9 hours ago, losdemas said:

Knew I'd a similar view of the same subject here before - I'm guessing that it was you that reported it as a sale previously, John?

Nope, it wasn't me. I was alluding to the fact that the Gastown steam clock is probably the most photographed (by tourists, anyway) landmark in Vancouver. 

Edited by John Mitchell

Licensed today: a pint of Dizzy Blonde in a favourite pub (and somehow there seems to be a woman in the flames as well)...

a-pint-of-dizzy-blonde-beer-on-a-pub-table-with-open-fire-in-the-background-D47R0N.jpg
  • Like 2

Brant Point Lighthouse in Nantucket Harbor Harbour, Nantucket Massachusetts USA. This landmark is the shortest lighthouse Stock Photo

1596 x 1062 pixels
331KB compressed
NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

$1.18

(How is an Editorial website novel use? Isn't that in fact a customary Alamy use? Insult to injury, my first micro sale of the day earned me more than this)

UK but as it's web no help with DACS either. 😕

I came back to add the camera used. My Nikon D700. Not sure if it was my 20mm lens or my 24-70mm.

Great memories of that trip. Actually, that one day is the most I've made from a single day's shooting stock. It was on Nantucket - you can only get there by boat or plane. I want to go back Taken in 2010, traveling with two non-photographer friends, so I shot a lot less than usual and got my photos processed and up. A lesson not yet learned. Still trying to shoot less when I travel. 

Edited by Marianne

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

Brant Point Lighthouse in Nantucket Harbor Harbour, Nantucket Massachusetts USA. This landmark is the shortest lighthouse Stock Photo

1596 x 1062 pixels
331KB compressed
NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

$1.18

(How is an Editorial website novel use? Isn't that in fact a customary Alamy use? Insult to injury, my first micro sale of the day earned me more than this)

UK but as it's web no help with DACS either. 😕

I came back to add the camera used. My Nikon D700. Not sure if it was my 20mm lens or my 24-70mm.

Great memories of that trip. Actually, that one day is the most I've made from a single day's shooting stock. It was on Nantucket - you can only get there by boat or plane. I want to go back Taken in 2010, traveling with two non-photographer friends, so I shot a lot less than usual and got my photos processed and up. A lesson not yet learned. Still trying to shoot less when I travel. 

Ah, Marianne, I'm surprised you don't know about this outfit. A number of us left NU because of it. My two sales there were $1.23 and $1.24 so they are even falling a bit. Such a shame. I agree that I didn't expect this travel website when I signed up for Novel Use. I am out now.

Paulette

The tomb of Ramses IV in the Valley of the Kings, Egypt (Nikon D700 and 17-35mm zoom).  For a nice $$$ but thru a French distributor, magazine use.

africa-middle-east-egypt-egyptian-tomb-of-ramses-iv-valley-of-the-C3NHC1.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 2

My 4th Presention/Newsletter of the month. 

FR13HK.jpg

16 year old Bella Lack at a London anti whaling protest, second sale of this image. 

RM, $$, Country: Worldwide, Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 2 years, Industry sector: Media, design & publishing, Start: 17 September 2019, End: 17 September 2021

london-uk-26th-january-2019-london-protest-against-the-intended-resumption-of-whaling-by-japanthe-japanese-government-recently-backed-out-of-an-international-agreement-banning-commercial-whaling-campaigners-rally-at-cavendish-square-for-the-march-to-the-japanese-embassy-pictured-16-year-old-bella-lack-ambassador-for-born-free-credit-stephen-bellalamy-live-news-RFTJ26.jpg

San Jose, California USA. 18th May, 2013. Cosplayer dressed as Fearless Dawn at the Big Wow ComicFest comic book festival held at the San Jose Convention Center. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Finland, Web, One month

san-jose-usa-18th-may-2013-the-big-wow-c

• Like 1

My boy many years ago.  RF sale to France for a book use.  Mid $$

A 7 year old boy holds a red balloon over his head and static electricity pulls his hair towards the balloon Stock Photo

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 01-August-2019 ; End: 01-August-2024

Fee - censored 😬

wind-turbine-on-farm-with-cattle-co-durh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the-wreck-of-ss-american-star-playa-de-g

One of the six images of this ship (American Star) which sold yesterday. Personel use.

• Like 2

Single Isolated Joshua Tree,   Single $  (maybe $ per tree, did I need more trees?)

lone-isolated-joshua-tree-and-scenic-des

Bromelia Balansae, a Species in the Genus Bromelia, Colorful Tropical Flower Close up Macro in Tropical Rainforest near Baracoa Cuba.   MId $$

bromelia-balansae-a-species-in-the-genus

• Like 1

Two of 20 (RM used twice) that dropped in today.  All the same terms and prices.

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-August-2019 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

Mid $

For the front cover main shot and also inside

Pale salmon pink Schizostylis, Hesperantha coccinea 'Fenland Daybreak' in a Plymouth garden Stock Photo

Not happy.  I made the front cover of this publication in 2015 and got $$$. Times haven't changed that much. 🥵

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Two of 20 (RM used twice) that dropped in today.  All the same terms and prices.

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-August-2019 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

Mid $

For the front cover main shot and also inside

Pale salmon pink Schizostylis, Hesperantha coccinea 'Fenland Daybreak' in a Plymouth garden Stock Photo

Not happy.  I made the front cover of this publication in 2015 and got $$$. Times haven't changed that much. 🥵

I'd call that a travesty, even a tragedy. 😞

Always nice to find your image in unexpected places:
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
32 MB
4100 x 2728 pixels
1 MB compressed
Start: 17 September 2019
End: 17 September 2024
$$

The end product is err... 'heavily photoshopped' by Coldwarsteve.com

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=9C994BA4-3730-47C6-8B39-476894B3F321

cws-sm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Multiple educational editorial use, upper $$, direct, exclusive to Alamy

Homelessness in Vancouver, Canada

homeless-man-sleeping-on-a-sidewalk-grat

• Upvote 1

Lowish $$ distributor sale, second licence of this image by Alamy

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Puzzles
Print run: up to 1,000
Start: 01 August 2019
End: 01 August 2022

terrestrial-hermit-crab-coenobita-brevimanus-using-a-red-bottle-cap-K2F6KF.jpg

• Like 1

PDXPA4 mid $, from Hebden Bridge protest 11/08/18, second sale from same shoot, plus another found in the Sun but no sale notified yet.

Country: United Kingdom, Usage: Editorial, Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic, Print run: up to 500,000, Placement: Inside, Image Size: 1 page, Start: 01 August 2019, Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

Hebden Bridge, UK. 11th August 2018. Rally to ban grouse shooting held in Hebden BridgeÕs St GeorgeÕs Square. The nearby uplands are let out by Yorkshire Water to grouse shooters who are accused of decimating the wildlife for sport by trap and gun, burning large sections of heather to increase game bird numbers and decimating blanket bog and contributing to flooding in the valley. The protesters urged Yorkshire Water to stop leasing land above the town for grouse shooting. The protest was organised by The League Against Cruel Sports and Ban Bloodsports on YorkshireÕs Moors. Credit: Stephen Bel Stock Photo

The Leadenhall Building exterior, London Stock Photo

Low $$

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 18 September 2019
End: 18 September 2024

Edited by sooth

9 hours ago, Scenebyrail said:

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
32 MB
4100 x 2728 pixels
1 MB compressed
$$

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=9C994BA4-3730-47C6-8B39-476894B3F321

cws-sm.jpg

I've had the same (slightly dubious) distinction...

imaginative-vandalism-of-branch-of-greggs-the-bakers-england-uk-EWWHRA-1.jpg

DwFe7fwX0AApTme-1.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scenebyrail said:

32 MB
4100 x 2728 pixels
1 MB compressed
$$

cws-sm.jpg

Coldwarsteve better be careful, he may be breaching copyright laws.

Using your entire copyrighted image without permission in a photomontage may not be advisable !

This is what DACS has to say..

One of four sales that came in yesterday from a German distributor.  The month start slowly but now sales are coming in...too bad they are mostly from distributors, still happy to have them tho.

This one taken at a lodge in Banff Alberta, Canada.  For a travel brochure for mid $$.

CANADA Alberta Banff Banff National Park Lake Louise Deer Lodge interior lounge sitting area Stock Photo

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 August 2019
End: 01 August 2020

RM, exclusive, distribution sale. Medium $$

scubadiver-with-torch-a-cardinalfishapog

Scubadiver with torch, a cardinalfish (Apogon imberbis) shoal and a moray eel (Muraena helena) at La Plataforma wreck (Formentera, Balearic Islands, Spain)

These two dropped in this morning, both for a low $$

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Utilizzo in presentazione/conferenza (ad es. Powerpoint e Keynote) o in una newsletter editoriale.
Start: 19 September 2019
End: 19 September 2024

PJ0B0W.jpg

PJ0B0X.jpg