October Challenge - Attention to the Reflection (Urban)

Ognyan Yosifov

Great topic. I do like a nice reflection.

Taken last week and uploaded quickly for this challenge: General Staff Building, St Petersburg 

general-staff-building-the-hermitage-or-

Gosford Estate Curling Lodge

gosford-house-pleasure-grounds-policies-

Sunshine on Leith

sunshine-on-leith-water-of-leith-river-e

• Love 1

First attempt at joining.  Must say the works above are intimidating.  

H&W Crane in Belfast with amusement rides in puddle. (sadly a bit too windy)

funderland-travelling-amusement-park-set-up-in-titanic-quarter-in-belfast-with-rides-under-the-hw-cranes-2A28Y07.jpg

Crowd and Photographer in cyclist sunglasses

jan-polanc-of-team-uae-emirates-reaching-in-crowd-to-shake-hand-of-fan-at-departure-of-tour-of-slovenia-stage-one-race-ljubljana-slovenia-june-2019-TWBYF3.jpg

People's silhouette in Greeting to the sun feature in Zadar

silhouette-of-people-against-an-orange-and-purple-sunset-of-the-greetings-to-the-sun-monument-zadar-croatia-april-2019-W6MWK3.jpg

• Love 2

Love this challenge topic, and have enjoyed viewing all the images so far.  Here are mine:

Winter trees reflecting on the Sunshine Coast, BC.

D9868A.jpg

Kayaks on Galiano Island, BC.

P63N7P.jpg

And the holidays will be here before you know it!

F7HMDM.jpg

• Love 1

'Attention to the Reflection (Urban)' sounds scarily like real photography so I nearly ran away to my safe places but I've noticed plenty of varying interpretations so here's mine:

kettle-drum-reflection-trooping-of-the-colour-in-the-mall-london-ETGCTY.jpg

nick-heidfeld-the-goodwood-festival-of-speed-DAKDHJ.jpg

aerosparx-display-team-flying-silence-twister-aircraft-during-their-K1BCME.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:53, VbFolly said:

1. Royal Holloway College Founders Building reflected in windows of modern college building.

two-female-students-having-a-conversation-on-the-roof-of-the-emily-wilding-davison-building-at-royal-holloway-college-surrey-uk-WXYGN9.jpg

Looks like the young lady on the left is stood on the reflected column. Don't know if you noticed that as you took it or later. Pity you could not have made more of the scene within the scene. Or perhaps you did.😉

It is strange how often this sort of thing happens with my shots but I don't see it till it is in the computer.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Looks like the young lady on the left is stood on the reflected column. Don't know if you noticed that as you took it or later. Pity you could not have made more of the scene within the scene. Or perhaps you did.😉

It is strange how often this sort of thing happens with my shots but I don't see it till it is in the computer.

Allan

Unfortunately, I didn't notice that at the time, Allan! It wasn't possible to move to a better position as there was a sunken garden in the way, and the women soon moved off.

Edited by VbFolly
typo

I was thinking of changing one of mine ... but changed my mind. Fun challenge. For once I have so many options. It's supposed to rain for the next week so I cancelled a trip to take stock photos on Cape Cod, but perhaps I can do some puddle reflections here instead. 😎

Edited by Marianne

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

I was thinking of changing one of mine ... but changed my mind. Fun challenge. For once I have so many options. It's supposed to rain for the next week so I cancelled a trip to take stock photos on Cape Cod, but perhaps I can do some puddle reflections here instead. 😎

Marianne, every upload with a ref. no. above 2A4.... to this competition would mean a "challenge", so feel free to change any of you previous uploads with a newer one. 

And I'd like to say that to everyone involved....

C'mon guys, 5 more days left and the HEAT is on !!!

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Love 1

Gotta say rehi, as I have not been here for a while - work kept me too busy the past year or so. 

Thanks a lot for this challenge and the really great inspiring pictures posted already. 

Here are my three: 

Mirror Ball: 

mirror-ball-on-place-in-cologne-reflecti

Bangkok skyline reflected in pond: 

bangkok-skyline-from-benjakitti-park-F5E

Double Shard, handheld shot: 

the-shard-and-its-reflection-handheld-sh

Edited by hdh
Changed pictures to "Urban" ;)

13 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

I have just realised that I can't help Ognyan with the poll, as we are going away for ten days on the 31st Oct. Is there anyone else who can help with the poll?

I am away as well I am afraid

K