A PU:

classic-lambretta-motor-scooter-riding-past-arches-cafes-at-the-southend-shakedown-resurrection-motorcycle-rally-event-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-T5D4TK.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My images of travel icons never seem to sell, so was happy to see this sale drop in this morning (Nikon D700). An IQ Educational Editorial use for mid-$$

egypt-giza-the-great-pyramids-and-the-sphinx-B9WCKG.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 1

Only my second sale this month:

A group of Ayrshire milk cattle with their owners competing at a cattle show. Stock Photo

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ; 

Print run: up to 10,000 ; 

Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-July-2019 ;

End: 01-July-2024

Net: $3.60 😞

Use in a UK magazine.

Belmont Row area, a rundown area awaiting development as part of the Eastside regeneration project in Birmingham, Stock Photo

Belmont Row area, a rundown area awaiting development as part of the Eastside regeneration project in Birmingham, UK.

• Like 1

Usage:  iQ sale: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years

welford-park-country-house-well-known-as

Welford Park country house, well known as the location for The Great British Bake Off TV show

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/FKA2AW/lake-habeeb-in-rocky-gap-state-park-near-cumberland-maryland-totally-FKA2AW.jpg

Lake Habeeb in Rocky Gap State Park near Cumberland Maryland. Totally quiet the day after Labor Day weekend. (Almost that time of year again! 😎)

US Book. Mid $$.

wim

Posted (edited)

Multiple editorial use, IQ sale, UK, mid $$, exclusive to Alamy

I shot this near where I live, but on the wealthier side of the tracks...

for-sale-sign-and-luxury-car-parked-outs

Edited by John Mitchell

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size

Anttila Lahti Warehouse Stock Photo

Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC Drive Thru logo. Craigleith Retail Park, South Groathill Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe. 

kentucky-fried-chicken-kfc-drive-thru-logo-craigleith-retail-park-KM3W47.jpg

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 2 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 22 August 2019
End: 22 August 2021

• Like 1

A welcome print/web live news $$$ sale:

the-hot-heatwave-weather-has-brought-people-to-southend-to-enjoy-the-beaches-the-estuary-as-a-boy-jumps-into-the-river-thames-W11JF2.jpg

• Like 2

I thought I had mostly deleted abstract background type images from very early uploads, before I really knew what was likely to sell, but just sold this one. Only $5 of course.

smoothed-black-lava-pebbles-on-beach-in-

• Like 1

I shouldn't be pleased about this license (because of low $ plus terms) but I am because it's an insect! 

Wildlife is hard enough to sell but don't mention insects! And it's the third insect sale this month!! 

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-July-2019 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

C80ACD.jpg 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I shouldn't be pleased about this license (because of low $ plus terms) but I am because it's an insect! 

Wildlife is hard enough to sell but don't mention insects! And it's the third insect sale this month!! 

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-July-2019 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

It's interesting that you say that. I also do a lot of wildlife photography, and my experience is that insect photos sell well, especially butterflies, but other wildlife particularly birds rarely sell. I think there are so many great bird photographers in the UK that it's very hard to compete.

Just now, VbFolly said:

It's interesting that you say that. I also do a lot of wildlife photography, and my experience is that insect photos sell well, especially butterflies, but other wildlife particularly birds rarely sell. I think there are so many great bird photographers in the UK that it's very hard to compete.

Yes interesting. Birds used to be my number one selling subject when I was heavily into it. Birds from all over the world, I did many trips abroad just for bird photography. For some reason, these have dried up. Buyers might prefer more recent shots.

Perhaps I was a bit pessimistic. I just checked my Inverts and Insects sales so far (since 2003): 65 . I find that ants seem to sell the best. Green ants, leaf-cutter ants. Also butterflies, spiders.

Lately I have been mainly shooting landscapes and made an effort to also photograph people.

Side note: I see you're from Hampshire. I used to live near Haslemere before moving to Australia.

Gen

I have seen some of your amazing bird photos in the images sold thread, Gen. It's a shame if your sales of exotic birds are drying up. It shouldn't really matter when they were shot, but I guess they just drop down the searches a bit as they get older.

I have also tried to diversify a bit more to improve sales. It's working to some extent - I'm getting more sales, but as my photos are mainly in the UK, the prices are often very low. I think I need to travel more.

I know Haslemere - it's only about half an hour away from me.

Gillian

Posted (edited)

This just licensed for a princely mid $ to a UK magazine (inside or cover) with a circulation of 500K.

At least I didn't have to venture farther than my own backyard to photograph it.

close-up-of-peony-plant-leaves-infected-

Edited by John Mitchell

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

This just licensed for a princely mid $ to a UK magazine (inside or cover) with a circulation of 500K.

At least I didn't have to venture farther than my own backyard to photograph it.

close-up-of-peony-plant-leaves-infected-

It seems to be the same client as my insect. Same terms.

11 minutes ago, gvallee said:

It seems to be the same client as my insect. Same terms.

Yes, we seem to be going down the same spiraling path to riches. 🙃

• Like 1

Second time sold in 8 days. No idea why...     Royalty-free    Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use.

I don't know how you define $ or $$ or $$$, but this one probably falls in the $$ range.

a-group-of-small-motor-boats-cruise-past-one-of-the-outlying-islands-near-poveglia-in-the-waters-off-of-venice-italy-RBW9HB.jpg

• Like 1

Well, hopefully this marks a nice turning point. 4 months since first sale (still not cleared), and this morning, had three new sales each for low/mid $$, so mid/high $$ between them.

Here's one

A view of the Tummel river  running along Pitlochry, in Perthshire, Scotland Stock Photo

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Start: 23 August 2019
End: 23 August 2024

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Canandaigua Lake, New York (Nikon D700). Presentation use for low $$

usa-new-york-ny-sunrise-over-vineyards-and-canandaigua-lake-finger-BRRK5X.jpg

1 hour ago, chris_rabe said:

Well, hopefully this marks a nice turning point. 4 months since first sale (still not cleared), and this morning, had three new sales each for low/mid $$, so mid/high $$ between them.

Here's one

A view of the Tummel river  running along Pitlochry, in Perthshire, Scotland Stock Photo

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Start: 23 August 2019
End: 23 August 2024

Congratulations, Chris.

55 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Congratulations, Chris.

Thanks. I was beginning to feel a bit despondent with the lack of sales. 

It's been a slow summer but two $$ sales today from my New Orleans photos, including this one.

P13CWW.jpg

Posted (edited)

First since June. Mid-$$.

(Daikanransha, Odaiba, Tokyo.)

daikanransha-ferris-wheel-palette-town-odaiba-tokyo-KRB708.jpg

Edited by Thomas Kyhn