times, the first 2 on a Wednesday, the next two on a Friday.  Since i've been in North America during the period, I had cleared QC the following opened morning Eastern time zone (thursday, and monday respectively).   

Just sent 8 images and they went straight through.

I'll have to avoid Friday afternoons!

John.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Right, you mean in the page source? I can't see it on the page itself, but yes, modified on Friday.

In our speak you could say in the metadata 😐

wim

3 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

In our speak you could say in the metadata 😐

Quite so, I do look at the page source to identify website providers when I like the site but I must say I hadn't thought of looking for a modify date, it's a useful tip.

On 06/01/2020 at 13:10, Stokie said:

I'll have to avoid Friday afternoons!

John.

Along with weekends.

3 QC stars here and no failures for very long time.

I submitted 4 images late Saturday and it wasn't until Monday noon that the "you passed QC" email came into my inbox.

Of course it could be worse I suppose.

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

Along with weekends.

3 QC stars here and no failures for very long time.

I submitted 4 images late Saturday and it wasn't until Monday noon that the "you passed QC" email came into my inbox.

Of course it could be worse I suppose.

i have five stars, and my friday submission wasn't approved until the PM monday.