Posting Live News to Twitter

I've seen other photographers post Live News images on twitter, with a medium-sized preview of the image. When I use the Twitter posting thing, I just get the caption and the link to the image written out. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Love 1

1. The "easy" way is to add "attach" an image (from your local PC, laptop, etc.) when you post a twit.

2. Twits with auto preview image, well it may depend on how the sourced web page is structured, the image will or not appear automatically with the link.

IMHO

Andre

Edited by AM Chang
spelling

17 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I've seen other photographers post Live News images on twitter, with a medium-sized preview of the image. When I use the Twitter posting thing, I just get the caption and the link to the image written out. What am I doing wrong?

Phil, when I've done this I go the Live News section, select the image, which takes me through to the image preview. Then I cope the URL and post that. Ian Davidson also posts live news onto Twitter - he may be able to explain how he does it better than I can explain what I do :) 

Hope it works and that you are having a good day in Downing Street and Westminster today .... 

16 hours ago, AM Chang said:

1. The "easy" way is to add "attach" an image (from your local PC, laptop, etc.) when you post a twitt.

2. Twitts with auto preview image, well it may depend on how the sourced web page is structured, the image will or not appear automatically with the link.

IMHO

Andre

Its a good idea Andre - but posting that way the image won't contain the Alamy watermark and link (which is good for promoting the image, and possibly attracting a Pic Editor ... ).

1 hour ago, BidC said:

Its a good idea Andre - but posting that way the image won't contain the Alamy watermark and link (which is good for promoting the image, and possibly attracting a Pic Editor ... ).

If you right-click on  a zoomed image in Alamy, there is a 'Save Preview Image' option. So you could find your own image on the Live Stream, zoom it, download the preview (which does have the watermark) and then post that to Twitter.

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

If you right-click on  a zoomed image in Alamy, there is a 'Save Preview Image' option. So you could find your own image on the Live Stream, zoom it, download the preview (which does have the watermark) and then post that to Twitter.

That feature doesn't work in my browser - so I completely forgotten abut it (there are other 'hic cups' too, anotherof which n=being tat can't put a banner on my profile - the feature just won't work ..). 

Thanks for pointing it out :) 

2 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

That's firefox btw, in chrome the correct icons show up!

I'm finding Chrome is the only browser I can use on my Mac anymore that works properly with Alamy. I can't do anything re:sharing photos on the forum or online using Safari at all anymore. It's been that way for a few months now. Thanks for the info on sharing in any event. 

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, Marianne said:

I'm finding Chrome is the only browser I can use on my Mac anymore that works properly with Alamy. I can't do anything re:sharing photos on the forum or online using Safari at all anymore. It's been that way for a few months now. Thanks for the info on sharing in any event. 

I thought that was my problem, but its same with Firefox and Chrome. Maybe its the firewall, but in truth I have no idea (just as I have no clue why suddenly PS decides it won't save back to LR !)