How was your July 2019?

Best month for volume of sales but not for value.  48 sales (incl 2 refunds and resales for fractionally lower price) for $728 gross - far too many single $ sales.  Not complaining, it's the reality of falling prices. 

First time I've had over 100 zooms in a calendar month.  104 for CTR of 1.28.  Happy with that.  

• Love 1

67 sales, but for a gross of $1480. Poor average amount.

No sales in the $$$ range; poorest gross monthly income since April 2018, and poorest July gross income since 2011

Reasonable to good zoom numbers

Kumar

• Love 1

Very good month for me:

6 for $544 gross

To my surprise, a $485 sale dropped in on the last day of the month. I just hope it won't get refunded!

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Kat said:

To my surprise, a $485 sale dropped in on the last day of the month. I just hope it won't get refunded!

Wow - good to know those still happen now and then.  We just need more now's rather than then's.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Wow - good to know those still happen now and then.  We just need more now's rather than then's.

In my three years on Alamy I've only ever had two sales in the $xxx region but it's good to know it's still possible even today.  

8 sales, which is good for me.

Also the last couple of months have seen the average sale price getting up to a more realistic average even though there have been a few low ones chucked in.

3 hours ago, Reimar said:

June was OK.  July was a disaster.  10 sales for $245 gross/$97 net.

Although my MS experiment also tanked in July , it did pull in $173 net.

Always good to hear news from the dark side. My very limited experimenting suggests that -- unlike on Alamy --  images uploaded to the other place quickly descend into the depths of no return. Consequently,  the fish tend to bite only when the bait is fresh (awful analogy, sorry).

3 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Always good to hear news from the dark side. My very limited experimenting suggests that -- unlike on Alamy --  images uploaded to the other place quickly descend into the depths of no return. Consequently,  the fish tend to bite only when the bait is fresh (awful analogy, sorry).

You may be on to something.  My steady climb when uploading my port' went into a freefall after I finished for the last two months.  Others there have seen a poor June/July as well.  So it could be something similar to what we saw here when Alamy changed their algorithm - some winners, some losers.  As always, the answer is keep plugging away since we can't do anything about all that anyway.