Don't know what it is about June

"Don't know what it is about June"

My June sales are at my monthly average. June? It's the transition month from spring to summer in most of the northern hemisphere. In Western Ireland, it seems to be the transition from winter to . . . more winter.  The temperature has not gotten above 15 C since I arrived in Ireland and that's fine by me.  😎

Edited by Ed Rooney

Terrible. Just terrible. No rewards for my exclusive images here. I have no option than to sell them at other agencies as it's hopeless here, just hopeless and getting worse.

Edited by Marb
  • Dislike 3

No sales I can cope with, it happens from time to time. But I'm experiencing a dearth of zooms > lower CTR > fewer views > fewer zooms > lower CTR, in what seems to be the ultimate death spiral.

Were I in the Antarctic it might be time to be thinking of taking a walk outside!!

1 hour ago, Marb said:

Terrible. Just terrible. No rewards for my exclusive images here. I have no option than to sell them at other agencies as it's hopeless here, just hopeless and getting worse.

Look on the bright side and count your blessings. You could be living in a country that is politically fubared, about to taken over by an unelected liar with a history of xenophobic comments bordering on racism, who could inflict economic chaos on the population while barely noticing the effect themselves. A lack of sales on Alamy (moreover with a mere 2223 images) pales in comparison.  I am guessing you are not relying on your Alamy sales to survive - forgive me if I am wrong. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MDM said:

You could be living in a country that is politically fubared, about to taken over by an unelected liar with a history of xenophobic comments bordering on racism, who could inflict economic chaos on the population while barely noticing the effect themselves.

Well, yeah; but Nicola's laughing into her Irn-Bru.

2 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

You mean Nicola Sturgeon and Scottish independence I guess. I was just talking hypothetically myself 😎.

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Can you still get that? Not seen it for ages. Used to drink it myself a long time ago. That was when I lived oop North.

Allan

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

Can you still get that? Not seen it for ages. Used to drink it myself a long time ago. That was when I lived oop North.

Allan

Oh yes, it outsells Coke in these airts. Except in Trump's Turnberry Hotel where it's banned.

Also lots of England and other countries, particularly Barga in Italy.

4 hours ago, Marb said:

Put up images buyers want. You've put up 200 since September. I put up 200 last week, and it's a quiet year for me.

Edited by spacecadet

7 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Put up images buyers want. You've put up 200 since September. I put up 200 last week, and it's a quiet year for me.

I used to get MORE sales here with a lot LESS images so that theory is shot down somewhat. 

• Dislike 3

In years to come strangers will come up to us in the street, in hushed tones they will ask, "Is it true?". "Where you really there?". "Was it really like in the film?" Then with a tear in our eyes we'll be able to say, "Yes...The June 2019 end of month rush was....."

To be continued...

23 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

Big mistake Bryan, Just had three glorious weeks in our touring caravan in the mountains of south east Spain, some chilly mornings but most days mid 20s and no rain.

Indeed a mistake not to be repeated!

Things belatedly cheering up here weather wise, temperature rising, but more rain also threatened.

3 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

In years to come strangers will come up to us in the street, in hushed tones they will ask, "Is it true?". "Where you really there?". "Was it really like in the film?" Then with a tear in our eyes we'll be able to say, "Yes...The June 2019 end of month rush was....."

To be continued...

Is the end of June rush a druggy thing? Sounds like ole Marb could do with a bit of a lift - he always sounds so down and unhappy but drugs are probably not really a permanent solution especially if he has to pay for them out of his Alamy earnings 😟

• Like 2

Whatever the cause this year started well for me but is turning into a disaster. Sales are currently half the number they should be based on last year, revenue down too and even zooms are at a desperate low 😭😭😭

20 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

Whatever the cause this year started well for me but is turning into a disaster. Sales are currently half the number they should be based on last year, revenue down too and even zooms are at a desperate low 😭😭😭

Not just me then. Its definitely declining despite the suggestions of not having the right kind or enough images. Other sites are consistently selling for me ( as well as expanding in contributors) , some micro for more money on individual sales than here. I have also made more effort to add more eclectic, editorial images here but to no avail. 

Edited by Marb
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Marb said:

Not just me then. Its definitely declining despite the suggestions of not having the right kind or enough images. Other sites are consistently selling for me ( as well as expanding in contributors) , some micro for more money on individual sales than here. I have also made more effort to add more eclectic, editorial images here but to no avail. 

Since contributing to Alamy seems to be bringing you nothing but heartache, maybe you should pack it in. Or is griping something you enjoy?

A positive attitude can't guarantee sales, but an attitude as negative as yours is bound to have a damaging effect... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Since contributing to Alamy seems to be bringing you nothing but heartache, maybe you should pack it in. Or is griping something you enjoy?

A positive attitude can't guarantee sales, but an attitude as negative as yours is bound to have a damaging effect... 

Damaging ? I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that I don't post my concerns on a thread about declining sales ? I am sure there are other threads you can visit to read about good sales. I can only go on my experience.  

I have had some good sales here in the past, and to be fair have reported them.

• Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, Marb said:

Damaging ? I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that I don't post my concerns on a thread about declining sales ? I am sure there are other threads you can visit to read about good sales. I can only go on my experience.  

We've heard you. We got the memo. But it's like hearing a boring anecdote again and again and again...

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Marb said:

It's not about posting concerns. It's about repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and paying little or no heed to what anyone says. I recall this thread when you simply refused to accept reality or responsiblity for your own actions or lack thereof and raged about what a terrible program Lightroom is. When I pointed you to the Lightroom forums, you did the same thing there - refused to accept what the experts there were saying. And I certainly did not get anything even approaching a thank you for going out of my way to help you. 

Maybe you genuinely don't realise how you come across but it might be worth you considering the reactions you get from other forum users and seeing these as a mirror. You come across as incredibly negative, inward looking and very unhappy. You are actually a very good photographer, judging from your portfolio, so why not channel your energy into that.  You could maybe even help others on the forum rather than repeatedly moaning about your lack of sales. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MDM said:

It's not about posting concerns. It's about repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and paying little or no heed to what anyone says. I recall this thread when you simply refused to accept reality or responsiblity for your own actions or lack thereof and raged about what a terrible program Lightroom is. When I pointed you to the Lightroom forums, you did the same thing there - refused to accept what the experts there were saying. And I certainly did not get anything even approaching a thank you for going out of my way to help you. 

Maybe you genuinely don't realise how you come across but it might be worth you considering the reactions you get from other forum users and seeing these as a mirror. You come across as incredibly negative, inward looking and very unhappy. You are actually a very good photographer, judging from your portfolio, so why not channel your energy into that.  You could maybe even help others on the forum rather than repeatedly moaning about your lack of sales. 

Well I am sorry you feel like that and I also apologise for not thanking you which was a genuine oversight but still a poor show on my account. Yes, I do tend to veer on the negative side of things but always try and count my blessings which is work in progress. I just get very despondent when sales here dry up when I am  adding new images. 

Edited by Marb
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2