10 hours ago, gvallee said:

I was wondering the same thing. I had two today. Taken in Hampshire.

Likewise: Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

small-town-english-pub-the-three-tuns-in

I, too, thought of estate agents.  Do the licence terms contradict themselves? A little ambiguous.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Internal newsletter ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Start: 25-June-2019 ; End: 25-June-2024 ;
Additional Details: Use in a location guide for a home owner. Archival rights. Includes repeat use.

Mine was RM (as are all my images). So little difference these days.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Likewise: Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

small-town-english-pub-the-three-tuns-in

I, too, thought of estate agents.  Do the licence terms contradict themselves? A little ambiguous.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Internal newsletter ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Start: 25-June-2019 ; End: 25-June-2024 ;
Additional Details: Use in a location guide for a home owner. Archival rights. Includes repeat use.

Mine was RM (as are all my images). So little difference these days.

It it could be a “Welcome Guide” for new home owners, to a region or neighborhood.   I shoot for one near me.  It shows people, new to the area, things to do, places to eat, etc...

15 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I wondered this. If your shot is in Devon, given as my shot is in London, the chances of it being the same estate agent are a little slim.. although your image could be anywhere!

I got a reasonable $$ price too.

Frequently, people like International Living doing promotions of areas where they've cut deals with local real estate agents and developers to send them business.  Talking up areas where one might want to move, maybe.   Retirees tend to imagine that they can get more house elsewhere if they sell a house they've fully paid for and buy something smaller and cheaper. 

Posted (edited)

Hmmm... a 'location guide for a home owner'. Am I joining a fast-growing club? Mid $$ (Edit to mention it's a bookshop in Hay-on-Wye.)

MTYY4X.jpg

Edited by British Gent

19 hours ago, NYCat said:

Such a "human" little creature. I love it when wildlife images help people to love wildlife. Gen's scary creatures in Australia are fun but scary.

Paulette

Ha ha, I never meant to scare you Paulette. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe cbimages lives in the same town as me. There is a whole colony of those flying foxes about 500m from where I'm standing right now. I'll try and convince buyers to license some of my cuties like sea-lions cuddling...

1 hour ago, British Gent said:

Hmmm... a 'location guide for a home owner'. Am I joining a fast-growing club?

I'm in too:

model-posing-by-london-fashion-week-sign-female-girl-woman-fashionable-M51N7H.jpg

Another 2 sales dropped in this morning for $$, this is the one that hasn't sold before.  Both pics are the same usage.

ballydehob-ireland-6th-apr-2018-a-herd-of-dairy-cows-attempt-to-eat-what-little-grass-there-is-left-in-a-field-of-mud-due-to-the-ongoing-fodder-crisis-in-ireland-the-poor-weather-has-led-to-no-grass-growth-with-fodder-having-to-be-imported-from-the-uk-to-help-desperate-farmers-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-MB2ANX.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 21 June 2019
End: 21 June 2024
Print run: 16,000.

Two sales on the 25th - this is one - massed pipe band "Beating the Retreat" after the highland games in Dufftown, Scotland

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 100,000

Dufftown, Scotland - Jul 31, 2017: Massed pipe bands display "beating the retreat" in the town after the 2017 Highland Stock Photo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

$$$

Media: Television (editorial)

protesters-protesting-american-legislati

• Like 1

Hershey water park.  Magazine use for mid $$

usa-hershey-pa-pennsylvania-hershey-park-waterpark-east-coast-waterworks-C556K2.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, British Gent said:

Hmmm... a 'location guide for a home owner'. Am I joining a fast-growing club? Mid $$ (Edit to mention it's a bookshop in Hay-on-Wye.)

... and I have joined the club as well.

Media: Internal newsletter
Print run: Unlimited
Image Size: Any size
Start: 25 June 2019
End: 25 June 2024
Use in a location guide for a home owner. Archival rights. Includes repeat use

RY4X37.jpg

Edited by Gnans

On 21/06/2019 at 04:01, gvallee said:

It's always good to sell wildlife.

Book to the US for high $$

EJ6KAT.jpg

Best bat image I’ve seen. 👍

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've had a barren spell on the aviation side for the last couple of months and now two sales in two days. A modest fee compared to some in the first two months of the year but listed as, 'Use in a location guide for a home owner'. Not really sure what that means, presumably something to do with the location which was Duxford, Cambridgeshire. Possibly Yeovilton in Somerset where the aircraft was based, which was where it crash landed after this very display in 2017! No injury to the pilot but it is doubtful it will be flown again.

Gary

navy-wings-sea-vixen-displaying-at-a-dux

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Gary1701 said:

.......but it is doubtful it will be flown again.

Don't you know any 'white knights'? I fear we've seen the best of classic jets in the UK, sadly.

Lower end $$. RM With a 50 year licence!

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.Repeat use within a single issue.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 25 June 2069

stimpsons-snapping-shrimps-synalpheus-stimpsoni-living-underneath-BJ5Y65.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, British Gent said:

MTYY4X.jpg

I am wondering what is happening. I had 3 pics of Henley in the location guide!

A welcome $$$ live news print image, after a number going at just $$:

traditional-british-bank-holiday-monday-event-soapbox-derby-involving-handmade-carts-racing-down-a-course-using-gravity-alone-for-power-event-organised-by-the-rotary-club-of-billericay-for-charity-down-a-closed-section-of-road-with-added-jumps-and-chicane-T7BWC9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cbimages said:

Lower end $$. RM With a 50 year licence!

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.Repeat use within a single issue.
End: 25 June 2069

stimpsons-snapping-shrimps-synalpheus-stimpsoni-living-underneath-BJ5Y65.jpg

50 YEARS? That's a joke.

Yet another sale dropped in this morning - only $, but that brings me to 18 for the month with still a couple of days to go.  Nice!cape-clear-ferry-dun-an-oir-docks-at-schull-harbour-to-pick-up-passengers-heading-for-cape-clear-island-west-cork-ireland-on-a-summers-day-PBAYRN.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 similar ones sold in the last two days, all for the same low $$ fee

Old Japanese matchbox labels, some made for the Indian market. Collecting matchbox labels and matchbook covers is known as phillumeny or phillumenism Stock Photo
  • Upvote 1

This was shot just by my neighborhood.  Book use for mid $$

zika-mosquito-warning-in-usa-american-maryland-on-bus-shelter-fight-GDJ0G1.jpg

• Like 1

An old one, for mid $$

Any Crass fans here? 

steve-ignorant-and-eve-libertine-crass-play-st-georges-hall-exeter-KK61N6.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thomas Cook Airbus A321-211 on final approach to Copenhagen Airport, CPH, Kastrup, Denmarkthomas-cook-airbus-a321-211-on-final-apphttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7044141/Are-going-administration-Worried-holidaymakers-flood-Thomas-Cook-fears.html

- and hopefully not the last sale of the image - as I think will be the case with one of my WOW Air images - if they don't fly any longer, they will probably not sell.

Posted (edited)

bluish-encrusting-sponge-phorbas-tenacio

Link to the image in Alamy: Phorbas tenacious

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use.
Start: 27 June 2019
Duration: Unlimited

Mid $$. Directly in Alamy. Exclusive.

Edited by shearwater
  • Upvote 1