2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

This thread runs every month on the Alamy forum and it is about sales on Alamy. There are plenty of places where you can read about sales on all sorts of microstock sites. I don't contribute to any microstock site and have no interest in reading about them. Indeed, posting information about Alamy competitors is against forum rules. That is why we have to resort to using initials etc.

That's great that you found the blog useful but that is not the point of this monthly Alamy sales thread.

If you had read it, you would have found that it is not only about microstock sites.     

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I found Brazilnut's blog interesting too and welcomed its posting (as a discrete link) in this thread. It's then up to forum members whether they click on the link and read it. If you don't like it, don't click on the link.

Mark

Well I do need to apologise. I have obviously misunderstood the purpose of these monthly Alamy sales threads. I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

But clearly I am wrong. So I apologise.

• Upvote 1

3 for $33, worst month since I rejoined in 2015.

After a reasonable couple of months prices have once again nosedived. Totally not worth the time and effort.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Well I do need to apologise. I have obviously misunderstood the purpose of these monthly Alamy sales threads. I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

People should be encouraged to post on the forum, only a tiny number contribute.

It's easy not to click on the link in Brazilnut's post.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Straight to the point....... ....$174 from 9.

Zooms were good.

• Like 1

3 last month for $134. And, after my best month ever for zooms in July, only the 1 in August, right at the end of the month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

Alamy doesn't exist in a vacuum in this industry.

In other words, what's going on elsewhere, including microstock-land, has a direct impact on results here. 

• Upvote 6

2 sales for $91 in August

meh, could be worse

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Alamy doesn't exist in a vacuum in this industry.

In other words, what's going on elsewhere, including microstock-land, has a direct impact on results here. 

Perhaps it's time for a separate "How was your month on the Dark Side?" thread. 🙃

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Reasonably happy - 30 sales - average licence $25!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geogphotos said:

No need to apologise. If Brazilnut had pasted his entire August blog rather than just a link, then I'd have the same views as you. But a discrete "click on it if you want to" link seemed quite appropriate. August's thread is still quite concise. In fact, the discussions over the rights and wrongs of posting a link has probably been more of a distraction than the link itself... Oops...  Sorry... :)

Mark

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

No need to apologise. If Brazilnut had pasted his entire August blog rather than just a link, then I'd have the same views as you. But a discrete "click on it if you want to" link seemed quite appropriate. August's thread is still quite concise. In fact, the discussions over the rights and wrongs of posting a link has probably been more of a distraction than the link itself... Oops...  Sorry... :)

Mark

That does sum up my point rather neatly. 

• Confused 3
  • Downvote 1

It's good and encouraging to see that some are doing well here. I must admit to being slightly disappointed with only three sales when another agency where I only have 400 images produced a greater return from three sales there and paid out.

• Like 1

91 images sold/licenced in August...slightly up on the three-month rolling average.

Prices in line with what others are reporting

km

• Like 1

3 for 45 gross (inc. two 'presentation' licences)

Really in a quandary. Making pennies in other places and considering putting everything here if only to recover the 20% lost a few months back, but is it all worth the hassle anymore?  Decisions, decisions...

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jan Brown said:

Is it my imagination or have you more than doubled your port in recent weeks? :o

Your imagination....I've added no more than a hundred - all via LiveNews - since the end of July...

km

Edited by RedSnapper

3 hours ago, losdemas said:

Really in a quandary. Making pennies in other places and considering putting everything here if only to recover the 20% lost a few months back, but is it all worth the hassle anymore?  Decisions, decisions...

The majority of my images are exclusive to Alamy. But some of the more "commerical" images which I don't think will do so well on Alamy I put elsewhere and also nearly every image that I shoot on my phone.

On 04/09/2019 at 12:14, losdemas said:

I was wondering the very opposite, as I'm consistently earning much more in my 'other place', but I've lost my positioning for new images. Still while seriously concerned that only six files I've uploaded there out of 66 since I restarted reloading there in Jan have sold, not one of a couple of hundred I've uploaded here in that time has sold.

Still, who knows what's round the corner?

I'm still wondering if Alamy is trying to position itself much more in the LiveNews sector than the 'secondary editorial' sector.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I'm still wondering if Alamy is trying to position itself much more in the LiveNews sector than the 'secondary editorial' sector.

Alamy is still, in my experience, a solid secondary editorial player

Of my 90+ sales last month, 80-ish were general stock, 10 were Live News

km

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Alamy is still, in my experience, a solid secondary editorial player

Of my 90+ sales last month, 80-ish were general stock, 10 were Live News

km

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Must be business as usual, some people I know were finding the opposite. Swings and roundabouts!

On 01/09/2019 at 07:56, Colblimp said:

Sales were OK with 12, but revenue was pretty poor with a mere €339 gross.  However, I'm staying positive and looking forward to whatever September brings! 😁

I thought you said in another post that you had no sales last month.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

If you click on a contributor name you can see their posts in reverse chronological order, from which it seems you must have been thinking of someone else.

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

If you click on a contributor name you can see their posts in reverse chronological order, from which it seems you must have been thinking of someone else.

I think the thread was deleted for some unknown reason as I can't find it..

5 hours ago, Marb said:

I said I had no sales up until about the 28th of the month.