Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Some great stuff there!

Has anyone on here updated yet?

Any bugs/issues found?

 

I'm reluctant to update for a day or two as I've got a bit of editing to do and don't want to risk any unwanted/unforeseen issues...😉

 

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phil Crean said:

Some great stuff there!

Has anyone on here updated yet?

Any bugs/issues found?

 

I'm reluctant to update for a day or two as I've got a bit of editing to do and don't want to risk any unwanted/unforeseen issues...😉

 

Phil

 

I updated last night and have no issues (that I know of). There is an option to keep the older software in any case. I have had a quick look at the object selection tool and it looks interesting. Not had time to have a detailed look yet. Lightroom uses a new catalog structure so has to convert the older catalog. I have had no issues doing this - I made a backup of the older catalog files (.lrcat) before proceeding.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

I updated last night and have no issues (that I know of). There is an option to keep the older software in any case. I have had a quick look at the object selection tool and it looks interesting. Not had time to have a detailed look yet. Lightroom uses a new catalog structure so has to convert the older catalog. I have had no issues doing this - I made a backup of the older catalog files (.lrcat) before proceeding.

 

 

 

 

Thanks MDM 

I'll probably do it later today after I've finished my edits and done some backups...😁

 

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do all these Youtube experts talk so quickly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few improvements:

The selection output, although a little easier to get there, still needs the refine edge for anything other than the smoothest of edges, so it's not earth-shattering in that regard. I still prefer a bit more control than the auto feature the video concentrates on.

However, the enhanced "converting smart objects to layers function really is brilliant.

Rotating brush tips is very cool, as is "close others" . . .

The new flexibility of adjustment layers in conjunction with one-click pre-sets is impressive.

The new power in 'warp' is impressive too, and the more powerful content-aware 'repair' function . . . if they're your things so to speak ;)

I guess for future-proofing and accessing your images from any computer, and certainly for online collaboration (said feature pending at the moment), the save-to-cloud function could be a real game-changer for many.

 

I don't think folk with older versions of PS should worry too much, unless they do use layers and smart objects a lot or have a need for saving-to-cloud.

Having said that, I'm impressed :)

 

DD

Edited by dustydingo
changed "shouldn't" to "should"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Why do all these Youtube experts talk so quickly?

I was waiting for him to breathe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Why do all these Youtube experts talk so quickly?

Funny you should ask. Being raised in Oklahoma with somewhat of a drawl, New Yorkers speak so fast they leave my brain in the dust. I’m still soaking in word one and two when they’re on word ten. 
Paulette and I would probably have a communication problem. 😊

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Funny you should ask. Being raised in Oklahoma with somewhat of a drawl, New Yorkers speak so fast they leave my brain in the dust. I’m still soaking in word one and two when they’re on word ten. 
Paulette and I would probably have a communication problem. 😊

Betty

In YouTube, go to settings (bottom right) then check the playback speed to .75

You're welcome 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Funny you should ask. Being raised in Oklahoma with somewhat of a drawl, New Yorkers speak so fast they leave my brain in the dust. I’m still soaking in word one and two when they’re on word ten. 
Paulette and I would probably have a communication problem. 😊

Betty

 

No, we're OK. I'm still talking like a Californian.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 22:34, NYCat said:

 

No, we're OK. I'm still talking like a Californian.

 

Paulette

Good to know! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 19:41, Rico said:

In YouTube, go to settings (bottom right) then check the playback speed to .75

You're welcome 😉

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 12:52, geogphotos said:

Why do all these Youtube experts talk so quickly?

You can change playback speed. Click the "cog" symbol (settings), then change "Playback Speed" to your liking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin Carlsson said:

You can change playback speed. Click the "cog" symbol (settings), then change "Playback Speed" to your liking.

 

That is certainly an experience.  

 

Still not sure why 'normal' Youtube explainer talking speed has to be 200mph. And for me the movements between the tools is too quick - it is all too speeded up for my slow brain.

 

Just a comment. Not a complaint. My problem.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For something a bit more mellow try Adobe's very own Juleanne Kost . There is a mass of material both video and written at the above link, including info about the recent Photoshop and Lightroom updates.

 

She has loads of really excellent bite-sized video tutorials, explains things really well at a sensible pace and a pleasant speaking voice thrown in. In fact her voice could become a little soporific, especially if you haven't had enough sleep like me right now zzzzzz

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MDM said:

For something a bit more mellow try Adobe's very own Juleanne Kost . There is a mass of material both video and written at the above link, including info about the recent Photoshop and Lightroom updates

 

+1 for Julieanne!

She can be really funny too: here she's introducing herself at the Adobe Max 2018.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2019 at 23:35, geogphotos said:

 

That is certainly an experience.  

 

Still not sure why 'normal' Youtube explainer talking speed has to be 200mph. And for me the movements between the tools is too quick - it is all too speeded up for my slow brain.

 

Just a comment. Not a complaint. My problem.

Agree, Ian. The speed speaker’s words just slide over the surface of my brain instead of wiggling down into all those crevices. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, yes! Why are so many presenters speaking so rapid fire? Slow down and repeat the core of the information three times! Give the step-by-step and avoid tangents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2019 at 10:59, wiskerke said:

here she's introducing herself at the Adobe Max 2018.

 

Sorry    she    is    speaking    too    fast    for    me.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Sorry    she    is    speaking    too    fast    for    me.

 

Allan

 

 

Have you tried Martin's advice?

You can change playback speed. Click the "cog" symbol (settings), then change "Playback Speed" to your liking.

Try setting it from normal to 0.75.

I didn't know it could be done either and it really works.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

Have you tried Martin's advice?

You can change playback speed. Click the "cog" symbol (settings), then change "Playback Speed" to your liking.

Try setting it from normal to 0.75.

I didn't know it could be done either and it really works.

 

wim

 

Hi wim, I was joking. Just a very little one. I will have a look at it using the slow-down technique mentioned though.

 

When     I     get     a     bit     more     time.😀

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.