Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Best month for volume of sales but not for value.  48 sales (incl 2 refunds and resales for fractionally lower price) for $728 gross - far too many single $ sales.  Not complaining, it's the reality of falling prices. 

 

First time I've had over 100 zooms in a calendar month.  104 for CTR of 1.28.  Happy with that.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

good to hear some of you are having your best month for a while. I continue to have poor sales although ( 5th weak month is a row) but a couple of $$$ is nice to see. Best month for views and zooms for ages so perhaps next month ..............

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another poor month.

6 sales for $45 net, an average of $7.50.   ( A PU was my second-highest sale of the month)

At 7 months into the year (58.3%), I'm at 76.5% of last year's total sales, but only 51% of 2018's gross income.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

June was OK.  July was a disaster.  10 sales for $245 gross/$97 net.

Although my MS experiment also tanked in July , it did pull in $173 net.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

67 sales, but for a gross of $1480. Poor average amount.

 

No sales in the $$$ range; poorest gross monthly income since April 2018, and poorest July gross income since 2011

 

Reasonable to good zoom numbers

 

Kumar

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good month for me:

 

6 for $544 gross

 

To my surprise, a $485 sale dropped in on the last day of the month. I just hope it won't get refunded!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kat said:

To my surprise, a $485 sale dropped in on the last day of the month. I just hope it won't get refunded!

Wow - good to know those still happen now and then.  We just need more now's rather than then's.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Wow - good to know those still happen now and then.  We just need more now's rather than then's.

In my three years on Alamy I've only ever had two sales in the $xxx region but it's good to know it's still possible even today.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 sales, which is good for me.

Also the last couple of months have seen the average sale price getting up to a more realistic average even though there have been a few low ones chucked in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reimar said:

June was OK.  July was a disaster.  10 sales for $245 gross/$97 net.

Although my MS experiment also tanked in July , it did pull in $173 net.

 

Always good to hear news from the dark side. My very limited experimenting suggests that -- unlike on Alamy --  images uploaded to the other place quickly descend into the depths of no return. Consequently,  the fish tend to bite only when the bait is fresh (awful analogy, sorry).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Always good to hear news from the dark side. My very limited experimenting suggests that -- unlike on Alamy --  images uploaded to the other place quickly descend into the depths of no return. Consequently,  the fish tend to bite only when the bait is fresh (awful analogy, sorry).

You may be on to something.  My steady climb when uploading my port' went into a freefall after I finished for the last two months.  Others there have seen a poor June/July as well.  So it could be something similar to what we saw here when Alamy changed their algorithm - some winners, some losers.  As always, the answer is keep plugging away since we can't do anything about all that anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.