Don't know what it is about June

16 minutes ago, Marb said:

I have a 2 million national newspaper editorial sale for just $9.92   Someone please tell me this is a mistake ?

That's about normal for UK newspaper sales unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, Marb said:

I have a 2 million national newspaper editorial sale for just $9.92   Someone please tell me this is a mistake ?

That's been pretty normal for UKNS for at least a year. My contribution to this griping thread is the shortage in quantity of such licenses reported in my end of month surge, assuming it's over. Just two UKNS when I'd average around six normally, and very little else beyond a nicely priced live news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

That's been pretty normal for UKNS for at least a year. My contribution to this griping thread is the shortage in quantity of such licenses reported in my end of month surge, assuming it's over. Just two UKNS when I'd average around six normally, and very little else beyond a nicely priced live news.

It's not over yet - !

Kumar

• Like 1

After my first sale last month, for just low $$, nothing at all this month.

Almost nothing anywhere else.

Once I have cleared my backlog, I am stopping to uploading images anywhere, give it a few months, and see if things move. If not, giving up - I have better things to do with my time than spending hours upon hours processing and keywording and uploading and tagging and bla bla bla, only for it to go NOWHERE.

Honestly, the more I have uploaded elsewhere, the less I have sold! Here, almost nothing happens either way.

This isn't feeling like a marathon - it feels more like running on a treadmill and actually expecting to get somewhere. Finding it harder to be positive. It's actively contributing to me depression now.

So far this year my sales have appeared on the very last day of the month, so still some hope left. It would be nice to keep the perfect triangle wave going on this year's sales graph. . .

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

That's a very poor return. Hardly seems worthwhile submitting. Years ago that kind of editorial sale would have netted a three or four figure sum.

Edited by Marb

4 minutes ago, Marb said:

That's a very poor return. What's the point in submitting  ? Years ago that kind of editorial sale would have netted a three or four figure sum.

That would be many years ago. UKNS is a bulk sales agreement and has been low (ish) all the time I've been on Alamy, and getting lower by the year.

Competition from the micros, and over-supplyh all round.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Just now, Cryptoprocta said:

That would be many years ago. UKNS is a bulk sales agreement and has been low (ish) all the time I've been on Alamy, and getting lower by the year.

Competition from the micros.

To be fair I have had some single micro sales much greater than this.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

That's a very poor return. Hardly seems worthwhile submitting. Years ago that kind of editorial sale would have netted a three or four figure sum.

No, not for editorial. For live news use perhaps. Count yourself, lucky, Many of the editorial uses are coming in at $4.90 this month. 

Edited by Sally

Having an average number of sales in June, but the revenue for the year is up quite a bit. Could be that having US subjects is helping. I'm opted out of everything, which I did to try for better fees. Not interested in the little ones, even though they "add up". 

11 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Last minute surge is a myth I am afraid :=(

My June is stuck at that 49 cents novell use sale.  It can always be worse!

I believe that the last-minute surge phenomenon mainly affects photographers who license a lot of images through the UK newspaper scheme. However, I often see a few images invoiced (non-newspaper use) at the end of the month. In fact one (mid $$) showed up today, leaving me one sale shy of my monthly average. Another mini-surge tomorrow might just do the trick.

5 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

Once I have cleared my backlog, I am stopping to uploading images anywhere, give it a few months, and see if things move. If not, giving up - I have better things to do with my time than spending hours upon hours processing and keywording and uploading and tagging and bla bla bla, only for it to go NOWHERE.

Honestly, the more I have uploaded elsewhere, the less I have sold! Here, almost nothing happens either way.

This isn't feeling like a marathon - it feels more like running on a treadmill and actually expecting to get somewhere. Finding it harder to be positive. It's actively contributing to me depression now.

I hope you haven't been taking moaning lessons.

You have a tiny collection that hasn't been here long of subjects that are generally over-represented here. Everyone is running to stand still.

BTW the missile in TY1004 is an Ikara. There are no other images of it on Alamy but as it isn't tagged as such it will never be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikara_(missile)

Edited by spacecadet

5 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

It's a frustrating game Chris, of that there's no doubt. Have a break, have a chat with someone, maybe come back when you feel fresher.

James

13 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Last minute surge is a myth I am afraid :=(

Nope. All of my 17 sales for this month have been this week, both editorial and stock.

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I hope you haven't been taking moaning lessons.

You have a tiny collection that hasn't been here long of subjects that are generally over-represented here. Everyone is running to stand still.

BTW the missile in TY1004 is an Ikara. There are no other images of it on Alamy but as it isn't tagged as such it will never be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikara_(missile)

Bad day. General depression of late that let get better of me, and got news of a friend diagnosed with cancer and just lost my cool a bit. 

Thanks for the id of the missile. Was planning to find out what it was. 

• Love 1

A bunch of my news sales over the last month or two have been for $4.90 and $8.58.  However, three of this months live news sales have been $$$, two of them good $$$ so the good prices are still out there.

As for June, it's a great month for me so far - 18 sales and still a few days left!

I’ve only licensed two this month for amounts that are nothing to brag about. I semi-expect my surge could be one more! 😁 

That’s ok...I’ve not uploaded much and am tripping over my own feet. 

Hope for next month.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue