Keith's tragic death has certainly changed the way I'll shoot extreme weather in the future. ūüėď

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm late to this, having only just taken a look at the forum in the first time in a little while.

My God, what a terrible shock. Like many, I only knew Keith via these forums, but it feels personal, all the same. So very sorry and condolences to all his friends and family.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been away and just read this.  So sad . A great inspiration to many a photographer. Condolences to Keith’s family.

Just tuned in as well, sincere condolences to family and friends, a tremendous loss....

• Like 1

Arrived back from the north of the UK on Thursday night and only discovered this tragedy yesterday. I am still shell-shocked. I'm sort of an Alamy oldie and have always taken note of his very good advice and comments over the years. For those who are familiar with his words and philosophy it would be a nice tribute to move forward with these in mind to help make us all better Stock photographers.

My sincere condolences to his family and close ones.  

• Like 3

I was shocked and deeply saddened by this tragedy. My sincere condolences to Keith's family and to all those close to him. RIP

On ‚Äé08‚Äé/‚Äé10‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 12:28, Alamy said:

We've published a short blog post in tribute to Keith. Comments are open if you wanted to add your thoughts.

https://www.alamy.com/blog/our-friend-and-talented-photographer-keith-morris

Alamy

Good for Alamy,  I did not know Keith, but had a few Whiskey infused communications with him via the Alamy Forum.

I salute Keith and may his images live on.

Chuck Nacke

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just got back to the UK in the early hours and am completely shocked by this tragic news. 

Please if you do this type of photography take care. No photograph is worth a life.

On 08/10/2019 at 17:28, Alamy said:

We've published a short blog post in tribute to Keith. Comments are open if you wanted to add your thoughts.

https://www.alamy.com/blog/our-friend-and-talented-photographer-keith-morris

Alamy

Only just seen this via the blog after trying to find the discussion page, for a catch up, but found this.

This is really shocking news, my condolences to Keith and his family and friends, I don't know the circumstances, but obviously Keith was a master at stock and live photography with Alamy and was an inspiration to anyone who wanted to do get into stock & live photography. To do what he did for  Alamy and photography in a small town in West Wales is incredible. RIP Keith

• Like 2

So sad.

Paulette

So sorry to hear this. He was such an inspiration. Sincere condolences to his family for their great loss.

A charming last trip. I'm glad to see Keith continuing the tradition of the VW Camper being the choice of transport for so many photographers. The baywindow version seems to have been highjacked a bit by the surfing community but I can live with that. I've had two which have served me well for fifty years. I've just had the later one tidied up and it looks good for many years yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

A charming last trip. I'm glad to see Keith continuing the tradition of the VW Camper being the choice of transport for so many photographers. The baywindow version seems to have been highjacked a bit by the surfing community but I can live with that. I've had two which have served me well for fifty years. I've just had the later one tidied up and it looks good for many years yet.

You will be OK when the new electric one hits the streets.

Allan

Very sad to hear...an inspirational photographer who loved his work & creativity...my condolences to his family and friends

Been absent from the forum for a bit - so shocked to see this news on my return - a great loss

I somehow missed this tragic news. Very sad to read. As a new Alamy photographer, I was inspired by his success and greatly cheered by his commitment to shoot local. I think of him often when shooting my own beach on stormy days. A terrible reminder that the sea can be beautiful but deadly, even to those most familiar with its whims. Very sad. 

Seeing a report on another sale of a photo by Keith I looked to see if there is any new information. No new news but a nice tribute here... https://photoarchivenews.com/news/photographer-keith-morris-dies-aged-61-his-pictures-published-in-the-national-papers-nearly-every-week/

Paulette