New payout level comes at a cost !!?

Hello Alamy,

I was happy to hear about the new payout level of 100 dollar, but its EXTREMELY disappointing this comes at a cost now.

Furthermore, you fail to list the fees we are going to pay. And it also seems the change is mandatory, so however you are going to spin this, I am going to be have money out of pocket as there is no free option for me.

I have a EU bank and PayPal, so I will need to bleed to get paid. If this is correct, I am disgusted.

Sorry, but Alamy is now the ONLY agency that makes me pay to get paid.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/contract/amendments/151013.asp

Agree. I didn't really mind the old payout threshold. The bank transfer to Denmark will now cost me - and for a lower amount..... If I could choose I would stay at the USD 175 level and be paid free of charge - it is quite sufficient that my Danish bank charges Dkr 10 to receive the funds on my business account.

This is absolutely unacceptable. Alamy already takes 50% of the sale, discounts more than 90% from the calculator price, and now charges me so I can get paid?!!!!!!

At least create payment levels which we choose from to get our money and charge only under a certain value!

Thats it, I rather be at 175 for free instead of at 100 and pay for it. Masspayments with PayPal are very cheap. If Alamy is not using masspayment, its their problem not mine,. Surcharging me to get paid is ridiculous. Please reconsider this move.And I am not going to get a skrill account either. I am dead serious, I will close my Alamy account if I have to pay to get paid. Wont make a difference to anyone, but at least I can look at myself in the mirror.

Nothing is free of charge in this world - and that also goes for PayPal and Skrill. The charge may sometimes be paid by the agency or may not be. I have seen both. But this is not all, they sure also charge a good price on the rate of exchange. I liked Alamy's way of different payments - until this change....

All Alamy seem to want to do these days is take, take,  take from us the suppliers of their wealth. The gigantic cut in our share to finance New York office - why couldn't Alamy use their own money rather than take more from us?

Yes I would like to invest in my future with new equipment etc. So Alamy give me another 17% of revenue I generate!!! Notice I am not saying 'please' here or putting it to a vote as that is the way you like to do business with your suppliers. Cynical and greedy.

Now this new 'cost' to bear for EU account holders. Why lower the threshold anyway? Why not make the threshold amount 'selectable' by the contributor? Why do those who are happy with the $175 threshold amount have to subsidise those who rarely reach such dizzy heights and want paying at $100. 

Regards

Richard

Now this new 'cost' to bear for EU account holders. Why lower the threshold anyway? Why not make the threshold amount 'selectable' by the contributor? Why do those who are happy with the $175 threshold amount have to subsidise those who rarely reach such dizzy heights and want paying at $100. 

Regards

Richard

Couldn't agree more...

I'm in the UK so the extra charge won't apply to me - but I think Alamy ought to offer the choice of free payment for $175 or if you opt for the $100 then there might be an extra charge.

I don't know why we can't be paid any outstanding cleared funds at the end of each month in any case.

John.

I was quite happy to read that the payout threshhold will be lowered as I don't really have that many pics up here to sell much. But having to pay for that payout and not even fixing the costs of that... how much money are we speaking about here? Is it $5 or $10? Or does it change depending on Alamy's whim? If the amount that's deducted is not fixed in the contract it's just another post that can be raised and raised and raised.

I'd suggest that Alamy offers a higher payout threshhold without and costs or payout. Members could then op in or out.

agreed, I was perfectly happy with the 175$ threshold too. Come on Alamy, after our 17% paycut at the end of last year to finance..... well, I'm still not sure what? But surely we can have better than this. Give us the option.

Alamy must be making a fortune in any case just from holding on to 'cleared funds' that are currently under the $175 threshold. If we take a figure of 27,000 contributors to Alamy and those contributors are owed, say, $75 then Alamy hold on to over $2 million cash, probably for months on end. Even with low interest rates this is a sizable sum and obviously benefits Alamy not us!

Regards

Richard

I'm in the UK so the extra charge won't apply to me - but I think Alamy ought to offer the choice of free payment for $175 or if you opt for the $100 then there might be an extra charge.

I don't know why we can't be paid any outstanding cleared funds at the end of each month in any case.

John.

Exactly, I'm not going to be affected by this but I still feel it's wrong to charge people (on top of the 50% commission) to take out what is theirs. 

Personally, I would rather be able to set my own payout level. Quite often I'm happy for it to stay where it is.

Regards

Richard

Couldn't agree more...

I agree, but the word subsidize is nonsense.

All Alamy seem to want to do these days is take, take,  take from us the suppliers of their wealth. The gigantic cut in our share to finance New York office - why couldn't Alamy use their own money rather than take more from us?

Yes I would like to invest in my future with new equipment etc. So Alamy give me another 17% of revenue I generate!!! Notice I am not saying 'please' here or putting it to a vote as that is the way you like to do business with your suppliers. Cynical and greedy.

Regards

Richard

About this i think that for sure Alamy used most of their own money for the USA office. I dont think it is bad that we contribute for it also since it will generate us at the end more sales to have an extra office.

Mirco

Hmmm..   This really is not good.  Even the most blood sucking micro agencies don’t charge for payout with thresholds as low as €50.  FAA pay monthly no matter how small the amount and even a payout of $1 doesn’t attract a fee.  Worse, this is discriminatory in that charges apply or not depending on where you live .

Regards

Richard

About this i think that for sure Alamy used most of their own money for the USA office. I dont think it is bad that we contribute for it also since it will generate us at the end more sales to have an extra office.

Mirco

Why do you 'think for sure...' On what basis do you say that? Alamy took a massive 17% extra from around 27,000 contributors when they changed the contract without any consultation with us or any financial information to justify what they were doing. 

It was a simple 'smash and grab' raid. As I said before Alamy are becoming greedy and cynical.

It may generate more income in the long term. 'May' being the keyword here. But it will have to generate a great deal of income to get above that 17% already taken away. 

And now another raid on our depleted share! At least for Euro account holders.

We make a (combined) massive investment in our time and costs to generate income both for ourselves and for Alamy. This massive investment on our part should be respected by Alamy. A happy workforce is a productive workforce.

Regards

Richard 

i meaned to say that i am happy that we can have a extra office. And about the fee i guess it is something withhold by paypal and not Alamy.

Mirco

It's not 'something withhold by paypal'  . Are you high?????

Archived