How was your August 2019?

19 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Well I do need to apologise. I have obviously misunderstood the purpose of these monthly Alamy sales threads. I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

But clearly I am wrong. So I apologise.

People should be encouraged to post on the forum, only a tiny number contribute.

It's easy not to click on the link in Brazilnut's post.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

Alamy doesn't exist in a vacuum in this industry.

In other words, what's going on elsewhere, including microstock-land, has a direct impact on results here. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Alamy doesn't exist in a vacuum in this industry.

In other words, what's going on elsewhere, including microstock-land, has a direct impact on results here. 

Perhaps it's time for a separate "How was your month on the Dark Side?" thread. 🙃

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Well I do need to apologise. I have obviously misunderstood the purpose of these monthly Alamy sales threads. I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

No need to apologise. If Brazilnut had pasted his entire August blog rather than just a link, then I'd have the same views as you. But a discrete "click on it if you want to" link seemed quite appropriate. August's thread is still quite concise. In fact, the discussions over the rights and wrongs of posting a link has probably been more of a distraction than the link itself... Oops...  Sorry... :)

Mark

• Love 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

No need to apologise. If Brazilnut had pasted his entire August blog rather than just a link, then I'd have the same views as you. But a discrete "click on it if you want to" link seemed quite appropriate. August's thread is still quite concise. In fact, the discussions over the rights and wrongs of posting a link has probably been more of a distraction than the link itself... Oops...  Sorry... :)

Mark

That does sum up my point rather neatly. 

• Dislike 1

It's good and encouraging to see that some are doing well here. I must admit to being slightly disappointed with only three sales when another agency where I only have 400 images produced a greater return from three sales there and paid out.

• Love 1

3 for 45 gross (inc. two 'presentation' licences)

Really in a quandary. Making pennies in other places and considering putting everything here if only to recover the 20% lost a few months back, but is it all worth the hassle anymore?  Decisions, decisions...

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Jan Brown said:

Is it my imagination or have you more than doubled your port in recent weeks? :o

Your imagination....I've added no more than a hundred - all via LiveNews - since the end of July...

km

Edited by RedSnapper

3 hours ago, losdemas said:

Really in a quandary. Making pennies in other places and considering putting everything here if only to recover the 20% lost a few months back, but is it all worth the hassle anymore?  Decisions, decisions...

The majority of my images are exclusive to Alamy. But some of the more "commerical" images which I don't think will do so well on Alamy I put elsewhere and also nearly every image that I shoot on my phone.

On 04/09/2019 at 12:14, losdemas said:

I was wondering the very opposite, as I'm consistently earning much more in my 'other place', but I've lost my positioning for new images. Still while seriously concerned that only six files I've uploaded there out of 66 since I restarted reloading there in Jan have sold, not one of a couple of hundred I've uploaded here in that time has sold.

Still, who knows what's round the corner?

I'm still wondering if Alamy is trying to position itself much more in the LiveNews sector than the 'secondary editorial' sector.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I'm still wondering if Alamy is trying to position itself much more in the LiveNews sector than the 'secondary editorial' sector.

Alamy is still, in my experience, a solid secondary editorial player

Of my 90+ sales last month, 80-ish were general stock, 10 were Live News

km

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Alamy is still, in my experience, a solid secondary editorial player

Of my 90+ sales last month, 80-ish were general stock, 10 were Live News

km

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Must be business as usual, some people I know were finding the opposite. Swings and roundabouts!

On 01/09/2019 at 07:56, Colblimp said:

Sales were OK with 12, but revenue was pretty poor with a mere €339 gross.  However, I'm staying positive and looking forward to whatever September brings! 😁

I thought you said in another post that you had no sales last month.

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

If you click on a contributor name you can see their posts in reverse chronological order, from which it seems you must have been thinking of someone else.

I think the thread was deleted for some unknown reason as I can't find it..

On 05/09/2019 at 19:16, Cryptoprocta said:

Still while seriously concerned that only six files I've uploaded there out of 66 since I restarted reloading there in Jan have sold, not one of a couple of hundred I've uploaded here in that time has sold.

Still, who knows what's round the corner?

Who indeed? My first sale of the month popped in and it was one I'd taken this year after the Alamy social meetup in Edinburgh. 🙂

On 03/09/2019 at 18:43, geogphotos said:

That what i thought this thread was for too