Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Phil Robinson

Posting Live News to Twitter

Recommended Posts

I've seen other photographers post Live News images on twitter, with a medium-sized preview of the image. When I use the Twitter posting thing, I just get the caption and the link to the image written out. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. The "easy" way is to add "attach" an image (from your local PC, laptop, etc.) when you post a twit.

2. Twits with auto preview image, well it may depend on how the sourced web page is structured, the image will or not appear automatically with the link.

 

IMHO

Andre

Edited by AM Chang
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I've seen other photographers post Live News images on twitter, with a medium-sized preview of the image. When I use the Twitter posting thing, I just get the caption and the link to the image written out. What am I doing wrong?

 

Phil, when I've done this I go the Live News section, select the image, which takes me through to the image preview. Then I cope the URL and post that. Ian Davidson also posts live news onto Twitter - he may be able to explain how he does it better than I can explain what I do :) 

 

Hope it works and that you are having a good day in Downing Street and Westminster today .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AM Chang said:

1. The "easy" way is to add "attach" an image (from your local PC, laptop, etc.) when you post a twitt.

2. Twitts with auto preview image, well it may depend on how the sourced web page is structured, the image will or not appear automatically with the link.

 

IMHO

Andre

 

Its a good idea Andre - but posting that way the image won't contain the Alamy watermark and link (which is good for promoting the image, and possibly attracting a Pic Editor ... ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BidC said:

 

Its a good idea Andre - but posting that way the image won't contain the Alamy watermark and link (which is good for promoting the image, and possibly attracting a Pic Editor ... ).

 

If you right-click on  a zoomed image in Alamy, there is a 'Save Preview Image' option. So you could find your own image on the Live Stream, zoom it, download the preview (which does have the watermark) and then post that to Twitter.

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click on your image set in live news, then click on the image you want to share, below the image you have several options;

Download preview  |  Save to lightbox  |  Add to cart  |  Share

This is the weird bit, beside Share you have two dashes and a circle, click on the second dash, this will bring up the twitter share app, Amend only the caption part to suit then send.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

If you right-click on  a zoomed image in Alamy, there is a 'Save Preview Image' option. So you could find your own image on the Live Stream, zoom it, download the preview (which does have the watermark) and then post that to Twitter.

 

That feature doesn't work in my browser - so I completely forgotten abut it (there are other 'hic cups' too, anotherof which n=being tat can't put a banner on my profile - the feature just won't work ..). 

Thanks for pointing it out :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

That's firefox btw, in chrome the correct icons show up!

 

 

I'm finding Chrome is the only browser I can use on my Mac anymore that works properly with Alamy. I can't do anything re:sharing photos on the forum or online using Safari at all anymore. It's been that way for a few months now. Thanks for the info on sharing in any event. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Marianne said:

 

I'm finding Chrome is the only browser I can use on my Mac anymore that works properly with Alamy. I can't do anything re:sharing photos on the forum or online using Safari at all anymore. It's been that way for a few months now. Thanks for the info on sharing in any event. 

 

 

I thought that was my problem, but its same with Firefox and Chrome. Maybe its the firewall, but in truth I have no idea (just as I have no clue why suddenly PS decides it won't save back to LR !)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.