Alamy - Annual report and accounts overdue

10 hours ago, andremichel said:

Do you really have to ask? 

Relating the plans outlined by James West  to the graph it seems we are about to launch into the 'product extension' stage and an upturn in fortunes as Alamy chases after the Tier One agencies and grows revenue.

That's the vision that was sold to me - the reason for the 20% reduction in commission on my non-exclusive images - so I would like to know how things are progressing.

Are things going well, what innovations are taking place, all that sort of stuff. 

Where are we?

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Relating the plans outlined by James West  to the graph it seems we are about to launch into the 'product extension' stage and an upturn in fortunes as Alamy chases after the Tier One agencies and grows revenue.

That's the vision that was sold to me - the reason for the 20% reduction in commission on my non-exclusive images - so I would like to know how things are progressing.

Are things going well, what innovations are taking place, all that sort of stuff. 

Where are we?

I also would like to know how things are progressing.

Currenty I can only use my own experiences so far this year to judge. I have experienced a double hit, with a drop in commision plus a significant drop in gross revenues since James's announcement.

Maybe like with the 2012 commision cut, Alamy's total gross revenues will experience a temporary pickup at some point (product extension?), but like in 2012, it will not benefit us all evenly and may never make up for the large loss in commision we have experienced.  Throw in the 106,000 new images per day into the mix, leading to continued collapse of RPIs, plus continued drop in prices and there is no reason for me to expect individual contributors' overall, will feel anything other than continued long term decline.

Edited by andremichel

On 17/10/2019 at 10:22, M.Chapman said:

I see an amended version of Alamy's 2018 accounts is going to be available within the next few days.

Mark

It seems Alamy needed to clarify the situation with respect to the loan to Many Thing (now called Videoloft)

Screen-Shot-2019-10-21-at-11-27-19.jpg

The effect on net profit seems the same, it still turns a £1M profit into a  £1.3M loss. Presumably this lowers next year's tax bill, but I still find the large increase in dividend payout to the Directors hard to understand given the underlying flat performance and the realisation that they may have made a rather poor investment of £2.3M.

Mark

• Like 2

I get the sense that they have lost interest in stock photography - there isn't the room for innovation, excitement, entrepreneurship that there was - and the business is now a nice earner for its owners but not a top priority. 

The very short tenure of Andy Harding as CEO worried me that something wasn't right. .

• Like 1