Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Doc said:

It is amazing what you can do after a few drinks!

 

😉

You weren’t supposed to guess I had vodka in there! 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, June remains in stall mode for me. After a very promising start to the month, I'm now going to need a couple more sales just to make it into "average" territory.

 

Bring on the last-minute surge... 😃

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last minute surge is a myth I am afraid :=(

 

My June is stuck at that 49 cents novell use sale.  It can always be worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a 2 million national newspaper editorial sale for just $9.92   Someone please tell me this is a mistake ?

Edited by Marb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marb said:

I have a 2 million national newspaper editorial sale for just $9.92   Someone please tell me this is a mistake ?

That's about normal for UK newspaper sales unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Marb said:

I have a 2 million national newspaper editorial sale for just $9.92   Someone please tell me this is a mistake ?

That's been pretty normal for UKNS for at least a year. My contribution to this griping thread is the shortage in quantity of such licenses reported in my end of month surge, assuming it's over. Just two UKNS when I'd average around six normally, and very little else beyond a nicely priced live news.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

That's been pretty normal for UKNS for at least a year. My contribution to this griping thread is the shortage in quantity of such licenses reported in my end of month surge, assuming it's over. Just two UKNS when I'd average around six normally, and very little else beyond a nicely priced live news.

It's not over yet - !

 

Kumar

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After my first sale last month, for just low $$, nothing at all this month.

 

Almost nothing anywhere else.

 

Once I have cleared my backlog, I am stopping to uploading images anywhere, give it a few months, and see if things move. If not, giving up - I have better things to do with my time than spending hours upon hours processing and keywording and uploading and tagging and bla bla bla, only for it to go NOWHERE.

 

Honestly, the more I have uploaded elsewhere, the less I have sold! Here, almost nothing happens either way.

 

This isn't feeling like a marathon - it feels more like running on a treadmill and actually expecting to get somewhere. Finding it harder to be positive. It's actively contributing to me depression now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's not over yet - !

 

Kumar

True, but when my UKNS reports come in that's usually when the portly lady takes to the mic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far this year my sales have appeared on the very last day of the month, so still some hope left. It would be nice to keep the perfect triangle wave going on this year's sales graph. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Avpics said:

That's been pretty normal for UKNS for at least a year. My contribution to this griping thread is the shortage in quantity of such licenses reported in my end of month surge, assuming it's over. Just two UKNS when I'd average around six normally, and very little else beyond a nicely priced live news.

That's a very poor return. Hardly seems worthwhile submitting. Years ago that kind of editorial sale would have netted a three or four figure sum.

Edited by Marb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Marb said:

That's a very poor return. What's the point in submitting  ? Years ago that kind of editorial sale would have netted a three or four figure sum.

That would be many years ago. UKNS is a bulk sales agreement and has been low (ish) all the time I've been on Alamy, and getting lower by the year.

Competition from the micros, and over-supplyh all round.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cryptoprocta said:

That would be many years ago. UKNS is a bulk sales agreement and has been low (ish) all the time I've been on Alamy, and getting lower by the year.

Competition from the micros.

To be fair I have had some single micro sales much greater than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Last minute surge is a myth I am afraid :=(

 

 

No, not a myth

 

km

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marb said:

That's a very poor return. Hardly seems worthwhile submitting. Years ago that kind of editorial sale would have netted a three or four figure sum.

No, not for editorial. For live news use perhaps. Count yourself, lucky, Many of the editorial uses are coming in at $4.90 this month. 

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having an average number of sales in June, but the revenue for the year is up quite a bit. Could be that having US subjects is helping. I'm opted out of everything, which I did to try for better fees. Not interested in the little ones, even though they "add up". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Last minute surge is a myth I am afraid :=(

 

My June is stuck at that 49 cents novell use sale.  It can always be worse!

 

I believe that the last-minute surge phenomenon mainly affects photographers who license a lot of images through the UK newspaper scheme. However, I often see a few images invoiced (non-newspaper use) at the end of the month. In fact one (mid $$) showed up today, leaving me one sale shy of my monthly average. Another mini-surge tomorrow might just do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

After my first sale last month, for just low $$, nothing at all this month.

 

Almost nothing anywhere else.

 

Once I have cleared my backlog, I am stopping to uploading images anywhere, give it a few months, and see if things move. If not, giving up - I have better things to do with my time than spending hours upon hours processing and keywording and uploading and tagging and bla bla bla, only for it to go NOWHERE.

 

Honestly, the more I have uploaded elsewhere, the less I have sold! Here, almost nothing happens either way.

 

This isn't feeling like a marathon - it feels more like running on a treadmill and actually expecting to get somewhere. Finding it harder to be positive. It's actively contributing to me depression now.

I hope you haven't been taking moaning lessons.

You have a tiny collection that hasn't been here long of subjects that are generally over-represented here. Everyone is running to stand still.

BTW the missile in TY1004 is an Ikara. There are no other images of it on Alamy but as it isn't tagged as such it will never be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikara_(missile)

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

After my first sale last month, for just low $$, nothing at all this month.

 

Almost nothing anywhere else.

 

Once I have cleared my backlog, I am stopping to uploading images anywhere, give it a few months, and see if things move. If not, giving up - I have better things to do with my time than spending hours upon hours processing and keywording and uploading and tagging and bla bla bla, only for it to go NOWHERE.

 

Honestly, the more I have uploaded elsewhere, the less I have sold! Here, almost nothing happens either way.

 

This isn't feeling like a marathon - it feels more like running on a treadmill and actually expecting to get somewhere. Finding it harder to be positive. It's actively contributing to me depression now.

It's a frustrating game Chris, of that there's no doubt. Have a break, have a chat with someone, maybe come back when you feel fresher.

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Last minute surge is a myth I am afraid :=(

 

Nope. All of my 17 sales for this month have been this week, both editorial and stock.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

Nope. All of my 17 sales for this month have been this week, both editorial and stock.

Not for me

But l am happy for you guys 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I hope you haven't been taking moaning lessons.

You have a tiny collection that hasn't been here long of subjects that are generally over-represented here. Everyone is running to stand still.

BTW the missile in TY1004 is an Ikara. There are no other images of it on Alamy but as it isn't tagged as such it will never be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikara_(missile)

 

Bad day. General depression of late that let get better of me, and got news of a friend diagnosed with cancer and just lost my cool a bit. 

 

Thanks for the id of the missile. Was planning to find out what it was. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bunch of my news sales over the last month or two have been for $4.90 and $8.58.  However, three of this months live news sales have been $$$, two of them good $$$ so the good prices are still out there.

 

As for June, it's a great month for me so far - 18 sales and still a few days left!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’ve only licensed two this month for amounts that are nothing to brag about. I semi-expect my surge could be one more! 😁 

That’s ok...I’ve not uploaded much and am tripping over my own feet. 

Hope for next month.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

 

Bad day.

 

Thanks for the id of the missile. Was planning to find out what it was. 

Fair enough. No problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.