What I get from this thread is that the content of the Live News feed has not changed in quality or subject matter,  while the majority of contributors, many of whom did use it specifically and carefully the way the rules suggested, have been excluded from contributing.

So if the intent was to pat a select few on the head and make them special it is a huge success.  If the intent was to improve the quality a total fail.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

20 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

Alamy gives agencies a free pass on pretty much everything: individual contributors are treated as second-class citizens in that respect.

You've hit the nail on the head.

• Upvote 1

On 21/08/2019 at 06:07, sb photos said:

You've hit the nail on the head.

Well someone has to be the hammer, and I'm expendable.

On 19/08/2019 at 20:49, BidC said:

Not worth doing, as it will penalise you s far as Live News is concerned, and you risk that your privileges are removed (ie you can no longer submit to LN)

Sorry late response, I agree to do it deliberately to avoid QC is not worth it, but it is fact nevertheless.

• Upvote 1

On 20/08/2019 at 05:56, Chuck Nacke said:

I would also suggest that Alamy let some of the contributing agencies know that they are

responsible for editing and selecting "Their News images."

Chuck

Yes, they probably should. Do the contributing agencies care? Nope. Do Alamy care? Not sure. I suspect these tons of images, particular those from the Chinese agencies,  often pretty shots and fitting Alamy's 'stock and a bit of soft news weather decorative prettiness on the side' concept down to the tee. Taken in via news to further bolster stock numbers, nothing else. Just my view.

I do miss Live News access. Recently dropped into two events, Triathlon and Kite Flying, where the images could have been immediately uploaded. Instead the images of the cycling part of the event were uploaded afterwards, and the kite flyers are still waiting to be processed and uploaded.

Krisken

13 hours ago, Krisken said:

I do miss Live News access. Recently dropped into two events, Triathlon and Kite Flying, where the images could have been immediately uploaded. Instead the images of the cycling part of the event were uploaded afterwards, and the kite flyers are still waiting to be processed and uploaded.

Krisken

I read many people have contacted Alamy and asked for Live News access if they feel particular event they are attending would be worth filing .... 

• Upvote 2