How was your August 2019?

I'll start off for this month. August was a bit better than the past 2 months, 5 licences, gross $398.08. One higher than mid $$$ and two high $$. One was a small distributor sale and the two larger sales were exclusive. CTR going well @ 1.16.

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 1

August turned out to be my best month this year with 22 sales for $1181 gross. Both sales and revenue have been trending upward for me during the past few months. I like to think that it has something to do with Alamy's move to increased exclusivity. Whatever the cause, I'm certainly not complaining, just enjoying the ride. Who knows what next month will bring...

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 5
  • Like 2

Sales were OK with 12, but revenue was pretty poor with a mere €339 gross.  However, I'm staying positive and looking forward to whatever September brings! 😁

Edited by Colblimp
  • Love 1

18 sales which is higher than last year's average, but poor prices with overall gross down on last year's average. Best $88, but too many low $$ and one so small that I can barely detect it. Throw in a couple of distributor sales and there's not much to write home about.  

However, zooms peaked at over 60 at one stage so perhaps all is not lost.

4 sales for $105 gross, $52 net. A poor month for me. Hopefully things will pick up now the holidays have finished.

Wasn't helped by a PU sale that was refunded. Hi res download for free? Or did they really think they were buying a box of tablets? Mmmm...

Mark

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

August turned out to be my best month this year with 22 sales for $1181 gross. Both sales and revenue have been trending upward for me during the past few months. I like to think that it has something to do with Alamy's move to increased exclusivity. Whatever the cause, I'm certainly not complaining, just enjoying the ride. Who knows what next month will bring...

Nice one John, you're clearly doing something right!

22 sales for $267. Highest number of sales ever, and also zooms, but poor average revenue. Many of them were personal use licenses, which are only about $11 in the UK. Highest was $32, and that was a distributor sale. Hoping to get some higher price sales soon - it's been a couple of months now with all low prices.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

No sales, no zooms. Obviously street photography and stock photography are two different things. :) 

Jani, your main problem is that you're new with Alamy. If you stay with it and contribute regularly you should see results.

With me, the number of sales in August were average but the prices were weak. 

Edo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex Ramsay said:

26 for $814 gross - a healthy average for me. Looking on the bright side, the Brexit idiocy means that the exchange rate will be favourable too.

Alex

That's a great result. I hope you don't mind, but I just clicked on your image number to get an idea of what you are photographing, and noticed an error in your lizard identification towards the bottom of the first page - Image W5AD6B - it is actually a sand lizard (Lacerta agilis). I recognised it straightaway as I am a reptile surveyor and we have them in my area of southern England.

An improved month for me with 8 sales up into the $$$ area. This is despite 5 PU sales (suspicious - looks like someone is doing an article!) and a distribution item. One good $$$ sale helped it along. A significant increase in zooms and CTR and views holding up. 

Jim :)

Fewer sales than July (which was a good month) but volume comparing well with previous months.

Saying that, the first two weeks of August were almost non-existent.

July average was just over $40, August down to $33. Almost 25% of sales were under $10. 😞

In all, slightly below average, but pleased that sales picked up from week 3.

Even worse than July and June. 4 sales for $18.37 net. Shame my effort last year was wrongly directed. Now external events mean I have very little time, and that in little pockets not of my choosing, so I should probably accept that I can't upload anything likely to be of use for the foreseeable future.

Now, 66% through the year, I'm at 73% of last year's downloads (the year began relatively well for me) but 52.5% of last year's gross earnings. (all files de facto exclusive)

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Love 1