Lisa

Photography Meet Up in London- August 2019

On 03/07/2019 at 19:21, British Gent said:

Not so much tapping into each other's creativity as lending one another photography magazines so we can 'master' architectural photography by reading an article. Excellent!

For our Cambridge meetups, we have never done any photography together - just talked about it and much more besides. More about building friendships than anything else. I am not one for photographing in groups but am very happy to share expertise. 

14 hours ago, MDM said:

For our Cambridge meetups, we have never done any photography together - just talked about it and much more besides. More about building friendships than anything else. I am not one for photographing in groups but am very happy to share expertise. 

I'm more in tune with your thoughts re a contributor meet up MDM, and my first though when I saw Lisa's original post it would have been similar to Cambridge's and others. Just wondering if there was interest in a meet in a pub and a chat re the stock business etc over a pint or a coffee prior to Lisa's meet at 12:00? There should be time for both.

That could be fun - I can't manage Saturday evenings but lunchtime is possible.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sb photos said:

I'm more in tune with your thoughts re a contributor meet up MDM, and my first though when I saw Lisa's original post it would have been similar to Cambridge's and others. Just wondering if there was interest in a meet in a pub and a chat re the stock business etc over a pint or a coffee prior to Lisa's meet at 12:00? There should be time for both.

Sounds good and I'm in.

Edited by Gnans

For anyone who is interested, we will meet on Saturday, August 10th at 12 noon at the entrance to Festival Pier near Royal Festival Hall. On Google maps, it looks like there is a yellow area directly across from Festival Pier that could provide shade or rain protection while we wait for the group to arrive. See you then!

• Upvote 1

On 30/07/2019 at 22:10, Lisa said:

For anyone who is interested, we will meet on Saturday, August 10th at 12 noon at the entrance to Festival Pier near Royal Festival Hall. On Google maps, it looks like there is a yellow area directly across from Festival Pier that could provide shade or rain protection while we wait for the group to arrive. See you then!

I am very sorry but am not able to be with you on 10th. Have to go up to Lincolnshire and Humberside over that weekend.

Hope you all have a good time.

Allan

I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on Saturday. I'm spending too much time this week on NHS premises (nothing serious - yet) and I need to take it easy for a few days. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

Next time you're over here, Lisa, come to Yorkshire!

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on Saturday. I'm spending too much time this week on NHS premises (nothing serious - yet) and I need to take it easy for a few days. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

Next time you're over here, Lisa, come to Yorkshire!

Alan

Sorry to hear that Alan!

I will be coming - look forward to seeing you all there

Cheers

Kumar

• Like 1

I am still coming. First I have some photography to undertake in two areas of London, then will jump on a tube to Embankment and quickly cross the Thames, should just about make it for 12:00.

Glad to hear you can make it Kumar. 

Take a group photo and post it here, if you can!  So envious!

• Like 2

With all the chaos last night at Kings Cross (station was closed, all trains cancelled), I decided that I wouldn't come as they were predicting further problems today due to trains being stuck in various places. Have a good meet up people. 😎

FC2E0089-73AC-4B81-9CE7-FA62C5B35FF9.jpe

• Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Lisa said:

FC2E0089-73AC-4B81-9CE7-FA62C5B35FF9.jpe

Hi Lisa,

Thank-you very much for organising the London Meeting. Hope that you enjoy your visit to Cambridge.

Best wishes,

Michael.

Looks like blue was fashion trend of the day!  Good looking bunch, too bad Lisa didn’t jump in the shot.

3 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Looks like blue was fashion trend of the day!  Good looking bunch, too bad Lisa didn’t jump in the shot.

But we know what she looks like from her avatar!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

But we know what she looks like from her avatar!

Yes, just like a cartoon! 😁

Edited by Michael Ventura

17 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I could have setup a camera on a mini tripod and used the self timer, but didn't want to risk the kit being trod on, it was busy.

On the train almost home. Was an interesting meet.

If another one of these is organised, I'd love to join in :) Hope you all enjoyed yourselves yesterday !

16 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Looks like blue was fashion trend of the day!

Damn! If I'd been able to make it I'd have been wearing red.

Alan

Good meet up - thanks to Lisa for organising it! 

I have e-mailed all those who came so you can hopefully organise another meet up in a few months time if you choose!

I have a photo on my phone of the group including Lisa but not including me; How do I upload that to this thread??

Good to meet you all - I will happily come again if another meeting is arranged and I am around

Kumar

On 10/08/2019 at 09:04, MDM said:

With all the chaos last night at Kings Cross (station was closed, all trains cancelled), I decided that I wouldn't come as they were predicting further problems today due to trains being stuck in various places. Have a good meet up people. 😎

Mick - I had no problems getting there or back by train apart from an appalling time trying to get home to Newmarket from Cambridge. 

K

Thank you Lisa for initiating and organising the meet. It was an insightful meet for me. I heard and learnt a few bits from everyone who came along.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I have a photo on my phone of the group including Lisa but not including me; How do I upload that to this thread??

Kumar - You have to host the picture on an external site and add the image URL.

Posted (edited)

I will upload photo later today once I’ve checked into my hotel and back on WiFi.

Edited by Lisa
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Mick - I had no problems getting there or back by train apart from an appalling time trying to get home to Newmarket from Cambridge. 

K

Yes these delays really spoil things - my last trip to Cambridge was a nightmare on the way back due to an accident on the A14. Ely should be a lot better - train or car. 

I did see that  the LNER trains were back to normal more or less on Saturday but they were still predicting disruption so I stuck with the Friday night decision. They still haven't explained the power cuts that caused the chaos. I would have liked to have met up with everyone. Maybe next time.