Sign in to follow this  
LawrensonPhoto

Why would this be?

Question

Posted (edited)

Search Term        Your Views    Sessions    Your Zooms    Your Sales    Your CTR(%)    Total Views    Total Zooms    Total CTR(%)
m20 motorway           53                    1                   2                       0                    3.77                  100                    2                      2.00

m20 motorway            6                     1                   0                       0                    0.00                  100                    0                      0.00

Identical search term, different outcome for 2 buyers?

This is from yesterday's report just come in this morning

buyer added search term 'last 12 months'

Edited by LawrensonPhoto
added answer

7 answers to this question

If I remember correctly, Alamy stated that search results are now dependant on who performed the search. I don't know if that only applies to regular customers who have been 'profiled' or if they are using some other method, but it does make you wonder if the test searches we perform to assess our Alamy rank are actually giving a true picture.

It is the first set of search results which puzzles me. 53 views out of a 100 results is a massive percentage, especially when your total number of M20 motorway images is just 67. There must be some other filter factor in that first line of results, but I'm blowed if I can see what it is. It's not just that someone has searched for you as a specific contributor.

When I do the same search I see a mixed bag of contributors, of which about half-a-dozen are yours, but that's, but a lot less than 53. 

I remain yours, puzzled.

Just now, LawrensonPhoto said:

I worked it out

?

2 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

?

see above :D

3 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

see above :D

Yes, I see, last 12 months. I did try that filter but abandoned counting when I saw the first five rows of pictures contained only two of yours. If I had scrolled down I would have seen that you had laid claim to almost all the bottom half of the page to make up the 53!

• Like 1

I intend to lay claim to all 100 images soon 😂

• Upvote 1