How was your August 2019?

37 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Interesting to me is that your net Alamy income is the same as mine, but over at that evil other place you have more than twice my net income.  Maybe it's video.  Maybe I just need to wait for my Port' to "mature".

My only decent-ish sales over there have been video clips. I've actually had a Payout! However, I've not shot any new clips for quite some time, and my old ones have now disappeared into the depths. Sadly, I think that what "maturing" means in the MS world is that portfolios just get buried in the continuous landslide. Hopefully I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Reimar said:

Interesting to me is that your net Alamy income is the same as mine, but over at that evil other place you have more than twice my net income.  Maybe it's video.  Maybe I just need to wait for my Port' to "mature".

Yes, give it some more time. 

Video accounts for only about 1/4 of my income on that agency but rising every month. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geogphotos said:

No, I stopped reading after the begging started.

I sincerely doubt that there would be any valuable tips for me.

Should have placed the "begging" in the end of the report :D 

Perhaps the Alamy Personal Usage update would be of interest. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

52 for a gross of $909. One $$$ for $128

Sounds good until you realise that in terms of numbers this is my worst month since Feb. 2017, and regarding gross income, my worst month since April 2011.

July was also substantially below average

Reasons? Not the time of the year as July/Aug usually among my best months

Reduced buying due to Brexit uncertainty?

More behind the scene changes by Alamy?

GOK.

Glad to see many others are reporting good results for them, though,  so onward!

Kumar

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

11 sales for $276 gross, so just below both averages.

Best $86, worst $4. 3 of my 4 highest sales this month, including the best, were distributor sales.

Views very poor, zooms only a bit better.

John.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

52 for a gross of $909. One $$$ for $128

Sounds good until you realise that in terms of numbers this is my worst month since Feb. 2017, and regarding gross income, my worst month since April 2011.

July was also substantially below average

Reasons? Not the time of the year as July/Aug usually among my best months

Reduced buying due to Brexit uncertainty?

More behind the scene changes by Alamy?

GOK.

Glad to see many others are reporting good results for them, though,  so onward!

Kumar

Alamy more or less forecast difficult times ahead at the time of the royalty cut. They obviously new something was about to give. Whether that was Brexit or internal Alamy business decisions, we can only guess at.

38 licences for $962 gross.  Only two months were worse for volume in rolling year but four months were worse for gross return. I'm generally finding values reducing this year with more and more $ sales and fewer $$$ sales in spite of being mainly exclusive here.  Some $ sales to magazines which I think is unacceptable but what can we do?  I'm out of NU but in newspaper scheme. I lost access to live news uploads so no hope there.

Pearl

• Love 2

17 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Should have placed the "begging" in the end of the report :D 

Perhaps the Alamy Personal Usage update would be of interest. 

I thought it was a very interesting blog which any photographer could learn something from.   

• Like 7

6 for $617.62 gross.  Only one distributor sale and thankfully it was the smallest, anyway for $6 something. Highest $250. I like the average of close to $103. Without the distributor sale, the average would be around $122.

All exclusive.

Betty

• Love 4

10 hours ago, marc said:

I thought it was a very interesting blog which any photographer could learn something from.   

This thread runs every month on the Alamy forum and it is about sales on Alamy. There are plenty of places where you can read about sales on all sorts of microstock sites. I don't contribute to any microstock site and have no interest in reading about them. Indeed, posting information about Alamy competitors is against forum rules. That is why we have to resort to using initials etc.

That's great that you found the blog useful but that is not the point of this monthly Alamy sales thread.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 6

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

This thread runs every month on the Alamy forum and it is about sales on Alamy. There are plenty of places where you can read about sales on all sorts of microstock sites. I don't contribute to any microstock site and have no interest in reading about them. Indeed, posting information about Alamy competitors is against forum rules. That is why we have to resort to using initials etc.

That's great that you found the blog useful but that is not the point of this monthly Alamy sales thread.

I found Brazilnut's blog interesting too and welcomed its posting (as a discrete link) in this thread. It's then up to forum members whether they click on the link and read it. If you don't like it, don't click on the link.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 2
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

If you had read it, you would have found that it is not only about microstock sites.     

• Love 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I found Brazilnut's blog interesting too and welcomed its posting (as a discrete link) in this thread. It's then up to forum members whether they click on the link and read it. If you don't like it, don't click on the link.

Mark

Well I do need to apologise. I have obviously misunderstood the purpose of these monthly Alamy sales threads. I had thought that it was an opportunity to make a brief post so that we could compare numbers and work out something about what was going on at Alamy. 

But clearly I am wrong. So I apologise.

• Like 1