Capturing Your Cuisine

I find it rare to have an opportunity like that, Bill. And I use 24mm to do a lot of my tabletop pics. I do shoot a lot of alfresco stuff. And snapping away in supermarkets is surprisingly worthwhile. 

EXKD3G.jpg

H29HED.jpg

Didn’t take any pictures of the peach cobbler. While it was fresh out of the oven and still bubbling, I filled two bowls and dashed over with them to share with my daughter. She lives about 3 miles from me.

I looked, and I already had shots of a previous peach cobbler.

So what...I’m lazy today. Maybe just tired. Or....maybe I forgot in my haste to eat it! 😏

Betty

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Just curious, Mark -- did they do Parmesan on your pasta in Bologna?

And did you eat any of their horse meat? 

I'm sure it was offered but I don't think I used any- certainly not for the pic. It was very well flavoured as-is.

Horse? No, couldn't stretch to that and it seems pretty rare these days. A friend had some last time we went to Treviso, but only really as a garnish, a few reddish strands.

I do recall a "carne di cavallo" stall in Padua market though, but that was back in 2010.

On my street in Rome, in Trastevere (the Via Benedetta), there was a cavallo butcher in 1965. Before we figured out the sign's meaning, we wondered why the beef had so little fat in it. 

Here's some pasta with nothing on it. 

JRPCGH.jpg

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

On 25/08/2019 at 18:28, Ed Rooney said:

On my street in Rome, in Trastevere (the Via Benedetta), there was a cavallo butcher in 1965. Before we figured out the sign's meaning, we wondered why the beef had so little fat in it. 

Here's some pasta with nothing on it. 

JRPCGH.jpg

You might want to cook that for a bit longer...

2 hours ago, Lisa said:

Drinking Thatchers apple cider at a pub at Stow-on-the-Wold, The Cotswolds, England UK

drinking-thatchers-apple-cider-at-a-pub-

You don't happen to be in "The Porch House" do you?

Allan

2 hours ago, Lisa said:

Drinking Thatchers apple cider at a pub at Stow-on-the-Wold, The Cotswolds, England UK

Mmm

FYI cider is only made from apples. We don't qualify the term. There is an unfortunate modern tendency for some brewers to call perry "pear cider" but it isn't cider.

17 hours ago, Lisa said:

The Talbot.

Ah! OK. Thanks. When I was there "The Porch House" seemed to be OK but food a tad expensive for a poor photographer.

Allan

• Love 1