Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MDM said:

 

I don't do bench tests but I always do field tests on new lenses and cameras so I know what I can do with them. For sharpness, text is great as long as it extends right across the image but you can't beat a big brick wall for checking out distortion and it can be used to estimate sharpness across the field from a distance as well (the sort of distance at which you might be taking pictures of buildings - most bench tests are done close in and may not be the same at distance). I have a favourite brick wall - a side of a local residential house - which I use whenever I get any new kit. Fortunately so far nobody has come out of the house to ask me what I'm doing. 

 

Hey Mick I do the same thing but use either a brick wall on a building in the industrial estate along the road from me or a nice brick wall in Tesco's car park.

 

I'm surprised I haven't been approached by police or security officers yet.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I'm surprised I haven't been approached by police or security officers yet.

 

Or the other nice young guys.

(The Halloween edition; the original. Or the binge version for a wet Sunday evening. Some very funny renditions.)

 

wim

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

Or the other nice young guys.

(The Halloween edition; the original. Or the binge version for a wet Sunday evening. Some very funny renditions.)

 

wim

 

I gave you a laugh for that. Trouble is you have set me thinking. Perhaps I should have a minder when on the industrial estate. There are always lots of people about at Tesco's.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Hey Mick I do the same thing but use either a brick wall on a building in the industrial estate along the road from me or a nice brick wall in Tesco's car park.

 

I'm surprised I haven't been approached by police or security officers yet.

 

Allan

 

 

Perhaps you don’t look foreign enough. Maybe you should cultivate the Arab look you alluded to once over a coffee with me and Mr K. That should do the trick 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MDM said:

 

Perhaps you don’t look foreign enough. Maybe you should cultivate the Arab look you alluded to once over a coffee with me and Mr K. That should do the trick 😎

 

No thanks. I'll stay invisible.😎

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I cleaned the sensors on all three cameras yesterday, lots of crud.

 

Simply used a blower and now there are only two or three spots left on each.

 

I can live with that.

 

Allan"

 

I priced a simple blower at Jessops yesterday. They had it in a kit with little else for . . . 25 pounds. That's nuts! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

"I cleaned the sensors on all three cameras yesterday, lots of crud.

 

Simply used a blower and now there are only two or three spots left on each.

 

I can live with that.

 

Allan"

 

I priced a simple blower at Jessops yesterday. They had it in a kit with little else for . . . 25 pounds. That's nuts! 

Jessops hasn't been decent value for years.

A rocket blower off ebay for a few pounds will do the job. You'll need a confirmed address for Paypal, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I priced a simple blower at Jessops yesterday

Jessops are in trouble I think, looking to call in the administrators. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.