Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 sales... not too bad.

 

But with some really paltry microstock type licencing fees.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Just 1 sale, but major one:   $292 gross -- largest single amount I sold my pic anywhere.  Some west USA magazine: print, digital and electronic   Print run: up to 5 million.   Am actually quite curious who is the customer.    Might start believing I am doing something right.

My guess! The price is about right and the clues you have given point towards  AAA Westway magazine . Thats triple A

Edited by Shergar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Just 1 sale, but major one:   $292 gross -- largest single amount I sold my pic anywhere.  Some west USA magazine: print, digital and electronic   Print run: up to 5 million.   Am actually quite curious who is the customer.    Might start believing I am doing something right.

 

As it has Digital use, try a reverse image search, it may show up somewhere (eventually). My biggest single sale was nearly $500, and I had a few around $300 - $400 when I first started with Alamy, but that was a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shergar said:

My guess! The price is about right and the clues you have given point towards  AAA Westway magazine . Thats triple A

 

That's also...Westways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 sales for $517 gross.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four sales. Two at $, two at $$. Just overtaken last years total revenue with fewer sales. Recent low prices are worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good in terms of volume, but not in revenue, which was slightly below average.

Average fee for images just above $27, which is good as it was only $21 in September.

Promising zooms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another poor month for me.  16 sales for $412 gross, $160 net.  This month that was a tie with my other endeavour - $163 net.

But with the $21 for DACS TV, Alamy came out ahead.

Edited by Reimar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No sales in October, but a $39 DACS.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 1 this month for a whopping $5.30 gross.

 

And, after waiting the whole month to get a zoom, I ended up getting 8 in the last 3 days, taking my total CTR up to 1.05 with an average of 0.89. So, silver linings and all that.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good month for me with 4 licenses for $171 gross with one of them a $xxx license.

 

Plus $21 DACS payment on top of that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2019 at 18:44, Betty LaRue said:

I wish! I love beautiful nature!

Check out red-earred slider, Scripta elegans. Might be Trachemys scripta elegans. 

Older males can sometimes have a dark greyish-olive green melanistic coloration, with very subdued markings. The red stripe on the sides of the head may be difficult to see or be absent. The female's appearance is substantially the same throughout her life.

These originated in the U.S. but have been bought as pets and released around the world. They are considered an invasive species and are banned in some countries.  We have them in my part of the world. I thought I recognized yours.

Besides identifying them in your caption and tags, I’d also use words like invasive, invasive species. Check out Wikipedia.

Betty, you are golden :)   I do latin names for occasional flower/plant macro, but it totally didn't cross my mind to do it for turtles!  Also "invasive" "species" keyword is not something I'd normally think.   So thanks bunches!   

 

btw went on a hike today and ran into porcupine.  He/she was willing to stand still and pose for me;  luckily I had my 70-300L Canon lens so I am quite hopeful I got couple of good ones (although I am not sure if there is market for porcupine photos!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shergar said:

My guess! The price is about right and the clues you have given point towards  AAA Westway magazine . Thats triple A

I had Westways while living in US;   that would be then for their travel section (it was image of Manuel Antonio beach in Costa Rica):

scenic-sunset-view-and-dramatic-landscap

 

I can find image on several places online, including Fodors  Travel Guide (entry 5 of 10)   https://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-and-central-america/costa-rica/experiences/news/these-are-the-10-best-beaches-in-costa-rica  but this was through micros.  So Westways guess could be good one.   I am now regretting I uploaded this on micros but it's too late.  It would be easier if I'd have ability to recognize high end landscape with commercial potential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 sales for $723. Some decent $$ sales but sadly no $$$ sales. The good news is that I am no longer (tempting fate here ) getting $0.$$ sales and CTR is averaging 60-70!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 01:12, Michael Ventura said:

Best month of the year for me!  A great rally in this last week of the month.  27 sales for $1,722 gross.  Happy with that!

 

I too had what I think was my best month ever for sales, one more than September. Unfortunately, prices were weak. 

 

It's only fair that Michael did better on prices. He's still an excellent pro shooter, works harder, and aims his images at commercial and editorial sales. I just do editorial. 

 

Edo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

I too had what I think was my best month ever for sales, one more than September. Unfortunately, prices were weak. 

 

It's only fair that Michael did better on prices. He's still an excellent pro shooter, works harder, and aims his images at commercial and editorial sales. I just do editorial. 

 

Edo

 

Thanks Edo, not sure I work harder than anyone else here but I do live and shoot in a locale that is good for stock, the Washington, D.C. area.  I shoot mostly what I enjoy shooting and try to keep the potential buyer in mind while taking the photos.  Alamy has been a good fit for me for the type of stock I shoot.  I also shoot a super wide variety of subjects, I think that helps a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 sales $381.77. 

Best month of the year except the numbers. 

 CTR is also highest. 

I want to increase sales numbers.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

 

I can find image on several places online, including Fodors  Travel Guide (entry 5 of 10)   https://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-and-central-america/costa-rica/experiences/news/these-are-the-10-best-beaches-in-costa-rica  but this was through micros.  So Westways guess could be good one.   I am now regretting I uploaded this on micros but it's too late.  It would be easier if I'd have ability to recognize high end landscape with commercial potential

 

It might not be too late. I'd be inclined to delete this one from those other places ASAP.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No sales, but $30 DACS. An image that sold earlier in the year was zoomed again, so potentially something to come before the end of the year, but statistically I've already made my expected quota (by volume).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

It might not be too late. I'd be inclined to delete this one from those other places ASAP.

That is interesting discussion John & something I've been thinking quite a bit in terms of general strategy going forward, as rates some of these micros are paying are downright disrespectful.  But this is "How was your October" thread so it is off-topic.    Thanks for suggestion though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Betty, you are golden :)   I do latin names for occasional flower/plant macro, but it totally didn't cross my mind to do it for turtles!  Also "invasive" "species" keyword is not something I'd normally think.   So thanks bunches!   

 

btw went on a hike today and ran into porcupine.  He/she was willing to stand still and pose for me;  luckily I had my 70-300L Canon lens so I am quite hopeful I got couple of good ones (although I am not sure if there is market for porcupine photos!)

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I just forget to post or did I repress it?

Worst month of the year. Worst since Nov 2017 actually.

21 for 563

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I had replied to this thread but apparently not!

 

Pretty average all round 11 sales for $304, although revenue was the 4th best of the last 12 months.

 

Heading for my 4th best year for sales and 6th best for revenue out of 12 years.

 

john.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 13:05, wiskerke said:

Did I just forget to post or did I repress it?

Worst month of the year. Worst since Nov 2017 actually.

21 for 563

 

wim

 

Well they say, the higher you climb the harder you fall.  My fall was just as hard and more painful; stayed sat there with my mouth open trying to figure out what happened and what went wrong,  trying to remember the last such sad month and I couldn't, must have been a very long time ago. 14 sales for $203.93. with PU refunds adding insult to injury.  Have got up now dusted myself off, tied up my shoelaces and returned to key wording what I had uploaded already.  After months and months of deliberation, finally restricted PUs, I was not getting anything from them other than refunds month after month.  Will see how that goes.  Well 14 is still better than 0 and I could have a killer month soon, some people live in hope, you know? 

 

Helen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.