How was your August 2019?

On 03/09/2019 at 19:06, Robert Convery said:

People should be encouraged to post on the forum, only a tiny number contribute.

It's easy not to click on the link in Brazilnut's post.

hardly the point is it

why not include links to Premier league results or latest Brexit news 

in fact we could all include links 

15 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Happens most months.  I'd rather get the sales earlier in the month but, alas, it doesn't happen like that.

Doesn't happen at any time of the month  for me anymore. Its pants.

Edited by Marb

17 hours ago, Marb said:

Doesn't happen at any time of the month  for me anymore. Its pants.

Marb, might be worth going back through all your keywords, I had a quick look at the first page or two of your portfolio and some obvious keywords are missing. I'd include the latin names of plants or animals as in your frog photos T084W7 and T0NNTM, and in TRCMT4 and TRCMTG it should be 'loaves' rather than 'loafes'.

regards

Alan

Edited by AlanW
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, AlanW said:

Marb, might be worth going back through all your keywords, I had a quick look at the first page or two of your portfolio and some obvious keywords are missing. I'd include the latin names of plants or animals as in your frog photos T084W7 and T0NNTM, and in TRCMT4 and TRCMTG if should be 'loaves' rather than 'loafes'.

regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, will check that but I do tend to add all keywords to my plants when uploading. I really don't think keywording is the issue causing the poor sales slump though, especially when I was getting better sales in previous months with less images..

Edited by Marb
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2019 at 11:58, Brasilnut said:

Alamy doesn't exist in a vacuum in this industry.

In other words, what's going on elsewhere, including microstock-land, has a direct impact on results here. 

I do occasionally read your blog and find it entertaining. At times it feels more like "The Rose tinted guide to microstock photography" but maybe that is more of a reflection of how I currently see this industry. You certainly have amazing enthusiasm and work very hard for modest returns.

• Like 1

New here hoping to make some sales of my 40,000+ portfolio. I have to go through them all. I have most of my photos on my Smugmug backup site. Mostly sport action and Special events in the Wisconsin area. 

On 10/09/2019 at 15:27, andremichel said:

I do occasionally read your blog and find it entertaining. At times it feels more like "The Rose tinted guide to microstock photography" but maybe that is more of a reflection of how I currently see this industry. You certainly have amazing enthusiasm and work very hard for modest returns.

Thanks! I try to spice things up with the "Turd Agency of the Month Awards". 

Alamy has so far escaped this coveted club....

Agree about the modest returns 😕 I'm cautiously optimistic on the 4K video sales.